Sheldon Traded

AFJF

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And therein lies the dilemma. He is easily a 1st round talent, but he comes with baggage that drops his value. I think some people are forgetting that.

He's a night of bad decisions away from an 8 game suspension. This is about the best return you could expect for him. Knock Maccagnan for his legion of failures, but this was as good a move as could be made. 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The fact that we such a bad team and we are $13 million in dead cap space is all I'm talking about. 

I don't care about credibility. 

Being a bad team is why we are in the red. 

We just cleaned house. Next year we'll have a ton of space and no more dead money. 

What we do with it is the big question. Who gets to spend that money is the next question. 

If McCown loses us a high draft pick and Mac starts contract negotiations Woody better fly his ass back home to fire him in person. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

We need extra 2nd rounders so we can add to our trade up capital for next year in case we screw up the tank job.

The problem is, if we screw up the tank, I don't think the teams ahead of us will be interested in moving.  You think the Bills or Jags or 49ers are giving up the pick?

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

According to overthecap.com, the Jets will be saddled with $8 million in dead money as a result of the deal with zero savings.

Add $5 million for Ryan Fitzpatrick 

$13 million dead money 

Mike Maccagnan is a bad GM 

That's not how it works. 

Seattle picked up Richardson's contract with the trade, the Jets pick up Kearse's. The net result is $5.8M in cap savings for the Jets. 

He would have walked away for nothing after a 4 win season, lol, and we still have people complaining? I don't get this fan base, Sheldon Richardson is a bad influence on a rebuilding young team. He's a tremendous football player but a complete jerk! A guy like Belichick would probably have cut him after his 120 MPH fun ride, smoking weed with a 12 year old in the car.

Good riddance, we would have sucked with him or without him. Keep your eye on the prize Jet fans & that's a QB in the 2018 draft! Rudolph looked pretty f*cking good man! There's a few guys to watch this year & let's hope we get a shot at one of them. That 2nd could be huge.

This was a great trade. 

We were never keeping Richardson after this year, Mac just turned a would be free agent who we may or may not have got a (third round at best) comp pick for into a second rounder.

AND a WR who might help us.

This is a winner, I never thought something like this could be pulled off. 

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

The problem is, if we screw up the tank, I don't think the teams ahead of us will be interested in moving.  You think the Bills or Jags or 49ers are giving up the pick?

It's impossible to screw up the tank. If Woody is all for it (which none of these clean house moves on the roster would have been done if he wasn't) then it WILL happen. He will fire Bowles and hire Kotite for the season if we win more than 2 games.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We need extra 2nd rounders so we can add to our trade up capital for next year in case we screw up the tank job.

and if we don't screw it up we need the extra picks to give our franchise guy someone to throw the ball to and someone to run the ball...and an offensive line...maybe a tight end...we have anyone else worth a pick?

Just now, bealeb319 said:

and if we don't screw it up we need the extra picks to give our franchise guy someone to throw the ball to and someone to run the ball...and an offensive line...maybe a tight end...we have anyone else worth a pick?

Next year's class is incredibly deep, not just at QB. If we don't screw up the tank, we have a chance to rectify the Idzik 12.

2 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

It's impossible to screw up the tank. If Woody is all for it (which none of these clean house moves on the roster would have been done if he wasn't) then it WILL happen. He will fire Bowles and hire Kotite for the season if we win more than 2 games.

I is certainly not impossible to screw up the tank. Go back and watch the last 3 games from 2014. 

You never heard NY jets select Marcus Marioto did you? 

Just now, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet  

Sheldon Richardson had opportunities to be traded previously, but would not redo his contract. Now, he gets full $8M & play in #Seahawks D.

I really think that the reason why Jermaine Kearse was in the deal was $$$ for Seattle (plus our obvious need for an experienced WR).  By taking Kearse in addition to the 2 -- it cleared $2MM cap space for Seattle so there was no need for Sheldon to redo his contract.  Deal makes sense for both sides.

I wish people could look at this trade in a vacuum instead of being a deal Mac made.

People are so far in their corner of either liking Mac or hating his guts that it's skewing their viewpoint... This happens with everything in life. Sports, politics... We paint ourselves so far into a corner with a viewpoint that we defend it to the death before we'll let ourselves view it rationally.

Anyway. Pretty good deal I would say. I give it a B+. 

Archived