Jets Shopping Sheldon...Again

southtown24th

1 minute ago, nicg4360 said:

Maybe it's me but doesn't anyone else feel like if you show good effort your out type mentality... Richardson is having a great preseason TRADE HIM NOW. McDougle playing well through camp and the first couple games damn him trade him now!

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Well they've been trying to trade Sheldon for a while now, but this would also suggest they're trying to sell high on these guys, which isn't exactly a foreign concept.  In truth, no one (except Crusher) thought all that highly of McDougle until he became convenient to tack onto the list of things we hate the Jets for.  There's multiple reasons to consider trading Richardson.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure how credible this app is, but sounds like quite a bit of interest in Sheldon.

It would be nice if that's true, as multiple interests can help raise the value.  Of course, that might also speak to how much the Jets may have lowered their demands.

Just now, HessStation said:

They lost the day they signed Mo and SNacKs signed w the Giants. Richardson is the superior talent and SNacKs was the better player, leader, cheaper and actually helped fill a need. The Jets are just the worst 

I can agree with Mo and Snacks, but handing Richardson a big contract would be even dumber than either of those aforementioned moves.  It's not 2014 anymore, Richardson no longer qualifies for any definition of superiority.  Williams is already better than both of them.

17 minutes ago, HessStation said:

They lost the day they signed Mo and SNacKs signed w the Giants. Richardson is the superior talent and SNacKs was the better player, leader, cheaper and actually helped fill a need. The Jets are just the worst 

Snacks chose to sign with the Giants because he thought he would have a better shot at winning a championship . He wasn't wrong because the Giants have Eli and the Jets have nobody. They tried to trade Wilk, but wasn't willing to give him away for nothing just like with Richardson only Richardson just couldn't stay out of trouble . The jets are my team and when the roster is finalize, will get my full support . 

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Snacks chose to sign with the Giants because he thought he would have a better shot at winning a championship . He wasn't wrong because the Giants have Eli and the Jets have nobody. They tried to trade Wilk, but wasn't willing to give him away for nothing just like with Richardson only Richardson just couldn't stay out of trouble . The jets are my team and when the roster is finalize, will get my full support . 

I root for you. 

51 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I can agree with Mo and Snacks, but handing Richardson a big contract would be even dumber than either of those aforementioned moves.  It's not 2014 anymore, Richardson no longer qualifies for any definition of superiority.  Williams is already better than both of them.

We'll see. I'm not sure I consider Williams a slam dunk over Richardson. Williams looks incredible but Richardson has actual all pro talent too when in position  and in right mind. Both are better than Mo. 

26 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

MACCAGNAN (chugging antifreeze, actively beating himself about the head and face with a frying pan): daaaahhh a second round pick's not enough

JETS FANS: you tell em Bigg Macc

I'm hoping we can parlay that second round pick into another Devin Smith/Christian Hackenberg type player!

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Typical Jets incompetence, which started signing Mo over SNacKs. Now you have a bottleneck and have to try and get rid of your most talented DLinemem bc the other guy at the same position who's not as good and older makes too much money. All when you could of had the right pieces in place with Williams/Snacks/Richardson...

Bozo's as GM's do this type of work....

57 minutes ago, HessStation said:

....and some here think that this GM is doing a good job. His body of work is indefensible

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Guy was not trying, leg or no leg injury.

I'd sooner keep Sheldon, and cut Mo's ass at the end of the year.

Ten sacks min for a 17 million dollar per year contract. 

Yeah, Mo was tanking last year. I am sure part of his drop in production was due to an injury, but there were plays where you could see he put in zero effort. He would just engage with the OL and stand still very happy to not get hurt while collecting a big pay check. I am hopeful that when this team is good again, he can turn it back on. But I am not counting on that. Richardson, for all his stupidity, plays hard and is more naturally gifted than Mo. 

10 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

....and some here think that this GM is doing a good job. His body of work is indefensible

Bottom line when they picked Williams they had three high profile players for two spots.  They kept the worst one out of the 3 and in turn lost the best NT in football and now have to give away one of their very few all pro talents for next to nothing. 

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, there was one fleeting comment from Mike Petine about Wilk  taking some plays off at Temple.  Not the guy with the best track record when it comes to evaluating talent  

Every college DLineman motors it down during some plays.  The college came is an absolute animal. Some defenses are on the field for double the amount of snaps as NFL teams.

57 minutes ago, HessStation said:

We'll see. I'm not sure I consider Williams a slam dunk over Richardson. Williams looks incredible but Richardson has actual all pro talent too when in position  and in right mind. Both are better than Mo. 

Considering it's been about 2 and half years since the last time Richardson flashed that level of talent or been in somewhat of a right mind, I have lost every shred of faith in him.  He's far too big of a gamble to give any real contract to, so might as well let someone else do it.  They can do whatever they want with Mo for all I care, but no one is trading for him this year, so it's not even worth thinking about.  Richardson might have a higher "potential" but after the first couple of years that comes to mean very little.  These past two years, Williams was better on the field.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

If Dallas was offering a 2 last season, get 'em back to the table and say you'll take a 2 that becomes a 1 if Sheldon makes the pro bowl.  Hell, make that type of offer to anyone.  Even if somebody offers a 3, you ask that it becomes a 1 with pro bowl appearance or if he plays 80% or more of snaps and team makes post-season.

Macc: Give me a 2 for Richardson that becomes a one if...

Other Team: LOL

Macc: I'm serious!

Other Team: I'll give you two sixes and this overpaid vet we're gonna cut next week.

Macc: That's! What? That's! 

Other Team: <actually verbalizes the word "click">

Macc: WAIT I'LL TAKE IT!

To be fair to Mo, most of the team seemed to take off plays and not give a sh*t last season. But I do specifically remember seeing Mo do it. He never really did that before with us, so perhaps with the right coach, he wouldn't do it again.

So we needed a corner and decided to trade away Dexter who had a fine camp for a nobody. Our strongest unit on the team is the DL so we decide to trade away the 2nd best defender for maybe a 3rd if lucky and then we'll turn around a draft a corner with that third since we 'lost' a CB. Brilliant. That's how you rebuild! I mean it's not like we have Matthew Staffords contract to worry about. We do still have 60-80 mil in cap space next year. We draft a DRoY, and we want to trade him away Vilma style. Immature? Yes. But I'd rather have an immature guy with supreme talent as opposed to someone like Fitz, nice guy, but a sh*t player. 

Thats Mac. Has no idea what he's doing. In over his head. Unless we hit a jackpot somewhere along the line, be ready for another miserable year in 2018 as well under this Idzik 2.0. 

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

To be fair to Mo, most of the team seemed to take off plays and not give a sh*t last season. But I do specifically remember seeing Mo do it. He never really did that before with us, so perhaps with the right coach, he wouldn't do it again.

I've noticed that with him for several years now. He just sits there if he doesn't get a good initial push. Doesn't try hard enough for a 16 mil guy. 

52 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Considering it's been about 2 and half years since the last time Richardson flashed that level of talent or been in somewhat of a right mind, I have lost every shred of faith in him.  He's far too big of a gamble to give any real contract to, so might as well let someone else do it.  They can do whatever they want with Mo for all I care, but no one is trading for him this year, so it's not even worth thinking about.  Richardson might have a higher "potential" but after the first couple of years that comes to mean very little.  These past two years, Williams was better on the field.

Short sighted, he's been playing Out of position The last two years.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A little pumped up to watch people write volumes of words explaining how trading Sheldon for a four is #actually a masterstroke 

Amazing isn't it?  Some fans are so hell bent on destroying what little we have left on this team in the way of professional football players worthy of being on an NFL roster. 

36 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I've noticed that with him for several years now. He just sits there if he doesn't get a good initial push. Doesn't try hard enough for a 16 mil guy. 

I didn't notice that before last year, but fair enough. But I agree that 16 mil is too steep for him. Thanks, Sheldon.

Archived