Sign in to follow this  
kmnj

another reason bowles should be fired

as if there was not enough reasons already to fire him-you really play your starting QB in the last preseason game when you did not play him in other games? I get it they are going to be a historically bad team but come on

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

He never McCown to be the week 1 starter until last week.  Everyone assumed he would since the signing but I think all parties knew that if HAck could show some promise then he would be it.  Most of us have been asking for HAckenberg to get out there and he gave him every opportunity to start.    

34 minutes ago, kmnj said:

as if there was not enough reasons already to fire him-you really play your starting QB in the last preseason game when you did not play him in other games? I get it they are going to be a historically bad team but come on

You mean because if McCown gets hurt, we'll have no chance at winning the super bowl?

7 minutes ago, thshadow said:

You mean because if McCown gets hurt, we'll have no chance at winning the super bowl?

no but you protect your starter no matter how bad he is-it is bush league putting him out there

Just now, kmnj said:

no but you protect your starter no matter how bad he is-it is bush league putting him out there

McCown, lol... who cares. 

From a football standpoint he has had no game reps, he needed them. He did not look much better than Hack. The new CBA has reduced the time these guys can practice, I have no problem with McCown being on the field. That being said, if we had a legit franchise QB I would have an issue with it.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Just like firing Bowles and hiring Harbaugh next year will probably give us the best chance to win?

Yes pls

On 9/1/2017 at 9:47 AM, kmnj said:

he put his starting OL in front of him against the other guys scrubs, and they still nailed him, because our OL is dismal

Josh McCown started the Jets' preseason finale on Thursday, playing two series.

Long tabbed for starting duties, McCown was held out all summer before some reason playing the first two series tonight. Teams almost never play their starting quarterback in the preseason finale. It was an extremely baffling decision, especially in the context of 38-year-old McCown's injury history. He was promptly injured on the second series before limping back in to finish the drive. It drove home the absurdity of the Jets' decision. The Jets are running their team like a club that wants to go 0-16. Of course, that actually is the goal, but Gang Green is being particularly flagrant about it. The Jets have the potential to be the worst offense of the modern era in 2017.

6 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

How about Bilal Powell playing into the 4th quarter

Smart move, he needed the work :wub:

Remember when REX had Mark in the Giants game and he got hurt.   Snoopy bowl was REXs Super Bowl.