Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

Hey guys let's keep religion out of all of these discussions, even if you are joking.

That UCLA game was so much fun to watch. Football is back. Thursday night football coming up. I am pretty pumped.

Anyhow Rosen has that Aaron Rodgers effect. A few of those throws seemed destined to be intercepted but no. What a fun game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Honestly no matter where the Jets pick I see them doing what ever it takes to get up into the top 2-3 picks no matter the cost, Woody has had it not having a QB, and I think he would approve 10 1st rounders to get the one he wants.

Have to say, if there is ever a draft to be picking near the top, this seems to be the one.  Multiple 5 star QB prospects and at least two superstar defenders.  Our rebuild was timed perfectly.  

Looking at all the QBs prior to the first game, I thought Rosen would be the guy to stay one more year.  After last night, there is no way.  Not behind that line.  I am less worried that anything other than an 0-16 season would save us.  There will be at least a couple of options.

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

anyone think Jets will not draft Rosen because he hate Trump so much and very out spoken about it? ( while Woody is Trump BFF)

We have to avoid politics here, because it always ends badly. So although that is a great question, it will have to be pondered elsewhere. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We have to avoid politics here, because it always ends badly. So although that is a great question, it will have to be pondered elsewhere. Thanks.

sorry about it, i didnt want to get into politics , i was just thinking about if it will somehow take place in the Jets thought process about Rosen.

Just now, fusionCA said:

sorry about it, i didnt want to get into politics , i was just thinking about if it will somehow take place in the Jets thought process about Rosen.

No worries. It is a shame, but these things always spiral and end up badly. So we just want to avoid it all before it starts.

Feel free to bash Woody for anything else at all though, that is fine lol.

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Got away with one there, but he put his team in position to get that chance, and the ball bounced his way.

Also after doing the math the Jets would have had to trade Mo, Lee, Adams, and Burris for Wentz plus a 2nd next year, and we would have had an extra 4th this past draft, but also 17 million per to spend on players after we trade Mo so I'd assume we would have 1, or 2 big time FA offensive signings this past FA period, and maybe still have Marshall, and Decker.

That deal looks like a lot, but it's really not, and I'd take Wentz every single time damn!

There's even more, after doing the math. Quite a lot more, actually:

- No using that 2nd round pick on Hackenberg if we drafted Wentz in round 1;

- No caving in to pay Fitzpatrick $12m (or I'd hope not, anyway);

- Using the 2016 season, which as it turned out was a failure anyway, on Wentz getting some lumps out of the way;

- No tanking this 2017 season;

- No paying Josh McCown $6m;

- Plus we'd get to use our 2018 1st rounder on a top prospect at another position who falls while the QBs get taken early

- Maybe more, if we have to trade up to get our man in the 2018 draft

On the other hand, you might have to un-count that $17m for Mo if it would have then meant keeping/extending Sheldon instead.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't watch super hero shows, so I can't really reply.

The only Flash Gordon I know was a baseball player.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Dude, wat?

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Flash Gordon. He pitched for the Royals, Red Sox, Yankees and a few others.

1980+Flash+Gordon+Football+Trading+Card.

Was a Jets QB in 1980 and his plane got redirected to Space where he had to use his FB skills to defeat Aliens 

v1.bjsxNjYzMzQyO2o7MTc0Nzk7MTIwMDs0NTA7N   and Yao Ming ming.jpg

in order to get home. 

TOM "Flash" Gordon was a SOLID Relief Pitcher for the Yankees and looked cool doing it.

Tom_Gordon.JPG 

Got it!?!?!!?!? Big difference. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Honestly no matter where the Jets pick I see them doing what ever it takes to get up into the top 2-3 picks no matter the cost, Woody has had it not having a QB, and I think he would approve 10 1st rounders to get the one he wants.

I'd be perfectly fine with giving up our first round pick for the next 5-10 years to get a franchise QB.

Watched the replay of the game on FS1 and came away even more impressed
with Rosen and it has nothing to do with stats:

- Impressive ability to "influence" the defense in the wrong direction
with ball and head fakes
- Crazy accuracy into tight windows even though he was under pressure
- Big time intelligence to run a pro style offense in "hurry up" mode
for more than a quarter.  Making adjustments to the line and his receivers
on the fly
- Even though the staff did a little more max protection to help the OLine,
Rosen really protected himself by running the "hurry up" and not
allowing Texas A&M the ability to catch their breath
- Impressive arm strength when throwing against his body when under pressure
- An "it" factor to rally a team from 34 points down

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

The problem with this is that the teams in those spots are taking those once in a decade QBs.  Mariota and Winston weren't better prospects, and the Bucs and Titans would've never traded out. You don't trade out of that spot, if you don't have a QB.  Its imperative the Jets lose as much as possible this year. Finishing with the third worst record won't be good enough

32 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The problem with this is that the teams in those spots are taking those once in a decade QBs.  Mariota and Winston weren't better prospects, and the Bucs and Titans would've never traded out. You don't trade out of that spot, if you don't have a QB.  Its imperative the Jets lose as much as possible this year. Finishing with the third worst record won't be good enough

Are you SURE you wouldn't just rather win six games this year?

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Niners are going to win 5 games this year.  They are not a terrible team.  The bills are going to be a problem though.  They are awful.

Hope you are right. I consider the niners more of a threat. I think the Bills are better than the Jets on both sides of the ball. Week one will be very telling

24 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I have a weird sneaky suspicion that the Colts will be picking in the top 2 this year!

That would be perfect. As long there is 1 team picking in the top 2 with an established QB, we can easily trade up from 4-6 with our 2 2nds etc.. 

Either way, with our offense being awful and a bad head coach and questionable CBS/special teams I really don't see this team winning more than 3 or 4 games. 

On 9/2/2017 at 5:45 PM, Maxman said:

You can hope all you want, it just isn't going to happen.

Bruce Springsteen once told me, "show a little faith, there's magic in the night. You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright".

And that is the Jets right now. Better than the tank crowd wants. Young defense. Hungry. Getting better each week under the watchful eyes of a head coach and GM who will both be back next week.

with a possible worst offense in modern era of nfl

Archived