Petty Politics Hurting Bryce?

JetNation

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

But just like we can't take out the INT , I don't hear anyone talking about the long pass to Robbie that should have been either a TD or interference . That could have made Hack's stats look a lot better. 

You mean the long pass that was horribly underthrown?

My main issue with Hack is that on the rare occasion when he's had some time, and sees an open receiver - he has been very inaccurate.  A couple of the great catches by receivers in the last game - they were wide open!!!  Put it in their stomach, don't make them leap and tap dance.

Even the int to Anderson which some have said is "all" on Anderson - that ball was put about 4 yards in the wrong direction.  It shouldn't have been a pick - but it was a terrible pass regardless and got Anderson clobbered for no reason other than inaccuracy.

I hope Petty is good. I hope Hackenberg is good. People saying that they know for sure what QB is better are just speculating. Chances are pretty good that neither of them will be good enough.

A QB has to be tough and durable. Petty got hurt like 3 or 4 times last year. That is a big concern. He didn't play well last year, that is another big concern. He had twice as many INTs as TDs.

Looking good in the preseason is great, but that isn't the final grade. I feel like a lot of people are like Petty, Petty, Petty like they were cheering for Woody in Cheers as he went to fight the rich guy. When Woody got knocked out, all you could hear is rich guy rich guy rich guy cheers lol.

the point is when you get down to it , it really doesn't matter if hack or petty was named starter nor does it matter which guy is back up.  point one is if either petty or hack won the job the jets would be able to evaluate their qb for next season and beyond.  since they decided to pick mccown, we'll see some spotty qb play and have maybe a middling win total.  as for the back up role, given mccown's injury history, the back up will be seeing some action.

12 hours ago, Pcola said:

Petty threw for 250 yards, 3 TDs, and had it not been the 4th down try, would have accounted for 24 points, in less than 20 minutes.

Petty EARNED an opportunity.  The only thing Hack has going for him is the FO was dumb enough to use a 2nd pick on him.

This 100%

And I was one of the fans on the board who wanted Hack drafted!!

IMO in the Giants game Petty was the best QB on the field not named Manning and it wasn't close.  If it so easy then why didn't the Giant QBs look as good as Petty against our supposedly terrible second and third team players?

Is Petty Johnny U... No!

But does he deserve to be in the NFL as a Back-up?  I would say based on this preseason, yes he does.

We'll be hiring a new GM and Coach next January. The worm keeps turning and this franchise keeps failing. ON and On and ON it will go forever and ever. Sorry guys.

Same story. So many players prime years wasted on the team through the years with nothing to show for it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it's a conspiricy lol. Well maybe not such a joke. Petty was a fourth round pick and Hack was drafted as the heir apparent and they gave him every chance to take the starting spot or show life and it backfired and hack looks like he should be in street clothes. Petty on the other hand outplayed Mac's 2nd rounder and is making him look like a fool. I think there is a bit of politics in this. Mac seems determined and convinced that Hack will turn it around. Unfortunately for him I think Petty will outplay him all the way till next year when Hack is forced yet again to draft a QB and finally admit his huge mistake of 2016.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm pretty sure it's a conspiricy lol. Well maybe not such a joke. Petty was a fourth round pick and Hack was drafted as the heir apparent and they gave him every chance to take the starting spot or show life and it backfired and hack looks like he should be in street clothes. Petty on the other hand outplayed Mac's 2nd rounder and is making him look like a fool. I think there is a bit of politics in this. Mac seems determined and convinced that Hack will turn it around. Unfortunately for him I think Petty will outplay him all the way till next year when Hack is forced yet again to draft a QB and finally admit his huge mistake of 2016.

Sorry when MAC is making the pic...my bad.

On 8/29/2017 at 8:40 PM, Squirt said:

We'll be hiring a new GM and Coach next January. The worm keeps turning and this franchise keeps failing. ON and On and ON it will go forever and ever. Sorry guys.

Dont worry. Sam Darnold is coming, and he doesn't want to stop the wheel....he wants to BREAK the wheel.

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dont worry. Sam Darnold is coming, and he doesn't want to stop the wheel....he wants to BREAK the wheel.

Unfortunately, Darnold will be a Brown and the Jets will be the wheel. There won't even be "At least we're not the Browns" anymore

Archived