Darnold, Allen, Rosen

Titan24

19 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Stidham can be very good but will be hurt by playing against a tough SEC schedule . Another guy to keep an eye on is Tanner Lee for Nebraska.

I do respect Tanner Lee's game. He has a chance to be the wildcard who's not on the radar yet

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Stidham can be very good but will be hurt by playing against a tough SEC schedule . Another guy to keep an eye on is Tanner Lee for Nebraska.

I see the opposite with Stidham, playing in the SEC will sky rocket his stock if he plays well, he won't even have to play lights out to get the attention of the NFL, but if he does play lights out he might jump everyone for that number 1 spot.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Remove Rosen he is a douche loser who won't get drafted round 1, and a MUST add that most of you haven't heard of, but might be top 5'pick next year is 

Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham

13:55 "...Jarrett Stidham got some accuracy. He got some [ball] placement. He got some touch. That's quarterback ass whoop right there...Damn"

11 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Lamar Jackson = Potential NFL Pro Bowl WR <> Jarrett Stidham = Potential NFL Pro Bowl QB

I agree but that's not what I heard from many less than a year ago. Bottom line Stidham has the potential to be very good, but remember he played in the same system that had Bryce Petty producing prolific numbers at Baylor. He'll be taking a major step up in competition this season, let's see how he handles that.  Some of this years schedule for Auburn(Clemson, Georgia, Bama, LSU, OleMiss , A&M) Sure the Big12  has ( Texas Tech, Okl, Okl St, TCU and Texas) but none of those teams play SEC style defense.  

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

I agree but that's not what I heard from many less than a year ago. Bottom line Stidham has the potential to be very good, but remember he played in the same system that had Bryce Petty producing prolific numbers at Baylor. He'll be taking a major step up in competition this season, let's see how he handles that.  Some of this years schedule for Auburn(Clemson, Georgia, Bama, LSU, OleMiss , A&M) Sure the Big12  has ( Texas Tech, Okl, Okl St, TCU and Texas) but none of those teams play SEC style defense.  

He'll also be playing in a SEC style offense coached by SEC coaches along side SEC RBs, WRs, TEs and OL in a SEC stadium.

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

Who is the darkhorse 8th ranked QB right now?

We should watch HIM, because Macc is smarter than everyone else and will pick this future HOF'er fo sho.

With that great new 2nd round pick we have.  1st round is for D-Ends and Safeties, the positions that really matter in this league.

Tell steeler fans that TP or raven fans that ER doesnt matter. silly comment.

39 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Terrell Pryor and Logan Thomas were drafted as QBs too until they came to their senses.

Sounds like you've never watched Lamar Jackson if you're comparing him to those guys. So they're African-american and athletic - all the same to you?  Logan Thomas was a TE all through High School and in fact only played QB because VT made him. Pryor was never much of a passer. Even in College. The latter 2 are like 6-5 and 230+

They are not alike at all. Lamar Jackson is not a WR/TE

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Sounds like you've never watched Lamar Jackson if you're comparing him to those guys. So they're African-american and athletic - all the same to you?  Logan Thomas TE all through High School and in fact only played QB because VT made him. Pryor was never much of a passer. Even in College. The latter 2 are like 6-5 and 230+

They are not alike at all. Lamar Jackson is not a WR/TE

I watched plenty of Lamar Jackson to know he is not an NFL QB.

Patrick Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Josh Allen, and this stupid Jets coaching staff if still here will take Allen over all these other QB's IMO because Allen is running a west coast style offensive system, if the Jets get the 1st pick, and take Allen they are done for another 10 years of sh*t football!

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I disagree, but you're not alone in questioning his transition. Comparing him to guys like Pryor is flat out lazy though. 

Not lazy at all.  He's a better passer than Pryor, probably not as good as Thomas by the time he was finished but Jackson still has college eligibility to improve.  I wasn't comparing their size or college careers; you did that.  I was just referring to their NFL fates.  He can be back-up fringe NFL QB or a potential high level offensive skill player; his choice.  

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

first time watching Allen. Impressed by size, arm, and mobility...but not much else. He seems to be holding the ball way too long.

3 turnovers by Iowa, and 3 points scored by Wyoming as a team.

This. 

I like Allen, but he's not in the same conversation as Darnold and Rosen... Allen has had bad first half today. 

Just now, Paradis said:

This. 

I like Allen, but he's not in the same conversation as Darnold and Rosen... Allen has had bad first half today. 

It's going to be a long year for this guy if the team around him as bad as it seems. One thing i will say is that looks like Iowa is running away with it, so maybe we will see him air it out in the second half.

Just now, k-met57 said:

It's going to be a long year for this guy if the team around him as bad as it seems. One thing i will say is that looks like Iowa is running away with it, so maybe we will see him air it out in the second half.

can't be worse than the first half. They didn't test that Iowa secondary once... i need to see what's happening downfield - can't tell if WRs aren't getting open, or whether Allen's getting skiddish

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Rosen isn't in the same class as Darnold either!  Only guy even close is possibly Stidham.

Rosen is best QB from a mechanics standpoint since Manning... the rest. well, we'll see.

Falk needs to be in this conversation. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Rosen is best QB from a mechanics standpoint since Manning... the rest. well, we'll see.

Same was said about Mark Sanchez how did that work out?

Rosen was TERRIBLE last year!

And that's not counting the fact he is a locker room cancer.

Falk I need to watch more of so I can't give my opinion, hopefully your right the more talented QB's in this draft the better, also need to give Mason Rudolph more look.

Lamar Jackson is a huge wild card pro scouts are really starting to leak out info that they are liking what they see from him, and that he will be a top 5 pick, but I don't see it he has a lot to work on IMO before being Mike Vick 2.0.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Same was said about Mark Sanchez how did that work out?

Rosen was TERRIBLE last year!

And that's not counting the fact he is a locker room cancer.

Falk I need to watch more of so I can't give my opinion, hopefully your right the more talented QB's in this draft the better, also need to give Mason Rudolph more look.

Lamar Jackson is a huge wild card pro scouts are really starting to leak out info that they are liking what they see from him, and that he will be a top 5 pick, but I don't see it he has a lot to work on IMO before being Mike Vick 2.0.

Jackson is more like RG3 then Vick. Vick was more like CJ2K at QB. I just don't see a guy like Jackson do well in the NFL at QB...

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Allen has made a few bad decisions trying to do to much on the scramble, but you can see the talent.

The Wyoming supporting cast is pretty poor.

Agree, but Allen is lost out there right now. Not even trying to push the ball. He's lost composure which is exactly what my biggest concern is with that guy.

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Falk's mechanics, play style and overall movements on the field very much resembles Brady.  So he compares to someone who is arguably the greatest of all time but was also a 6th round draft pick.

Archived