Sign in to follow this  
Lupz27

Josh McCown named starter by Bowles.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Sadly we all knew Bowles would make this choice. I hope the only reason he is naming McCown the starter is because Petty's knee will need to heal, but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Why couldn't he just name Petty the starter? It's a win-win situation. Jets fans get a young favorite to play, the vets like him and it looks earned. Easy decision that was botched.

He's not as good a player. That's what makes it an easy decision.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I'm more surprised that this decision was unexpected to some, than I am by it actually happening.

Odds are all three will be getting starts throughout this season.

I thought Petty had a shot, but McCown was the favorite

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Why couldn't he just name Petty the starter? It's a win-win situation. Jets fans get a young favorite to play, the vets like him and it looks earned. Easy decision that was botched.

Because 4 wins look better than 3 on his resume at the unemployment line.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I thought Petty had a shot, but McCown was the favorite

He threw for 3 TDs, 0 INTs with a perfect QBR and got passed up for a guy who has a 30% winning percentage and has thrown 4 passes in preseason games.  How much of a shot did he have?

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I'm more surprised that this decision was unexpected to some, than I am by it actually happening.

Odds are all three will be getting starts throughout this season.

Yeah, probably. 

I feel like the only downside to any of this is the fact that neither of the two younger QBs will get a full season to start, and I'm not sure they needed one for a full evaluation.

Just now, nycdan said:

He threw for 3 TDs, 0 INTs with a perfect QBR and got passed up for a guy who has a 30% winning percentage and has thrown 4 passes in preseason games.  How much of a shot did he have?

The knee injury may have killed any real shot he had

McCown was always going to be the starter. They wanted to see what they had in Hackenberg, and the answer was dogsh*t. Petty was never considered.

The good news -- I don't think any of these guys are good enough to stop us from getting Sam Darnold. This offense is going to SUCK.