Josh McCown named starter by Bowles.

Lupz27

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tony MaC said:

Its funny that the most disappointed reactions are related tot he idea that he might help the team win. I'm not rooting for a team of youngsters (sans QB) to lose this year. Tank nothing the future is NOW.

And how does starting the 38-year old vet over the 26 year old with potential fit into the 'Future is Now' strategy?

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

Only the Jets would start a 38 years old QB and 31 years old RB in a youth movement year.  This is kind of funny in the pathetic sense.  

... and pending what's done with McLendon and Purdum, those are the only two 30 somethings on the team this year.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So most people believe that the guy who is 2-22 in his last 24 games will mess up the Jets draft pick

I think for a lot of people it's not that. It's the idea that McCown might play poorly and lead us to a loss or he might lead us to a win... either way he's not our qb of the future. Petty could play well and we'd all cream our shorts even if we lose. McCown winning is bs, Petty or Hack winning is exciting

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And how does starting the 38-year old vet over the 26 year old with potential fit into the 'Future is Now' strategy?

The rest of the team is still mostly comprised of starters who are either at or haven't even reached their prime. That's a youth movement. Having a QB who's probably adept at running the O isn't gonna hurt that. edit: okay, he probably KNOWS it a little better than Bryce. Don't wanna make it sound like he's an all-pro or something.

5 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

... and pending what's done with McLendon and Purdum, those are the only two 30 somethings on the team this year.

While Purdum is a goner, no one outside of fans have given the slightest suggestion McLendon is going anywhere.

They'd probably listen to any (very unlikely to happen) trade offer, but there's little-to-no reason for a straight cut.

I want this POS fired!!!!!!!!!!!  He has no clue what it takes to be an NFL head coach.  How can any Jets fan support this moron and his decision making. 

Image result for todd bowles gifs

I don't want to hear the EXCUSE ANYMORE we are REBUILDING 

You don't REBUILD with a 38 year old LOSER NFL QB 

18-42 NFL career 

THESE DAMN JETS ARE GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

While Purdum is a goner, no one outside of fans have given the slightest suggestion McLendon is going anywhere.

They'd probably listen to any (very unlikely to happen) trade offer, but there's little-to-no reason for a straight cut.

I guess. He's fine. He just isn't a guarantee, thus the caveat.

sorry, the 2 most important things for this year - determine if either Hack or Petty can be our guy and if not, get our guy - McCown does nothing for either of these. Stupid decision we win 5 games and we loose another year and have to rebuild again.

consider if we start hack and/or petty; most likely scenario we win 2 games and we find out that neither guy is our guy - we draft a top QB prospect; we win 3-4 games and have foudn our guy - we trade away the picks to build the OL; win 5-6 games and we have our guy - great - sign Bowles to an extension.

or, we play McCown, win 5-6 games miss out on a top QB, draft another DL and fire both Bowles and Mac. So, what do we do? we start McCown. I think I might just not watch football this year.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If you consider McCown nice things I feel bad for your childhood.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Bates: Last time he was w/Jets (2005) they used 5 QBs...It's a week to week league. They''ll all be prepared each week to play...carry on

So I guess that means McCown has to play the role of 3 QBs, taking on the rapid injury role of Chad and Fiedler, and the old-man responsibilities of Vinny.

That leaves Petty with the "aw, you gotta feel bad for the poor kid" role of Bollywood, and Hack with the "lolwut" of Kingsbury.

Just now, munchmemory said:

I just burned/threw out every Peanuts doll, or other reference, in my home.  Including my wife's Snoopy vibrator.

I'm ready to do that with all my NY Jets stuff........... (no Jets sex toys in the house that would be lame and limp if they did make one) 

Archived