Bills trade Ragland, add another draft pick

AFJF

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/sean_mcdermott_says_buffalo_bills_lb_reggie_ragland_fighting_for_roster_spot.html

As recently as Sunday, McDermott said Ragland was fighting for a roster spot with the Bills. Ragland missed the entire 2016 season with a torn ACL he suffered in training camp. There were questions about whether he would fit into McDermott's 4-3 defense after he was drafted to play in Rex Ryan's 3-4 scheme. 

The Bills recognized he didn't fit and got more future value in exchange.

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Week 1 is looking like an important game to lose with the mutual tanking in full effect.

BUF has a truckload of extra draft picks.  Even if we are ahead of them, they could leapfrog us to #1 if we're not already there.  Either way, I think you will see at least two QBs drafted early by AFCE teams, and the Dolphins are probably contemplating life after Tannehill/Cutler as well.

BUF has a truckload of extra draft picks.  Even if we are ahead of them, they could leapfrog us to #1 if we're not already there.  Either way, I think you will see at least two QBs drafted early by AFCE teams, and the Dolphins are probably contemplating life after Tannehill/Cutler as well.
A repeat of the Geno draft (can't even remember the bum Buffalo reached for in the 1st that year, the name escapes me).....hopefully we do a better job of picking a QB and for Buffalo its more of the same

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, papz187 said:

A repeat of the Geno draft (can't even remember the bum Buffalo reached for in the 1st that year, the name escapes me).....hopefully we do a better job of picking a QB and for Buffalo its more of the same

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EJ Manuel?

Good get for the chiefs 

The interesting thing about this is the general consensus on the board is that its a smart move by the Bills - however I cant imagine if Mac dealt a player picked one year earlier in the 2nd round, for a 4th rounder.  Pitchforks would be out

17 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Good get for the chiefs 

The interesting thing about this is the general consensus on the board is that its a smart move by the Bills - however I cant imagine if Mac dealt a player picked one year earlier in the 2nd round, for a 4th rounder.  Pitchforks would be out

This is BS.  I would imagine that if Mac dealt Amaro for a 4th we'd be quite happy and would have been making fun of Idzik. We'd probably be impressed with him getting a 4th for Hackenberg at this point to, but Ragland was a pick by a different front office for a different defense.    

19 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Good get for the chiefs 

Macc trades Hack for a 4th this place would be a standing ovation.  

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

There are a lot of bad teams unfortunately. We can't afford to start 1-0 even if there are 3 great QBs coming out next year. 

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I think more like Buf waging war to get top pick. If the Jets don't own #1 we may see the top QB going within our division. This is a race to the bottom here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Completely agree. They're accumulating assets to make sure they have a shot at the top QB. We can't let them outtank us. Gotta lose Week 1.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

not at all worried about them leapfrogging us..this is the team that picked EJ Manuel

19 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

not at all worried about them leapfrogging us..this is the team that picked EJ Manuel

Um, dude... Buddy Nix picked Manuel.  Then Whaley took over.  The new GM is Brandon Beane from the Panthers.  There is no reason to expect the same level of incompetence.  Being a Jets fan has made you think that the dunce cap goes with the uniform, but it doesn't.  People make these choices and these are different people, while we have in place the staff that graded Hackenberg as a 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Um, dude... Buddy Nix picked Manuel.  Then Whaley took over.  The new GM is Brandon Beane from the Panthers.  There is no reason to expect the same level of incompetence.  Being a Jets fan has made you think that the dunce cap goes with the uniform, but it doesn't.  People make these choices and these are different people, while we have in place the staff that graded Hackenberg as a 2nd. 

Um dude.....every time we change the regime we THINK they are going to make better picks than the last one. I thought about what you said and then I thought about all the times we changed and they changed and the results stayed the same.

The bills have just as long a putrid history as we do.....I'm not worried.

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

Good get for the chiefs 

because Buffalo appears to have a plan...and it's year 1, not year 3 and a regime dumping it's own players...

Talk about removing the cancer known as Rex Ryan.  Holy sh*t they are literally dumping everyone he had a hand in drafting.

McCown now the named starter means he will have a Fitzpatrick like renaissance and put up his best numbers since 2013 costing the Jets the future

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Good get for the chiefs 

What are you talking about? 4th for Hack would be equivalent to winning a SB - unique for Jets. 

Archived