Sign in to follow this  
Joe W. Namath

Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold 11 of 19 for 115 yards.  0 tds and 1 int.  I see a little windup in his throwing  motion.  Doesnt seem to have a quick released.

It is only a half of football and i am no qb expert, by i see nothing special about sam darnold.

Wait, does this mean I am allowed to root for the Jets again? :)

It's amazing the NFL ever gets any worthwhile QBs anymore with the way the position is played in college and lower levels.  None of them understand how to do anything, get everything from the sideline, have 1 read.  And most of them, as Michigan and Florida are showing, aren't even good at that.

So is Darnold now off people's boards because he's having a horrible game?  Against

Western Michigan at home, really???

48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Pac12 network.  I had no clue i had this channel.

Watching Stidham of Auburn now, had no idea I had the SEC network.

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

So is Darnold now off people's boards because he's having a horrible game?  Against

Not off my board, but significantly lower.  This is going to be a week to week evaluation process.  Teams have adjusted.  It's up to him to fight through it.

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

Darnold had a good drive but his ball placement is bad today , his receivers saved him a few times 

Not just today.

I wonder if its at all possible these guys are working off some rust from the offseason.

Allen didnt look good today, but one game doesn't make a season or a player

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Again Western Michigan was 13-1 last year, ranked 15th in the nation at the end of the season they are not a cup cake team just because they play in the MAC.

But yes terrible day for Darnold, but unlike Allen it doesn't match his career stats.

Jackson looks good to me.  Quick released. Rocket arm, from what i see accurate, can avoid the rush, can scramble for yardage etc.

Why is he not seen as a good pro prospect?

im basing this only on today, but jackson looks superior in every facet of the game then darnold.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jackson looks good to me.  Quick released. Rocket arm, from what i see accurate, can avoid the rush, can scramble for yardage etc.

Why is he not seen as a good pro prospect?

im basing this only on today, but jackson looks superior in every facet of the game then darnold.

Jackson is considered a top 10 pick inside NFL scout circles, not so much by the public, yet anyway.

By the end of this season most Jets fans will be college football experts. Saw a lot of people asking each other where the heck they could find Big 10 Network, Pac 12 Network etc. I for one watched Big 10 network first time in my life. 

******* Jets turned us into college football analysts.