### Jets \ Eagles -- Preseason Week Four, Game Thread ###

Maxman

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ian Eagle raving about McCowns year where he had 13TD's superstar we have. 

You mean the year he only played in 8 games and only started 5 of them.  Yeah it was pretty good when you put context to it.  Of course who knows if we get that McCown, me personally in typical Jets fashion I believe he will have a Fitz like renaissance.  Also more stats for that year, he only threw  1 INT and he had a 66.5 completion %.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

You mean the year he only played in 8 games and only started 5 of them.  Yeah it was pretty good when you put context to it.  Of course who knows if we get that McCown, me personally in typical Jets fashion I believe he will have a Fitz like renaissance.

6 INT's in a single game? 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ian Eagle raving about McCowns year where he had 13TD's superstar we have. 

You do realize that it was 13 TD's to just 1 INT and he only started 5 games, right?  Actually, no...you probably don't.  Well, he did.

You do realize that it was 13 TD's to just 1 INT and he only started 5 games, right?  Actually, no...you probably don't.  Well, he did.

Dude has averaged .66 wins the past 3 years....at 38 if he peaks again maybe he gets us 2 wins....oh joy.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, nicg4360 said:

Dude has averaged .66 wins the past 3 years....at 38 if he peaks again maybe he gets us 2 wins....oh joy.

What does that have to do with a conversation about the number of TD's he threw?  That's what the broadcaster referenced, that's what JoeWilly was talking about, that's what I commented on.  I'm aware of the fact that he's a meh QB who has played on horrible teams.

Just now, nicg4360 said:

People were saying the same sh*t about Fitz when we got him.  People need to realize its football and crazy sh*t happens.  McCown was lights out in 2013 when he got the nod.  Bates also happened to be his QB coach that year.  We honestly have no idea how good this team will be with him under center since we haven't seen more than 12 plays with him under center the whole preseason.  Just set your expectations to have a sh*tty year or potentially be in a late wild card race that inevitably screws us over.  Its damn well possible and probably a little exciting but overall just the wrong thing to happen to this team and exactly why I have this gut feeling it happens.

People were saying the same sh*t about Fitz when we got him.  People need to realize its football and crazy sh*t happens.  McCown was lights out in 2013 when he got the nod.  Bates also happened to be his QB coach that year.  We honestly have no idea how good this team will be with him under center since we haven't seen more than 12 plays with him under center the whole preseason.  Just set your expectations to have a sh*tty year or potentially be in a late wild card race that inevitably screws us over.  Its damn well possible and probably a little exciting but overall just the wrong thing to happen to this team and exactly why I have this gut feeling it happens.

Sorry my bad.

Just now, nicg4360 said:

Sorry my bad.

Nah its nothing bad you said, you are 100% factually correct.  Its just the NFL and especially the Jets don't always operate on facts lol We've seen what McCown is capable of and that is what scares me.  Call it fitzsomnia or whatever but Fitz renaissance in 2015 scares the sh*t out of me for a repeat with McCown.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Game thread call it like I see it but ok lets watch another 3 and out. 

I'm not in love with the guy either. But there was a few flashes of improvement. That's all I can hope for right now. He is obviously not ready, but improvement is key.

2 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I'm not in love with the guy either. But there was a few flashes of improvement. That's I can hope for right now. He is obviously not ready but improvement is key.

Disagree and improvement based on what? Last years pre-season? This team needs a decent QB  not a needs improvement QB. 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

And he just wasted his one good call in the preseason.

Not a fan of the 3 runs either...  Up by 6, philly burning timeouts, at least go 20 yards and kick a FG.  I know its week 4 of preseason but a perfect opportunity to work on situational football and time management.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Not a fan of the 3 runs either...  Up by 6, philly burning timeouts, at least go 20 yards and kick a FG.  I know its week 4 of preseason but a perfect opportunity to work on situational football and time management.

I was thinking the same thing. Why not let Hack sling it?

My only thought is that perhaps they don't want to risk injuring him by dropping him back in the pocket, with both McCown and Petty being shaken up.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I was thinking the same thing. Why not let Hack sling it?

My only thought is that perhaps they don't want to risk injuring him by dropping him back in the pocket, with both McCown and Petty being shaken up.

Yeah I can see that.  Why take any more chances, probably just want to get out of game healthy at this point.

Archived