- As he approaches the line, make sure everyone is lined up properly
- At the line, determine what the defense is doing pre-snap.  Protections
may have to be changed or he may have to audible to another play
- Take the snap
- If it's a running play he finds the RB, hands it off and he's done
- If it's a pass play he has to read the defense post-snap and determine
where to go with the ball

Once the play is over he has to do it all over again

The problem is that is 90% of college football now, so pretty soon that can no longer be a minus for QB evaluation, it will just have to be a plus for those who do play in a real pro system.  

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think he's the best QB in college, and I think by the end of this season many will agree. 

I agree now, but is he the best pro prospect?

Darnold is still that

He's a southern California kid. Based on his comments about the Jets so far, it's pretty obvious he wants nothing to do with us. 

What specific comments were those? I heard him on a recent podcast and he gave the strong impression he would not manipulate the draft. I've never heard him say he would not want to play for the Jets. On the podcast he came across as very humble , and was more flattered than anything at the attention from the Jet fans.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Rudolph plays in the biggest gimmick system in college history, and is terrible under pressure, like really bad if he is under pressure all night, and he also has the best group of WR's in college football I've seen in a long time, but as a college QB when given clean pocket he is really good, and under the right situation I can see him develop into a real good NFL QB, kinda like the Garrappollo, and Hundley situations.

No he doesn't. His O actually runs a lot of pro passing concepts, in particular how they take shots vertically.

11 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Watching Rosen earlier was a THING OF BEAUTY. 

HAWAII

11 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Darold looks solid but I'd take Rosen at this point b/t the two. 

Would Mayfield last until the late first/early 2nd round in anyone's opinion?

STANFORD

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

HAWAII

STANFORD

You want a cookie, Gil Brandt, for your astute observation on the quality of opponent? :rolleyes:

Mayfield and Jackson, once again with the most impressive performances, IMO.

I really think they are the classic college QB's: Charlie Ward, Vince Young, Tim Tebow types...but man, you can't deny that Mayfield makes plays with his arm all over the field.  And he finally did it vs. a real D.  And he was getting crushed the 1st half too but he stood in there took his beating and delivered.   You just have to be impressed by both at this point. @Villain The Foe, I'm not there yet but I'm warming up to the idea. 

Mr. Wind-up continues to throw picks and Mr. Ego played Hawaii.  Pretty much whatever performances from them...the rest of these guys, Rudolf, Allen, Stidham - blah.  Whatever prospects.

Very early, but its Darnold or Rosen and I give Rosen the lead because he's got much better mechanics and takes care of the ball and doesn't look like it hurts when he throws the Football. 

Rosen, Darnold, Jackson... then everybody else. 

Those 3 names are the only ones that should matter to the Jets Fans. We're not drafting in the middle of rnd 1 -- we'll never need to decide between Mayfield, Allen, Falk etc

Rosen was perfect 

Darnold was very good

Jackson continues to show elite ability

22 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You want a cookie, Gil Brandt, for your astute observation on the quality of opponent? :rolleyes:

Apparently I deserve one with the morons here blowing Rosen, who just played a team that should be Division 2 while tgey deride Sam Darnold, who apparently "struggled"(!?) somenhow while playing against a Top 15 team with an Excellent Defense.

21/26 350 4TD 2 Picks. 42 points on Stanford. 

Lets see how Rosen does agains a team that's actually playing NCAA level defense before we put him on a pedestal. 

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think he's the best QB in college, and I think by the end of this season many will agree. 

No doubt, Mayfield is in the conversation now, that was a strong performance, under pressure, and he improved as the game went on, makes for some very good QB options for the Jets in the 2018 NFL draft

Tough loss for the Buckeyes, Mayfield drove his team, similar to the Rosen comeback - some great college football games so far and many more to come, they continue to gain ground on the millionaires club

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Mayfield and Jackson, once again with the most impressive performances, IMO.

I really think they are the classic college QB's: Charlie Ward, Vince Young, Tim Tebow types...but man, you can't deny that Mayfield makes plays with his arm all over the field.  And he finally did it vs. a real D.  And he was getting crushed the 1st half too but he stood in there took his beating and delivered.   You just have to be impressed by both at this point. @Villain The Foe, I'm not there yet but I'm warming up to the idea. 

Mr. Wind-up continues to throw picks and Mr. Ego played Hawaii.  Pretty much whatever performances from them...the rest of these guys, Rudolf, Allen, Stidham - blah.  Whatever prospects.

Very early, but its Darnold or Rosen and I give Rosen the lead because he's got much better mechanics and takes care of the ball and doesn't look like it hurts when he throws the Football. 

Thanks. I was having a few conversations and people thought that Mayfield and OU was going to get crushed by OH. It was a good game that Mayfield played as well as responding to adversity early on. 

I really like that kid.