Sheldon Traded

AFJF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Not necessarily;

Kearse is a second-round talent, has been the beneficiary of many receptions in West Coast Offense

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jermaine-kearse?id=2532887     http://www.

He's going into his 6th season, I'm not sure what interest there is in his draft profile.

He's an average at best #2 WR, that was on his way out of a good football team.  He'll certainly improve upon his stats this year, by necessity of course, but this is not a player that makes a difference like Sheldon has the ability to.

Again, hopefully we turn this 2nd round pick into something more than Devin Smith/Christian Hackenberg...

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

According to overthecap.com, the Jets will be saddled with $8 million in dead money as a result of the deal with zero savings.

Add $5 million for Ryan Fitzpatrick 

$13 million dead money 

Mike Maccagnan is a bad GM 

dead money this year or next?

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

According to overthecap.com, the Jets will be saddled with $8 million in dead money as a result of the deal with zero savings.

$13 million dead money 

What big contract were you bringing in this year where this hampers us? 

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

He's going into his 6th season, I'm not sure what interest there is in his draft profile.

He's an average at best #2 WR, that was on his way out of a good football team.  He'll certainly improve upon his stats this year, by necessity of course, but this is not a player that makes a difference like Sheldon has the ability to.

Again, hopefully we turn this 2nd round pick into something more than Devin Smith/Christian Hackenberg...

Experience in WCO

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

$13 million dead money 

You mean the money we were going to pay Sheldon to backup Wilkerson, or to play Olb. Now we get an extra 2nd which could give us a good player on a cheap rookie contract. 

Now compare our dead cap space to the rest of the league. 

I'm not saying that Mac is a good GM just that you are really reaching here and it kind of crushes your credibility. 

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You mean the money we were going to pay Sheldon to backup Wilkerson, or to play Olb. Now we get an extra 2nd which could give us a good player on a cheap rookie contract. 

I'm not saying that Mac is a good GM just that you are really reaching here and it kind of crushes your credibility. 

agreed and good points.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is by no means a genius as he could have got more if he had traded him earlier i think but getting what he got was okay and Richardson is going to look like a beat in Seattle

We've been trying to trade him since last year, but no one has bitten. This is probably the best we could've hoped for.

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

The fact that we such a bad team and we are $13 million in dead cap space is all I'm talking about. 

I don't care about credibility. 

12 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jets always find a way to get worse not better

a simple question does this make us better or worse? answer is worse and it is not close

Woody should return my psl funds-he is not committed to winning or putting the best team on the field

It is shocking how this team is getting rid of every ounce of talent on the roster-our gm has turned this into maybe the worst team that will ever step on a NFL field

Would it be better if they kept him and he walked for free next year.

13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jets always find a way to get worse not better

a simple question does this make us better or worse? answer is worse and it is not close

Woody should return my psl funds-he is not committed to winning or putting the best team on the field

It is shocking how this team is getting rid of every ounce of talent on the roster-our gm has turned this into maybe the worst team that will ever step on a NFL field

You need to be able to look beyond this season.

Archived