Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Sheldon Traded

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

According to overthecap.com, the Jets will be saddled with $8 million in dead money as a result of the deal with zero savings.

Add $5 million for Ryan Fitzpatrick 

$13 million dead money 

Mike Maccagnan is a bad GM 

You mean the money we were going to pay Sheldon to backup Wilkerson, or to play Olb. Now we get an extra 2nd which could give us a good player on a cheap rookie contract. 

Now compare our dead cap space to the rest of the league. 

I'm not saying that Mac is a good GM just that you are really reaching here and it kind of crushes your credibility. 

Just now, gEYno said:

Seems like we could have just kept Jeremy Kerley.

We didn't run the WCO when he was here. He's been gone a year now you know. 

Just now, Jet9 said:

I am aware.  I'm also aware that we just got a taller, but worse version of him.

11 minutes ago, Stark said:

How many more Sheldon traded threads will we get lol

more than the # of sacks he had last yr...

He will do well in Seattle tho..Good fit + contract yr

Better than I expected they'd get in return for him.

Hopefully some of those picks next year are invested in the OL so the new franchise QB doesn't get killed before the midway point of the season.

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You mean the money we were going to pay Sheldon to backup Wilkerson, or to play Olb. Now we get an extra 2nd which could give us a good player on a cheap rookie contract. 

I'm not saying that Mac is a good GM just that you are really reaching here and it kind of crushes your credibility. 

agreed and good points.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is by no means a genius as he could have got more if he had traded him earlier i think but getting what he got was okay and Richardson is going to look like a beat in Seattle

We've been trying to trade him since last year, but no one has bitten. This is probably the best we could've hoped for.

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

The fact that we such a bad team and we are $13 million in dead cap space is all I'm talking about. 

I don't care about credibility. 

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

minor details...he still doesn't get it either

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

I am aware.  I'm also aware that we just got a taller, but worse version of him.

K. The Kerly comment is still way off, but ok. 

12 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jets always find a way to get worse not better

a simple question does this make us better or worse? answer is worse and it is not close

Woody should return my psl funds-he is not committed to winning or putting the best team on the field

It is shocking how this team is getting rid of every ounce of talent on the roster-our gm has turned this into maybe the worst team that will ever step on a NFL field

Would it be better if they kept him and he walked for free next year.

13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jets always find a way to get worse not better

a simple question does this make us better or worse? answer is worse and it is not close

Woody should return my psl funds-he is not committed to winning or putting the best team on the field

It is shocking how this team is getting rid of every ounce of talent on the roster-our gm has turned this into maybe the worst team that will ever step on a NFL field

You need to be able to look beyond this season.

Just now, Lego My Lageman said:

The only bad part of the deal is every 2nd rounder we've every taken is terrible minus Harris.

So we should basically forfeit our second round pick every year and not even pick anybody. OK

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And therein lies the dilemma. He is easily a 1st round talent, but he comes with baggage that drops his value. I think some people are forgetting that.

He's a night of bad decisions away from an 8 game suspension. This is about the best return you could expect for him. Knock Maccagnan for his legion of failures, but this was as good a move as could be made. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The fact that we such a bad team and we are $13 million in dead cap space is all I'm talking about. 

I don't care about credibility. 

Being a bad team is why we are in the red. 

We just cleaned house. Next year we'll have a ton of space and no more dead money. 

What we do with it is the big question. Who gets to spend that money is the next question. 

If McCown loses us a high draft pick and Mac starts contract negotiations Woody better fly his ass back home to fire him in person.