Maxman

### Jets \ Eagles -- Preseason Week Four, Game Thread ###

Just now, T0mShane said:

I started watching twenty minutes ago. Is it true that Hackenberg looked like someone you shouldn't cut before that? Because that's not the case right now

He almost resembled a NFL QB for 1 or 2 series. 

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Just now, legler82 said:

No pocket awareness.  He has no sense of where the rush is. 

This is a problem. Timing is a major issue with him overall

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I started watching twenty minutes ago. Is it true that Hackenberg looked like someone you shouldn't cut before that? Because that's not the case right now

no it's pretty bad actually, I keep falling asleep, but Philly is no better on offense.

There is no question Hack has looked world's better today than he did the last two games but no way is he better than Petty right now in my opinion.  

Indeed Hack looks more comfortable but he is NOT moving the team down the field as Petty has consistently done this preseason and the silly excuse that Petty was doing it against second stringers doesn't play tonight because Hack is also not moving the team against second teamers!!

But I wanted him drafted and think that Hack will get better.

Oh and by the way the defense looks comfortable and aggressive...

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Happy for Jones, always good to see the rookies making plays, everyone looked so excited for him on the sideline.

Yep. Too bad it wasn't an INT, though. But good play on the ball.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Indeed Hack looks more comfortable but he is NOT moving the team down the field as Petty has consistently done this preseason and the silly excuse that Petty was doing it against second stringers doesn't play tonight because Hack is also not moving the team against second teamers!!

But I wanted him drafted and think that Hack will get better.

Oh and by the way the defense looks comfortable and aggressive...

Agreed. Hack doesn't look great by any stretch of the imagination however looks light years better than the past two weeks. It's not such a surprise from a 22 year old 2nd round  qb. I'm willing to be patient, I've waited this long. There is no question Hack has looked world's better today than he did the last two games but no way is he better than Petty right now in my opinion.  Not ready to give up on  Hack just yet. He has too many skillls........size, strength, brains

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Those are attributes, not skills.

What Hack lacks are skills, i.e. pocket awareness, defense recognition, going through progressions, etc.

Defense recognition and going through progressions I feel he can get better at because he's shown those skills in college.  Pocket awareness, however, he just doesn't have it; I don't he ever will.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I have to admit, though, Hack throws away a damn good ball.

Sanchez and Geno could never do that.

I know. Geno is still learning that move.

You can't give up on Hack just yet...there are some series and plays where he plays very well, and makes some passes that let you know that something is inside that kid..he has talent.

Who knows if he ever puts it all together...the odds are long for sure.

But it's worth the risk over dumping him for the 53rd player on the roster who's likely an adequate ST player at best.