Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Typical Jet fan reaction, a QB struggles on the road against a better opponent and quality defense - that QB is a bust after 1 game :angry:

I'd say it's because he looks like same million dollar body 10 cent brain that I watched last year.  He's my 4th or 5th ranked guy right now, with Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk, and Baker Mayfield firmly ahead of him.  It was like that going into the regular season and more games like today and I don't see it changing much.

55 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah I would definitely pin in there. I didn't want to move it though, everyone would yell at me lol.

Max. You are a great board owner. Much better than Woody himself. I nominate you for Hall of Fame for fan board owners. Kidding aside, I hope we go 1-15. Next year, you will love this team. believe me you will be very happy come April when we hold a Top 3 pick. Let's go 1-15 please :) 

Just now, Fibonacci said:

Max. You are a great board owner. Much better than Woody himself. I nominate you for Hall of Fame for fan board owners. Kidding aside, I hope we go 1-15. Next year, you will love this team. believe me you will be very happy come April when we hold a Top 3 pick. Let's go 1-15 please :) 

You can hope all you want, it just isn't going to happen.

Bruce Springsteen once told me, "show a little faith, there's magic in the night. You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright".

And that is the Jets right now. Better than the tank crowd wants. Young defense. Hungry. Getting better each week under the watchful eyes of a head coach and GM who will both be back next week.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Nah Mahomes, and Darnold are my only true loves, Stidham has a lot more to show me, but playing in the SEC I'm excited to see it.

Okay. But, if you ever find yourself in your darkened basement, lit only by the glow of a small t.v., surrounded by mountains of VHS tapes of Stidham's game, please do me a favor and talk to someone. There is always help.

:D

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You can hope all you want, it just isn't going to happen.

Bruce Springsteen once told me, "show a little faith, there's magic in the night. You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright".

And that is the Jets right now. Better than the tank crowd wants. Young defense. Hungry. Getting better each week under the watchful eyes of a head coach and GM who will both be back next week.

I agree that they will both be back next week.  I doubt either gets fired this week.  

The ceiling for this team is 5-6 wins.  There is no way this team wins more than that.   If that is the ceiling, every Jets fan should pull for 1-15 instead of 4-6 wins so that we have a chance to draft the best QB in the draft.  Bowles is as good as gone. I just hope he doesn't ruin the tank by winning some meaningless games just like Rex did on the way out the door in 2014.

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I agree that they will both be back next week.  I doubt either gets fired this week.  

The ceiling for this team is 5-6 wins.  There is no way this team wins more than that.   If that is the ceiling, every Jets fan should pull for 1-15 instead of 4-6 wins so that we have a chance to draft the best QB in the draft.  Bowles is as good as gone. I just hope he doesn't ruin the tank by winning some meaningless games just like Rex did on the way out the door in 2014.

LOL, that was a bad typo by me haha.

Todd Bowles is the head coach next season. The sooner people start embracing that reality, the sooner the healing can begin.

He won't.

While he may be just as incompetent as Rex, I doubt he's anywhere near as loved by his players.

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold 3 for 3 w/ 22 yards.  Im sold.  Draft him.

Darnold is 3-5 for 22 yards after a quarter against a vastly inferior team at home.  He's a bust. Take hime off your list too if we are going to chart every game by every QB prospect just like that incompetent hack Cimini does with Jets QBs in every preseason practice.  Let's let the season play out before a QB draft list is put together.

Just now, Maxman said:

Todd Bowles is the head coach next season. The sooner people start embracing that reality, the sooner the healing can begin.

I find fault in that logic. You don't tell a battered wife that the pathway to healing is to accept that there's no escape.

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm pulling for 16 wins and the 32nd pick in the first round. W

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I find fault in that logic. You don't tell a battered wife that the pathway to healing is to accept that there's no escape.

Well, I am not going to partake in this, even if it is joking around. Domestic abuse is nothing I would ever joke about.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wanna bet Max? You determine the prize. I am down for anything you decide. Bowles will not be the Head Coach next year. 

Just now, Fibonacci said:

Wanna bet Max? You determine the prize. I am down for anything you decide. Bowles will not be the Head Coach next year. 

Okay. You give me 5 to 1 odds. We bet $1,000. That is what I decide.

4 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

So if I win you give me $200 and if you win I give you $1000. Can it be fair bet? :) $200 each is fine by me. :)

Nope, you said I decide. So I want $5,000 from you if I win and I put up $1,000. 

It is such a definite thing that Bowles will be fired. That is what I keep reading. He probably won't make it through the season. I will pay you the $1,000 as soon as he gets fired. You wouldn't have to pay me the $5,000 until the new league year. But that wouldn't happen because he is getting fired. Everyone keeps saying it, so it must be true.

Archived