The Jets will start 1 and 0

Maxman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'll take competitive games even if we lose some of them. I don't want to tank games to draft some unproven college kid. 

yesterday was not competitive. We are likely to be 15 point underdogs to Oakland. A big loss to Oakland and that competitive spirit starts going out the door.

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

yesterday was not competitive. We are likely to be 15 point underdogs to Oakland. A big loss to Oakland and that competitive spirit starts going out the door.

We were in the game until the 4th quarter and never really out of it. It was an away game and the Bills are not a bad team. Was it the result I wanted. No. But if you're rooting for us to tank it was a good day. I think the offense will pick up but we have a lot of new players including the Qb.  Our match up in Oakland isn't a good one. We are going to probably lose that one too. But our first home game we have a good chance to win it. I give McCown the first 4 games. If we lose all of them then I go to Petty. If the season is a disaster then give Hack a few starts in Dec. 

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

yesterday was competitive for this team. Wait till sunday in oakland if you want to see what a non-competitive game looks like. I think it will be ugly, upcoming game should be rated NC-17. 

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I don't get this narrative going around that the game was competitive. The Bills gave up 10 points on some bad plays, but they had control of the game the whole way and won 21-12. That's the Bills, not Oakland or Green bay or NE. it would have been 31-12 and considered an utter blowout otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We were in the game until the 4th quarter and never really out of it. It was an away game and the Bills are not a bad team. Was it the result I wanted. No. But if you're rooting for us to tank it was a good day. I think the offense will pick up but we have a lot of new players including the Qb.  Our match up in Oakland isn't a good one. We are going to probably lose that one too. But our first home game we have a good chance to win it. I give McCown the first 4 games. If we lose all of them then I go to Petty. If the season is a disaster then give Hack a few starts in Dec. 

We were "in the game" but we were not in control of the game at all, and very lucky to be down by what we were at all because the other team was bad as well. They DOUBLED us in yardage, first downs and had almost 8 minutes more TOP. That's not competitive.

On 8/30/2017 at 8:31 AM, Maxman said:

This theory goes out the window once McCown gets his 2nd win in the first few games this season.

This is looking pretty unlikely at this point. I want to believe that we will surprise people next Sunday but even our good Jets teams have struggled on the Oakland trip.

This is looking pretty unlikely at this point. I want to believe that we will surprise people next Sunday but even our good Jets teams have struggled on the Oakland trip.

If the raiders go out drinking the day of the game and play their second stringers and cheerleaders we would have a small shot at beating them. They are a very good team we just lost to a bad team that played poorly.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Just a heads up. There are a few threads out there like this from me. There is one saying they will start 4 and 1.

So if you guys can bump them all after the Oakland loss, I will take Monday and Tuesday off next week and then we can move past this. :)

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Just a heads up. There are a few threads out there like this from me. There is one saying they will start 4 and 1.

So if you guys can bump them all after the Oakland loss, I will take Monday and Tuesday off next week and then we can move past this. :)

Your presence will always be welcomed in the tank-watch thread.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Embrace the suck, chief!

Just now, gEYno said:

Your presence will always be welcomed in the tank-watch thread.

Me Two Days Ago: IF I SEE PEOPLE ROOTING AGAINST THE JETS THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY.

Me After 0 - 4: Um, guys if we could stop rooting for the Jets to win that would be great. They are 0 and 4, McCown is on I.R., Petty played two games and is hurt and Hack looked terrible in relief. Please embrace your inner 0 and 16.  

:)

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The way they looked yesterday 0 and 16 would be a victory. I am not sure they are good enough to even get to 0. (Yes, that makes no sense, I know).

Max, your thoughts?

I wouuld rather see the Jets go down in flames TRYING to win the games by pressing the ball down the field being smart aggressive, and starting Petty (or Hack) even if we throw 4 interceptions and lose by 20, than play the type of pussy cop out offense we did yesterday with a veteran retread and lose by 9. No reason we can't try to put a competitive team out there and make the opponent actually react. Who knows, Petty may actually connect on a few bombs and all of a sudden we are facing 2 deep zone man under looks and the game becomes much simpler for Petty as well.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

We were "in the game" but we were not in control of the game at all, and very lucky to be down by what we were at all because the other team was bad as well. They DOUBLED us in yardage, first downs and had almost 8 minutes more TOP. That's not competitive.

You don't have to match stats. Buff had impressive O stats last year but had a bad record. You can lose in every stat category and win the game. I'[m not that optimistic after watching that game yesterday but It's only game one. In time of possession they were 33 to the Jets 27. they had 72 plays to our 55. And 23 first downs to our 11. http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400951567 Not good numbers for sure. Again it's not easy winning on the road to start the season. And it's a new offense and OC, new Qb, new receivers and tight ends. Some of these guys just got here a week ago. 

Archived