Maxman

### Jets \ Eagles -- Preseason Week Four, Game Thread ###

Maybe Hack can do something here against the guys that just got out of college.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

At work but just by looking at the box stats, Elijah McGuire seems like he's having a fantastic game.  I loved that pick.  Anyone got a quick summary?

Just now, Apache 51 said:

Don't forget the guys who stopped bagging groceries for a couple months.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

At work but looking at the box stats Elijah McGuire seems like he's having a fantastic game.  I loved that pick?  Anyone got a quick summary?

he beasted a few long runs with huge holes.  Made most of his yardage on probably 3 plays i think.  After his longest run which put us down in the redzone I think they hung up his cleats for the night. 

Edited by JETSfaninNE

I thought the Jets were smart all of the pre-season not playing McCown (who is injury prone and 38). So I am surprised they played him tonight after naming him the starter. In a game for backups and third stringers and so he gets injured. But came back. As for an almost interception and pick 6 it doesn't count. And that's the bottom line. 

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Don't forget the guys who stopped bagging groceries for a couple months.

They have gotten further than most of us.

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

They have gotten further than most of us.

In what regard, I don't know. In their chosen profession, they're seasonal workers.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought the Jets were smart all of the pre-season not playing McCown (who is injury prone and 38). So I am surprised they played him tonight after naming him the starter in the 4th preseason game. A game for backups and third stringers and he so he gets injured. But came back. As for an almost interception and pick 6 it doesn't count. And that's the bottom line. 

Granted, boht the Jets and Philly Defense were playign their starters I think from what I gathered (I admittedly wasn't paying full attention but the whole starting Oline was in there with McCown)

4 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Say what you want but Hack looks better. I don't care who it is against. He looks more comfortable and more decisive.

5 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Here we go with the softball interview 

Nobody will ever say Mike Maccagnan lights up the room. But the bland nothingness demeanor of a perfect go along get along Woody Johnson employee, yes, he has that in spades. 

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

But does this offensive coordinator ever call a slant pass?...just wondering never saw one all pre season 

I believe I've seen a couple. IIRC Chad Hansen caught one this game.

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

But does this offensive coordinator ever call a slant pass?...just wondering never saw one all pre season 

Do the Saints do slant passes because that's the system that Morton comes from

11 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Say what you want but Hack looks better. I don't care who it is against. He looks more comfortable and more decisive.

How good could he have looked game 2 and 3, the blocking was minimal and they had no run game.  Today we at least got to see him throw.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I started watching twenty minutes ago. Is it true that Hackenberg looked like someone you shouldn't cut before that? Because that's not the case right now

He looked much better earlier. Can't cut him.