Sheldon Traded

AFJF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A #3 WR we'll shoehorn into being #1, woo.

Another 2nd, like Hack.  Woo.

We're the only team that gets worse with every deal we make these days.

Sheldon was a dick, and wouldn't resign, so I get it, but lol, we're bad, and this deal is bad (value wise).

I'm ready to join the fire Mac crowd now.

This post could not possibly make less sense.  I have no problem with the idea of Mac getting fired, but you're asserting the turning point is him trading away a guy who you yourself admit was a problem and on his way out the door?  I get you decided you want to join the angry mob, because we're all Jets fans after all, so why not be angry, but I think you just came up with the worst reason yet.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A #3 WR we'll shoehorn into being #1, woo.

Another 2nd, like Hack.  Woo.

We're the only team that gets worse with every deal we make these days.

Sheldon was a dick, and wouldn't resign, so I get it, but lol, we're bad, and this deal is bad (value wise).

I'm ready to join the fire Mac crowd now.

How is this deal bad value wise - what did you expect to get for a guy with 2 strikes against him in the NFL and an upcoming FA ???

50 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Kearse isn't a no. 1 receiver but he will be here. But I didn't think the Jets could get a player they can use and a second rounder. Sheldon could end up being a Pro Bowl player maybe. But not with us so not a bad deal for the Jets.

Kearse is not a 1 anywhere even here.

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

This post could not possibly make less sense.  I have no problem with the idea of Mac getting fired, but you're asserting the turning point is him trading away a guy who you yourself admit was a problem and on his way out the door?  I get you decided you want to join the angry mob, because we're all Jets fans after all, so why not be angry, but I think you just came up with the worst reason yet.

It's an example of total mismanagement.  A failure to manage our talent.

We lose a legit talent because we drafted what, like 14 D-linemen, and our staff mismanaged and made Sheldon unhappy.  

We get a #3 WR.  And a 2nd Round pick.....check out our history on those.

I get it, and agree, it's the best we could do....now.

We never should have got to this point.  And what we got (and likely will get with that 2nd) will assuredly be less than what Sheldon is, was, and should be.

You're right, this isn't the straw, it's just salt in the wounds.  And we'll be ok, because have 13 other 1st round D-linemen to fall back on.

Maybe, just maybe, we should have used one of the picks on a QB at some point.  I hear we're a bit sh*t at that spot, our great new #3 WR or not.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's an example of total mismanagement.  A failure to manage our talent.

We lose a legit talent because we drafted what, like 14 D-linemen, and our staff mismanaged and made Sheldon unhappy.  

We get a #3 WR.  And a 2nd Round pick.....check out our history on those.

I get it, and agree, it's the best we could do....now.

We never should have got to this point.  And what we got (and likely will get with that 2nd) will assuredly be less than what Sheldon is, was, and should be.

You're right, this isn't the straw, it's just salt in the wounds.  And we'll be ok, because have 13 other 1st round D-linemen to fall back on.

Maybe, just maybe, we should have used one of the picks on a QB at some point.  I hear we're a bit sh*t at that spot, our great new #3 WR or not.

IDK, your starting to fall in @T0mShane territory with this logic 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

He would have walked away for nothing after a 4 win season, lol, and we still have people complaining? I don't get this fan base, Sheldon Richardson is a bad influence on a rebuilding young team. He's a tremendous football player but a complete jerk! A guy like Belichick would probably have cut him after his 120 MPH fun ride, smoking weed with a 12 year old in the car.

Good riddance, we would have sucked with him or without him. Keep your eye on the prize Jet fans & that's a QB in the 2018 draft! Rudolph looked pretty f*cking good man! There's a few guys to watch this year & let's hope we get a shot at one of them. That 2nd could be huge.

it seems like the jets just can't win with this crowd.  shelly was gone after this serason regardless and the best they could've gotten was a compensatory pick.  now at least they got something.  he's a good fit for seattle.  they get for one season and he could put them over the top for a good playoff run.

2 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

just wondering, does sheldon's salary come off the books.  I thought I read somewhere we get no cap relief because there is 8 mil dead money.  Any of you cap people know?

All they owed him was the salary for this option year.  It was fully guaranteed so, if cut, it's true that they would have saved nothing, but given that it was a trade, Seattle takes on the full amount.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

All they owed him was the salary for this option year.  It was fully guaranteed so, if cut, it's true that they would have saved nothing, but given that it was a trade, Seattle takes on the full amount.

thanks.  do we know what kerce salary is? 

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it seems like the jets just can't win with this crowd.  shelly was gone after this serason regardless and the best they could've gotten  was a compensatory pick.  now at least they got something.  he's a good fit for seattle.  they get for one season and he could put them over the top for a good playoff run.

In a bad year, this forum will be overrun with the likes of tomshane and thadude. Anti jet trolls that will bash every single move this team makes. Get used to it. 

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

He was astute at the last point from the beginning.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

IMO they already have. Again IMO Kearse was thrown in because Richardson wouldn't re-do his deal, so the Jets took Kearse to give them cap relief. 

and it worked because the Jets WRs were so bad that they would have taken the guy the Seahawks cut this week.

Put Peake on the practice squad.

59 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I don't mind the paper towel false marketing, it's when they mess with toilet paper that it really hits home

We repainted our guest bathroom and I tried to buy coordinating ivory toilet paper but they don't make it anymore. 

SAR I

51 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it seems like the jets just can't win with this crowd.  shelly was gone after this serason regardless and the best they could've gotten was a compensatory pick.  now at least they got something.  he's a good fit for seattle.  they get for one season and he could put them over the top for a good playoff run.

Warfish has an excellent point. Any player with top NFL talent at his position on this roster should be handled properly, made to feel like he's a leader, and not made to feel like he's working for a low class organization with a head coach he doesn't believe in. 

Yes, we are in a spot now where losing him for a pick makes sense for our future. The fact that we got to this point is what no one seems to be discussing.  

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Kearse makes 2.2 for 2017. With incentives up to 1.4. If he stays in 2018 he gets 5 mil. So basically he'll probably only be here for a year. 

I've said this before, Kearse came to the Jets as a sweetener to the deal, not a sweetener for the Jets, but for Seattle.  It just so happens that the Jets can use him.  Probably as a #2.  This is a good deal for the Jets in a bad situation

It will be a good deal for the Seahawks if they win a Super Bowl.  Otherwise they  coughed up a 2nd rounder for a one year rental 

Archived