Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

There is a ton of QB's in college right now that not many know are possible good Pro prospects, I wouldn't be surprised to see 1/3 of the league take a QB in the first 2-3 rounds of next years draft, maybe even closer to 40%.

Absolutely. Watching today's games; Rosen, Jackson, Darnold and Mayfield could easily be top 10 picks. Then the second tier QB's may not be far off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Still need 1st, or 2nd thou.  IF Rosen continues to impress in a way I never thought he would (eating serious crow right now), you take either of these kids, and run.  The rest of the group has a couple of nice 1st round prospects, but none are in the same category of these 2 RIGHT NOW IMO, and a few will bust, and it's so hard to predict which one will bust, and won't IMO from that group as Coaching will play a much bigger role with those guys then they will with Darnold, and Rosen IMO, and if they get put in a bad situation they are doomed to fail where as the top 2 guys can make a system work with their talents.

I really underestimated Rosen, just hope the off the field attitude stuff is really just hater talk, and not a distraction, and it is starting to look like hater talk which I bought into.

Just getting back to this real quickly, after the way we watched that team stick by him and celebrate with him at the end, I think we can put this ugly rumor to bed.  When you consider the source (f*ck WalterFootball) and see/listen to all the evidence that says otherwise, it's finally safe to say that it is certified CaCa.  He's got an outspoken mind, ala Aaron Rodgers.  I'm okay with that.  His play gives him the right.

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

i dont care if we get Rosen or Darnold , just get me one of them 

Yes... my lord they both look good. Jackson looked great as well, didn't realize that he's 6'3... bulked up a little bit too.

Rosen reminds me a bit of Rodgers with his release and Darnold looks like the love child of Lucas Duda and Big Ben.

Right now I'd honestly take Sam.

3 minutes ago, bigalbarracuda said:

Yes... my lord they both look good. Jackson looked great as well, didn't realize that he's 6'3... bulked up a little bit too.

Rosen reminds me a bit of Rodgers with his release and Darnold looks like the love child of Lucas Duda and Big Ben.

Right now I'd honestly take Sam.

i keep on going back and fourth between them , lets just hope we are in position to take one of them 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Also can we pluck David Shaw from Stanford to be our HC?  I think he would make a very good HC, and would be great coach for a young drafted QB!

Been screaming this for years.  I doubt he'll ever leave Stanford though :/.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It's funny, Mayfield isn't probably even in the top 5 of NFL prospect QBs, but you could make an argument he's the best college QB.

He might be there when it's all said and done. Hopefully when people stop drooling over Josh Allen's million dollar body and 2¢ head.

As of right now you have to have

1a. Rosen

1b. Darnold whichever you like. I need to see more of both especially with Rosen balling out

rudolph or mayfield.  Mayfield is making crazy plays looks like Houdini 

to me that's it so far.  The other guys need to put more solid game performances before I would consider with a top draft pick. Jackson is a lot of fun to watch but did miss some easy open receivers and I don't think, as of now he is good enough in the pocket. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Im not disagreeing.  However, I think we might have a better chance at plucking Harbaugh back than we do of snagging Shaw right now :/.  

if somehow we start next year with Darnold/Rosen at QB and Harbaugh/Shaw at coach i will punch myself in the face to check if i am dreaming 

Watching USC / Stanford and I'm shocked to see that USC is no longer
running a pro style offense.  Which is very disappointing because
that adds questions to the evaluation of Darnold:

- Can he take snaps from under center?  Can he call plays in the huddle?
Can he set protections?  Can he audible to other plays based on the defense?
- He has a decent arm
- Good accuracy
- Good mobility in and out of the pocket.  He's able to maintain his 
accuracy on the move
- He needs to add more definition to his frame

1 minute ago, Joejet said:

The kid is a gunslinger!

He is that.  

I have both both games on, OU v Ohio St.  and Stanford v USC.  

Mayfield is killing it.  OU could be up more too if they didn't have those 2 turnovers. 

Watching USC / Stanford and I'm shocked to see that USC is no longer
running a pro style offense.  Which is very disappointing because
that adds questions to the evaluation of Darnold:
- Can he take snaps from under center?  Can he call plays in the huddle?
Can he set protections?  Can he audible to other plays based on the defense?
- He has a decent arm
- Good accuracy
- Good mobility in and out of the pocket.  He's able to maintain his 
accuracy on the move
- He needs to add more definition to his frame

His field vision is special.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived