Sheldon Traded

AFJF

So apparently this guy is an ESPN radio personality who works with John Clayton.  Says the Jets are acquiring WR Jermaine Kearse with multiple other reports saying Jets and Seahawks are working on a deal for Sheldon.  Would imagine it's Sheldon for Kearse and a mid-rounder.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Rather just get a higher pick

So, would I, but I doubt that would ever happen. We've been trying to trade him since last year and no one has bitten.

A mid round and a starting WR is probably around the best we'll get.

IMG_3828.jpg

After close to two years of on and off speculation regarding the Jets’ efforts to deal star defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson, Mike Maccagnan has finally pulled the trigger on a deal that will send the highly talented, yet equally polarizing defensive lineman to the Seahawks in exchange for a Jermaine Kearse and an undisclosed draft pick.

IMG_7494-300x279.jpg

Waving goodbye: Sheldon Richardson is finally on his way out of New York.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL network says that he expects the pick to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

The trade follows recent speculation that the Jets were once again actively trying to move Richardson after reportedly turning down a second round pick at the trade deadline last season from the Dallas Cowboys.

According to overthecap.com, the Jets will be saddled with $8 million in dead money as a result of the deal with zero savings.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
VhgITJgG0Uw

Click here to read the full story...

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

The great majority of NFL WRs would be instant starters here.  That's not a barometer for much.

Very true.

I just didn't have high hopes for any decent return for Sheldon. I woulda been happy with a 4th for a player who the whole league knows we don't want anymore and would've most certainly walked at the end of the season.

Archived