Darnold, Allen, Rosen

Titan24

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

CollegeFootball 24/7 (@NFL_CFB)

9/2/17, 3:01 PM

Josh Allen in 2 career games vs. Power 5 teams (Nebraska, 2016; Iowa today): 39 of 72 (54 percent), 1 TD, 7 INTs.

Although his WR dropped a sure TD. 

The question becomes is this because of him or his supporting cast, or a combo of both?

Darnold/Rosen are the clear top two picks for QB at least as of right now.

Allen is a step below. I haven't seen Stigham but I feel the the same would apply. Folk, Jackson and the Okie State QB as well.

Alternative scenario: Kirk Cousins becomes a free agent after this season. Would it be worth paying him big and instead using the Jets' (presumably) favorable draft position to find young talent at other positions? It's not like they don't have holes everywhere.

Darnold/Rosen are the clear top two picks for QB at least as of right now.
Allen is a step below. I haven't seen Stigham but I feel the the same would apply. Folk, Jackson and the Okie State QB as well.
Alternative scenario: Kirk Cousins becomes a free agent after this season. Would it be worth paying him big and instead using the Jets' (presumably) favorable draft position to find young talent at other positions? It's not like they don't have holes everywhere.

I have always like cousins ... he's a lot like Kenny O'brien but more elusive in he pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

After watching a full weekend of football it may be time to go after Jimmy G (kidding). But seriously...i know the supporting cast in UCLA and Wyoming blows but its not like we have Andre Johnson and Dez Bryant at receiver. None of the QB’s looked capable of lifting a franchise based on week 1.

The 4 names that stood out...

Rudolph

Falk

Lee

Mayfield

Can anyone give a review of Rosen from last night (I didnt watch the second half comeback).

I watched the highlights and have read that he was "on fire, etc" however the highlights show that he threw 2 VERY interceptable passes that happen to be TDs.  Did he look great otherwise?  Just curious how he actually played.

As an aside, I really like Luke Falk, as we have seen with Hack you can't teach accuracy and Falk has that plus the work ethic/character to be a team leader.

On 9/3/2017 at 8:22 PM, Titan24 said:

Still like Josh Allen....call me crazy.   No help vs Iowa.... look at Rosen vs A&M.  No chance.  Guarantee put Allen on UCLA he makes more plays tonight

Btw Kevin Sumlin great coach.........

Allen needs to have a season of a very high completion percentage for me. He is just too much like Jack Locker when it comes to his %. Completion % is one thing that doesn't tend to get better from College to NFL. He also doesn't look like he has the "it" factor, seemed lost, rattled and had no confidence. Didn't look like a guy that would take over a game, not a trait you don't want to have. 

Rosen was much more impressive from that standpoint to me than Allen. Put Allen on UCLA and what, they don't come back? Maybe they do, but I hate that argument, put "so and so" on this team and judge them. No, sorry, I will judge them for where they are playing and what they appear to be doing or not doing. I allow for the different levels of players skills (weak teams vs strong teams)still didn't like what I saw from Allen. 

On 9/2/2017 at 1:28 PM, Lupz27 said:

Same was said about Mark Sanchez how did that work out?

Rosen was TERRIBLE last year!

And that's not counting the fact he is a locker room cancer.

Falk I need to watch more of so I can't give my opinion, hopefully your right the more talented QB's in this draft the better, also need to give Mason Rudolph more look.

Lamar Jackson is a huge wild card pro scouts are really starting to leak out info that they are liking what they see from him, and that he will be a top 5 pick, but I don't see it he has a lot to work on IMO before being Mike Vick 2.0.

Terrible? He only played 6 games before he was injured 59.3% for 1915 yards with 10 TD and 5 Int (3 were in the first game). How is that Terrible?

Locker Room Cancer? He's the F'n QB! All of the great QBs are dickheads -- with the exception of Peyton (who would have won more SBs if he wasn't such a nice guy). And I didn't notice any of Rosen's teammates giving up on him when UCLA was being blown out by A&M.  BTW, the Jets won their only Superbowl with a locker room cancer under center.

I saw something about UCLA's comeback and watched a relay of the game, saw the 2nd half

I like Rosens delivery, but don't love it.  I was taught the namath/manning delivery of throwing from your ear. don't get why so many of these college QB's make the first motion going DOWN.   so stupid

Rosen also didn't step into his throws. reminded me of a girl playing softball to be honest, wide stance and no step

this is a very small sample, but something I will watch when I can

otherwise liked his touch and timing overall

touch is very under rated

On 9/3/2017 at 6:22 PM, Titan24 said:

Still like Josh Allen....call me crazy.   No help vs Iowa.... look at Rosen vs A&M.  No chance.  Guarantee put Allen on UCLA he makes more plays tonight

Btw Kevin Sumlin great coach.........

I'm gonna say it, if Allen was down 44-10, everything else being the same, there's no way he brings the team back the way Rosen did. Don't care about dropped INTs. That's every QB ever when they have to throw it 30 times in a quarter playing 30+ behind. 

No way Allen pulls out that W... that's the difference between the two.

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm gonna say it, if Allen was down 44-10, everything else being the same, there's no way he brings the team back the way Rosen did. Don't care about dropped INTs. That's every QB ever when they have to throw it 30 times in a quarter playing 30+ behind. 

No way Allen pulls out that W... that's the difference between the two.

This got me thinking that the Jets really have to consider a players personality. Playing QB in NY is simply not the same thing as playing QB in just about every other city. You need a guy who will embrace the spot light, or at least understand how to deal with it. Rosen seems like he wants to be "the" guy. Darnold is an interesting study on this point. His free spirit surfer dude persona profiled in every article about his personal life and upbringing is at odds with how he appears on the field -- stoic and unemotional. I just don't know how he would react to the NY media scrutiny. I hope the Jets hire a sports psychologist to help them choose their QB in next year's draft.   

Archived