Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Sheldon Traded

As much as I hate to see superstar players leave the NY Jets this might actually turn out to be a good deal for us. 

Robbie Anderson is not a #1 WR and the WR corps basically sucked, adding Kearse changes all that hopefully we can add another decent WR as well and improve the offense. 

Good luck Sheldon Richardson. 

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

This thread is hysterical. From "Mac should be fired" to "Mac is a genius" in getting Kearse and a draft pick. 

He is by no means a genius as he could have got more if he had traded him earlier i think but getting what he got was okay and Richardson is going to look like a beat in Seattle

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Because, I don't think losing one of our best players at 26 is a good thing.

I'm glad we got the 2nd though.  I'm hoping we can improve upon Devin Smith/Christian Hackenberg.

We'll use it to draft Darnold some weapons. No worries. 

There are like 3 threads on this.  
I don't mind it as long as that 2nd comes through.

Looks like we get Kearse, a 2nd and a 7th from SEA and they get Sheldon and our 7th!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Kearse must be thrilled.

Kearse, I have small hope for him to do much here.

Just now, Beerfish said:

He is by no means a genius as he could have got more if he had traded him earlier i think but getting what he got was okay and Richardson is going to look like a beat in Seattle

He wanted a one from Dallas for him, so what he got didn't really decrease that much

I never thought we could get a #2, thinking we'd be lucky to get a 3 and settle for a 4.  This is a great deal.  Kearse is a throw in but quickly becomes our best WR.  Finally a deal we can like.  Sheldon could eventually turn into the monster he should have been here but it's irrelevant, we needed to move him and his locker room presence..  

According to overthecap.com, the Jets will be saddled with $8 million in dead money as a result of the deal with zero savings.

Add $5 million for Ryan Fitzpatrick 

$13 million dead money 

Mike Maccagnan is a bad GM 

jets always find a way to get worse not better

a simple question does this make us better or worse? answer is worse and it is not close

Woody should return my psl funds-he is not committed to winning or putting the best team on the field

It is shocking how this team is getting rid of every ounce of talent on the roster-our gm has turned this into maybe the worst team that will ever step on a NFL field

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

@Pac So, did we just swap practically a sixth round pick for practically an 8th round pick?

Great that we got the 2nd though.  Kearse is irrelevant.

Will be rooting against Seattle this year!

Not necessarily. Has experience in WCO from his college days;

Kearse is a second-round talent, but he has been the beneficiary of many receptions in a West Coast offense over the years where he has been the go-to 'Z' receiver who sits in many of the zones waiting for a look in route progression.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jermaine-kearse?id=2532887     http://www.

Where are the boo-hoo'ers yapping about how dumb Seattle is since they already have, you know, Bennett and Avril? 

1 minute ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

You guys are gonna love that second rounder when it's packaged with our 3rd overall pick to move up to number 1...lol

and then we select a safety

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Not necessarily;

Kearse is a second-round talent, has been the beneficiary of many receptions in West Coast Offense

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jermaine-kearse?id=2532887     http://www.

He's going into his 6th season, I'm not sure what interest there is in his draft profile.

He's an average at best #2 WR, that was on his way out of a good football team.  He'll certainly improve upon his stats this year, by necessity of course, but this is not a player that makes a difference like Sheldon has the ability to.

Again, hopefully we turn this 2nd round pick into something more than Devin Smith/Christian Hackenberg...

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

According to overthecap.com, the Jets will be saddled with $8 million in dead money as a result of the deal with zero savings.

$13 million dead money 

dead money this year or next?

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

$13 million dead money 

What big contract were you bringing in this year where this hampers us? 

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

He's going into his 6th season, I'm not sure what interest there is in his draft profile.

He's an average at best #2 WR, that was on his way out of a good football team.  He'll certainly improve upon his stats this year, by necessity of course, but this is not a player that makes a difference like Sheldon has the ability to.

Again, hopefully we turn this 2nd round pick into something more than Devin Smith/Christian Hackenberg...

Experience in WCO