Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Sheldon Traded

Recommended Posts

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So we should basically forfeit our second round pick every year and not even pick anybody. OK

we could use it to move up in the first or down into the 3rd and 4th maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

We need extra 2nd rounders so we can add to our trade up capital for next year in case we screw up the tank job.

The problem is, if we screw up the tank, I don't think the teams ahead of us will be interested in moving.  You think the Bills or Jags or 49ers are giving up the pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gEYno said:

The problem is, if we screw up the tank, I don't think the teams ahead of us will be interested in moving.  You think the Bills or Jags or 49ers are giving up the pick?

The Ricky Williams trade proved any price is possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a great trade. 

We were never keeping Richardson after this year, Mac just turned a would be free agent who we may or may not have got a (third round at best) comp pick for into a second rounder.

AND a WR who might help us.

This is a winner, I never thought something like this could be pulled off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gEYno said:

The problem is, if we screw up the tank, I don't think the teams ahead of us will be interested in moving.  You think the Bills or Jags or 49ers are giving up the pick?

It's impossible to screw up the tank. If Woody is all for it (which none of these clean house moves on the roster would have been done if he wasn't) then it WILL happen. He will fire Bowles and hire Kotite for the season if we win more than 2 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We need extra 2nd rounders so we can add to our trade up capital for next year in case we screw up the tank job.

and if we don't screw it up we need the extra picks to give our franchise guy someone to throw the ball to and someone to run the ball...and an offensive line...maybe a tight end...we have anyone else worth a pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bealeb319 said:

and if we don't screw it up we need the extra picks to give our franchise guy someone to throw the ball to and someone to run the ball...and an offensive line...maybe a tight end...we have anyone else worth a pick?

Next year's class is incredibly deep, not just at QB. If we don't screw up the tank, we have a chance to rectify the Idzik 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet  

Sheldon Richardson had opportunities to be traded previously, but would not redo his contract. Now, he gets full $8M & play in #Seahawks D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

It's impossible to screw up the tank. If Woody is all for it (which none of these clean house moves on the roster would have been done if he wasn't) then it WILL happen. He will fire Bowles and hire Kotite for the season if we win more than 2 games.

I is certainly not impossible to screw up the tank. Go back and watch the last 3 games from 2014. 

You never heard NY jets select Marcus Marioto did you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet  

Sheldon Richardson had opportunities to be traded previously, but would not redo his contract. Now, he gets full $8M & play in #Seahawks D.

I really think that the reason why Jermaine Kearse was in the deal was $$$ for Seattle (plus our obvious need for an experienced WR).  By taking Kearse in addition to the 2 -- it cleared $2MM cap space for Seattle so there was no need for Sheldon to redo his contract.  Deal makes sense for both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish people could look at this trade in a vacuum instead of being a deal Mac made.

People are so far in their corner of either liking Mac or hating his guts that it's skewing their viewpoint... This happens with everything in life. Sports, politics... We paint ourselves so far into a corner with a viewpoint that we defend it to the death before we'll let ourselves view it rationally.

Anyway. Pretty good deal I would say. I give it a B+. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DMan77 said:

I wish people could look at this trade in a vacuum instead of being a deal Mac made.

People are so far in their corner of either liking Mac or hating his guts that it's skewing their viewpoint... This happens with everything in life. Sports, politics... We paint ourselves so far into a corner with a viewpoint that we defend it to the death before we'll let ourselves view it rationally.

Anyway. Pretty good deal I would say. I give it a B+. 

I think Macc did a good job getting a 2nd rounder plus an average player.  I also don't like the deal because I think Richardson is a good (and still young) football player, and this team has very few good football players (you can count them on one hand).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets have an Extra 5th this year as well, correct?  From Dallas?

If so, 9 picks and more salary cap room than they can probably spend is at least the proper way to start a rebuild. Even if it's 3 years after  they should have done it to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×