Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

The Jets will start 1 and 0

11 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Easy to tell you are waaaaay to emotionally invested in this team.  This team has a four win ceiling.  None of your "I think this... I hope that" matters.

Getting any pick at all for Forte, even a conditional 7th, is a win. 

You want to see how McCown manages an offense without weapons?  Why?!?!?  What difference does it make?

Do yourself a favor, recognize what this team is and watch accordingly.  In other words, basically a 16 game tryout for the younger guys.

I disagree because I want to win as many games as possible this season. 

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
29 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm just saying the Jets are more in your face as far as "tanking" -- cutting long time veterans who can still play serves what purpose? How does cutting Eric Decker and David Harris help this team? It unequivocally makes the team worse. It's just a cost cutting move in a year where the organization knows they'll be bad and likely wants to be bad. They clearly could have done better at QB if they'd been more aggressive. They didn't want to be. They wanted to tank.

The Bills have traded assets for draft picks. Smart rebuilding strategy (if the Jets had assets they could move, I suspect the would have done the same but they've drafted so poorly they don't have much of real value.) But they aren't dumping guys who can help them for nothing. They brought back Tyrod, Shady, Marcell Darius, etc. 

I stand by my statement -- the Bills are rebuilding but because their moves make sense and are defensible it's a quieter tank. The Jets are blatantly stripping the team of talent.

This theory goes out the window once McCown gets his 2nd win in the first few games this season.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You run an influential message board that follows the Jets, and the fans have been proven to impact decisions Woody Johnson makes.  SEE:  Poll that helped Rex Ryan keep his job an extra year. 

Yes, what we think impacts things, because Woody Johnson is stupid.  If we'd have properly tanked previously, we'd have a franchise QB by now. 

Woody Johnson is on another continent. We have Europe IP blocked until Glenn moved there lol.

As Ive been saying for a while, the Jets D is going to keep them in a lot of games, and even a sub par QB will be able to squeak out a few wins here and there.  I say the Jets D does enough during the year to get the team 5 wins. In my opinion, the worst possible scenario in week one is a win lead by a good game from McCown.  This will bury Petty and Hack on the bench for the first half of the year.

If finally getting the opportunity to draft a potential franchise QB is on the table, I'm all for winning as few games as possible in 2017.   All three of the Jets QB's are hot garbage, but it would make me feel better as a fan to watch Petty /Hack play sup par football instead of a washed up veteran who would have been out of the league if the Jets didn't sign him.  Call me crazy.

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This theory goes out the window once McCown gets his 2nd win in the first few games this season.

To be clear, what are you actually expecting from The Jets in the first five games? I'm curious how optimistic you really are here.

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

To be clear, what are you actually expecting from The Jets in the first five games? I'm curious how optimistic you really are here.

I originally thought 4 and 1. But that was when Decker was still here and before Quincy got hurt. Now I am thinking 3 and 2 is more realistic.

20 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

1-15 works too.

..as long as we get the first pick in the draft..  cool !

:rolleyes:

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true  New York Jets (0 wins)

Vegas over/under: 3.5

Wins: None.

Losses: at Bills, at Raiders, Dolphins, Jaguars, at Browns, Patriots, at Dolphins, Falcons, Bills, at Buccaneers, Panthers, Chiefs, at Broncos, at Saints, Chargers, at Patriots

Analysis: The difference between Josh McCown's 4.12 average in QB Tiers balloting and the Jets' average opponent tier (2.58) marks the largest QB deficit for any team. That assumes McCown will start all 16 games, which he has never done in a season previously. It's not looking like the Jets have an obviously better alternative, either.

rest of above article  : 

>   http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20592515/nfl-predicting-all-256-games-final-records-2017-season

On 8/29/2017 at 3:19 PM, joewilly12 said:

The Jets will be 4-1 going into week 5 with NE coming to MetLife. 

0-5.  They are awful. 

On 08/30/2017 at 11:06 AM, Rangers9 said:

I disagree because I want to win as many games as possible this season. 

"Rah Rah" Rangers9!   Enjoy the show?

There are at least 13 more like it coming your way...

10 hours ago, RoadFan said:

"Rah Rah" Rangers9!   Enjoy the show?

There are at least 13 more like it coming your way...

I'll take competitive games even if we lose some of them. I don't want to tank games to draft some unproven college kid. 

30 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'll take competitive games even if we lose some of them. I don't want to tank games to draft some unproven college kid. 

yesterday was not competitive. We are likely to be 15 point underdogs to Oakland. A big loss to Oakland and that competitive spirit starts going out the door.

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

yesterday was not competitive. We are likely to be 15 point underdogs to Oakland. A big loss to Oakland and that competitive spirit starts going out the door.

We were in the game until the 4th quarter and never really out of it. It was an away game and the Bills are not a bad team. Was it the result I wanted. No. But if you're rooting for us to tank it was a good day. I think the offense will pick up but we have a lot of new players including the Qb.  Our match up in Oakland isn't a good one. We are going to probably lose that one too. But our first home game we have a good chance to win it. I give McCown the first 4 games. If we lose all of them then I go to Petty. If the season is a disaster then give Hack a few starts in Dec. 

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

yesterday was competitive for this team. Wait till sunday in oakland if you want to see what a non-competitive game looks like. I think it will be ugly, upcoming game should be rated NC-17. 

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I don't get this narrative going around that the game was competitive. The Bills gave up 10 points on some bad plays, but they had control of the game the whole way and won 21-12. That's the Bills, not Oakland or Green bay or NE. it would have been 31-12 and considered an utter blowout otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We were in the game until the 4th quarter and never really out of it. It was an away game and the Bills are not a bad team. Was it the result I wanted. No. But if you're rooting for us to tank it was a good day. I think the offense will pick up but we have a lot of new players including the Qb.  Our match up in Oakland isn't a good one. We are going to probably lose that one too. But our first home game we have a good chance to win it. I give McCown the first 4 games. If we lose all of them then I go to Petty. If the season is a disaster then give Hack a few starts in Dec. 

We were "in the game" but we were not in control of the game at all, and very lucky to be down by what we were at all because the other team was bad as well. They DOUBLED us in yardage, first downs and had almost 8 minutes more TOP. That's not competitive.

On 8/30/2017 at 8:31 AM, Maxman said:

This is looking pretty unlikely at this point. I want to believe that we will surprise people next Sunday but even our good Jets teams have struggled on the Oakland trip.

This is looking pretty unlikely at this point. I want to believe that we will surprise people next Sunday but even our good Jets teams have struggled on the Oakland trip.

If the raiders go out drinking the day of the game and play their second stringers and cheerleaders we would have a small shot at beating them. They are a very good team we just lost to a bad team that played poorly.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Just a heads up. There are a few threads out there like this from me. There is one saying they will start 4 and 1.

So if you guys can bump them all after the Oakland loss, I will take Monday and Tuesday off next week and then we can move past this. :)

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Just a heads up. There are a few threads out there like this from me. There is one saying they will start 4 and 1.

So if you guys can bump them all after the Oakland loss, I will take Monday and Tuesday off next week and then we can move past this. :)

Your presence will always be welcomed in the tank-watch thread.

14 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

We look terrible 0-16 could be on.

The way they looked yesterday 0 and 16 would be a victory. I am not sure they are good enough to even get to 0. (Yes, that makes no sense, I know).