Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Joe W. Namath

5 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

KRL always respect your opinion.....Like Allen more than Rosen thus far... some of those throws outside the numbers Allen made were NFL throws.

Hard to judge Darnild vs W Mich

W Michigan is a top 20 team, don't be fooled by the no name school.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:I have to start questioning if this is a case of UCLA not having guys who can get open, OR guys who just don't want to go to war with Rosen.  That is the whispers around him that his teammates don't like him, and this looks like a team not willing to play for this QB IMO, they are quitting out there.

I agree with the consensus that UCLA is a poorly coached, bad team.  Like Darnold yesterday, the team around them are letting them down.  Yesterday it was Darnold's WRs and today it's the UCLA OL and probably the worst half of defense I have ever seen.

But let's take the competition for both into perspective.  Yes, both teams were favored but TAM is obviously better than people thought.  And W. Michigan went 13-1 last year and finished ranked 15th so while inferior to USC (ranked 4) they are not a slouch team by any means.

On Mayfield, the guys is fantastic to watch and can light up a scoreboard and set passing records.  It will be very interesting to see how he does during the combine and other pre-draft process.  Does he have the arm strength to make all the pro throws, can he read a defense or is his success part of the offensive system that OK runs.  His back up did pretty well yesterday.  But still, 19-20 for 329 yards at half is unreal.

On Lamar Jackson, he is an elite athlete for sure, probably one of the greatest athletes in NCAA history but I am not convinced that he can run a pro offense.  And the type of offense he may be able to run, how long will it take the league to figure it out.

On Josh Allen, his completion percentage does not help him at all.  Not by itself but when coupled with his yards per completion being comparative with the other top prospects with much higher completion percentages, he is a project.  We don't need another project.

While there are other guys, Stidham, Tanner Lee, Mike White, to name a few, I think these guys at least for now will be ranked lower than the California kids.  And assuming we end up in the top 2, we will be getting one of them.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

How is Mora still trotting this kid out there, he has a future on Sundays, and his OL is so overmatched don't get the kid killed its 41-10!

because Mora is in Todd Bowls land , he is about to get fired and will squeeze what ever he can from anyone on the team just to get points on the board 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Thanks. Appreciate you taking the time to share. We (the proverbial us) have to sift through a lot cynicism, hyperbole and such -- so it's nice to have regular Miller-time talk... You more than painted a picture. I get it. I guess I just always wanted to understand if his selection was an exercise in arrogance, or whether there was honest intentions. Either way, it sucks for everyone that dream that never took off. Feel like they still need to roll him out there for 4-5 games to get their money's worth and find out what happens when you just let him play. 

One thing I wish i knew; whether the rumored Jets move up to #1 last year was attached to Wentz or not. Macc's failed to produce talent at QB picking in the bargain bin, but what does it look like if he gets his pick of anyone? Was he a Goff or a Wentz guy?... Would he have picked Winston, or Mariota?... It need to know that if he's got the card that says #1 next april, he'll make the right choice. 

I'm more than happy to share with all of you guys.  Its a great community here.  I completely agree, regarding Hack.  I was little relieved to find out that it wasn't "I know more than you" type of arrogance...I can swallow this pill much easier.  At some point he has to, and will, play.  

Without spilling certain information that could get my buddy discovered, I can actually answer this part for you too, to a degree.  

Wentz was their target in a trade up in 2016.  They wanted him really bad.  My guy let me in on the Wentz nugget a year before he even declared.  That why I was throwing his name out there a bunch in the draft forum before the 2016 CFB season even started :P.  They wanted Wentz more than they ever wanted Winston or Mariota.  They came very close to actually pulling it off.  Tennessee wanted Mo and an offer higher than what the Eagles gave up/were offering at the time.  It was ludicrous to ask for, but at the time, the Eagles had the better pick and Sam Bradford to fall back on and that's why they caved to Philly and not us.  It sucks.

In 2015 they had Winston and Mariota ranked neck and neck.  They preferred Winston but never seriously thought Tampa would trade the pick or pass on Jameis.  They tried harder to, again, trade with Tennessee.  They were perfectly fine with Marcus.  Moving the pick to Philly was never an actual option if he fell, despite the rumors.  They were smitten with Mariota and felt that Bradford + picks was not worth passing on him.  

12 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

How is Mora still trotting this kid out there, he has a future on Sundays, and his OL is so overmatched don't get the kid killed its 41-10!

He's looking at that $12 million+ buyout and is doing everything he can to get it before he never gets a job in football at any level.  He's a goddamn fool.

I'm telling you, Rosen at UCLA is Matt Ryan at BC all over again. There are gonna be games this season where he absolutely wows you, and then there's gonna be games like today where his squad is just absolutely overmatched and you're left wondering how the hell you can accurately judge him.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm more than happy to share with all of you guys.  Its a great community here.  I completely agree, regarding Hack.  I was little relieved to find out that it wasn't "I know more than you" type of arrogance...I can swallow this pill much easier.  At some point he has to, and will, play.  

Without spilling certain information that could get my buddy discovered, I can actually answer this part for you too, to a degree.  

Wentz was their target in a trade up in 2016.  They wanted him really bad.  My guy let me in on the Wentz nugget a year before he even declared.  That why I was throwing his name out there a bunch in the draft forum before the 2016 CFB season even started :P.  They wanted Wentz more than they ever wanted Winston or Mariota.  They came very close to actually pulling it off.  Tennessee wanted Mo and an offer higher than what the Eagles gave up/were offering at the time.  It was ludicrous to ask for, but at the time, the Eagles had the better pick and Sam Bradford to fall back on and that's why they caved to Philly and not us.  It sucks.

In 2015 they had Winston and Mariota ranked neck and neck.  They preferred Winston but never seriously thought Tampa would trade the pick or pass on Jameis.  They tried harder to, again, trade with Tennessee.  They were perfectly fine with Marcus.  Moving the pick to Philly was never an actual option if he fell, despite the rumors.  They were smitten with Mariota and felt that Bradford + picks was not worth passing on him.  

Man in retrospect I'd give 2 Mo's, and the package Philly gave up for Wentz!

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Man in retrospect I'd give 2 Mo's, and the package Philly gave up for Wentz!

I would have too.  I was head over heels with Wentz.  Maybe more than you ever loved Mahomes :P.

I get why they obviously didn't, but god do I think that kid is gonna be special.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I would have too.  I was head over heels with Wentz.  Maybe more than you ever loved Mahomes :P.

I get why they obviously didn't, but god do I think that kid is gonna be special.

I was also over the moon for Wentz, and I'd take him over Mahomes I think if you put a gun to my head.

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Another thing I blame Fitzpatrick for!  

Announcers nailing it on the head right now regarding Josh.  You can criticize him for his outspoken attitude, but everything he's said has some truth to it.  On top of it, you want to criticize his love for the game? Watch Arizona State and this game and tell me that.  He's getting absolutely blasted, getting up, and dropping DIMES on this drive.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Announcers nailing it on the head right now regarding Josh.  You can criticize him for his outspoken attitude, but everything he's said has some truth to it.  On top of it, you want to criticize his love for the game? Watch Arizona State and this game and tell me that.  He's getting absolutely blasted, getting up, and dropping DIMES on this drive.

I zero issues with any of that, my problem is his Cutleresque attitude, and cockiness, it doesn't go over well with a lot of people, the kid obviously loves football, and I don't care about his politics, or outspoken attitude off the field, I want to see that outspoken attitude ON THE FIELD alla Brady, keep the eye roles for your girlfriend, if he can figure this out he will be special.

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I zero issues with any of that, my problem is his Cutleresque attitude, and cockiness, it doesn't go over well with a lot of people, the kid obviously loves football, and I don't care about his politics, or outspoken attitude off the field, I want to see that outspoken attitude ON THE FIELD alla Brady, keep the eye roles for your girlfriend, if he can figure this out he will be special.

He's young.  I don't worry about it much my friend.  Gus Johnson just said, on national TV, what I've heard about the kid ad nauseum.  His teammates do NOT hate him.  They respect the sh*t out of him.  He's their leader.  I've seen his lineman picking him up all game, patting his back as if to say "our bad" all game long.  No player is loved by every teammate.  Big Ben & Philip Rivers we're all called douchebags at some point in their careers.  QBs, by nature, are cocky and arrogant.  If you're weak and timid, no one will follow you into battle.  

He'll do his leading by example.  Give him an honest chance.

It's not on display tonight.  I think that falls on Mora personally.

Who knows. Maybe Rosen should be getting the ball out quicker. Maybe he's not getting his hot reads down correctly. Maybe he is holding onto the ball too long. Bottom line is there is a lot of talent on that team and he is having a very bad game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived