Let's start talking Jets \ Bills

Maxman

There are two things at work here,  A lot of football is decided not by talent but by desire and execution.  Execution is a lot about coaching, and a lot of poorly coached young teams lose a lot of football games early in the season bc they don't have everything installed.  So advantage to Buffalo for the older veteran team..  However the desire part counts for a lot and sometimes players are tired of hearing how bad they're going to suck.  

We shall see how it goes, my mind says Buffalo but it wouldn't surprise me if there's a big upset.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The game has no relevance to anybody other than people with a fantasy football interest.

The 2017 Bills and Jets are essentially holding a 16-game extended tryout.  The fans of both teams should recognize that, and adjust their emotional investment to low.

I'd think a fantasy football league would have to have about 40 teams before a Jet got drafted. 

I'm down with this being an ugly game from both teams, with the winning margin coming from a couple broken plays. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Two of the worst teams in the NFL, playing week one, the most notorious week of the year for bad play, penalties and generally poor performances.

If the Jets can keep McClown upright, and the Jets Defense shows up, game should be close.  

If the game is close, the Jets should substitute Hack in the second half. Because... experience... the future.... (okay, we all know what I mean). I'm betting Claiborne gets injured, Wilkerson stubs his toe, and Forte gimps off with a hammy. And Catanzaro whiffs at least two field goals. It should be a game for the ages.

Wish I could say I cared, but I don't. Not anymore. Not until we can field a competitive team. Not gonna root for a loss, but not gonna sit here and waste Sundays on this team. I will do what I do with the Mets every June when they are desperately out of the race and not watch them but will follow from the outside.

Sorry

38 minutes ago, Hael said:

There are two things at work here,  A lot of football is decided not by talent but by desire and execution.  Execution is a lot about coaching, and a lot of poorly coached young teams lose a lot of football games early in the season bc they don't have everything installed.  So advantage to Buffalo for the older veteran team..  However the desire part counts for a lot and sometimes players are tired of hearing how bad they're going to suck.  

We shall see how it goes, my mind says Buffalo but it wouldn't surprise me if there's a big upset.

That sounds so sad.

Jets win huge upset against the 29th rated Bills.

35 minutes ago, slats said:

I'd think a fantasy football league would have to have about 40 teams before a Jet got drafted. 

I'm down with this being an ugly game from both teams, with the winning margin coming from a couple broken plays. 

Maybe in a league with punters. We are gonna clean up on the gross punting yardage. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Keys to the game:

1. How can this display bring us closer to regime change?

2.  Is it getting us closer to Rosen?

3. Can we get a split screen showing Maccagnan's face while Hackenberg is throwing pick-sixes in the fourth quarter?

4. Does Tyrod Taylor throw multiple TDs over just one of the safety's heads, or does he share the wealth/pain among both safeties?

5. When does Mo Wilkerson decide his hip is too sore to carry on?

6. When does Mehta's anonymous source get quoted as saying, "Jesus, I never should have left New Orleans"?

7. Do Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson get named starters of their respective teams at halftime of their first games and will Vegas immediately install the Chiefs and Texans as AFC favorites? 

8. Will PFF give Darron Lee another super high grade for holding LeSean McCoy to a mere 125 yards rushing?

9. Will Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall combine to average more yards per game on a weekly basis than the entire Jet offense? 

10. When will the Idzik blimp guys save up enough cash from picking up cans on the side of the road to pay for a Macc-themed billboard?

LMAO at #6.

37 minutes ago, slats said:

Powell and Forte will be in the lineup as flex plays for some.  Robby as a #3 WR for others.  That's it.

If Taylor doesn't play, this game is going to come down to the kickers.  And ours is not very good.  

Zay Jones, their 2nd rd pick at WR, is a possession type of receiver that excels between the 20s.  ECU was one of the worst teams in all of college football in the red zone last year.

If we can stop their running game, this will be very close and may come down to Cantanzaro missing a 50 yarder.  Then we can spent the next week arguing over whether Martin would have made it.

Overall it's going to be one ugly game!

I think the key for me is looking at the individual players more than the team as a whole. As a team they'll likely be pretty darn bad, but maybe we can still see a few of our young players growing and developing into good players... That's always fun to see. 

Over the past few years, what has been most frustrating is not so much when the Jets lose, but when they get blown out.  

They will not get blown out here.  

Mo should wake up and play.  The Jets are the only team paying big money to interior DL.  If he does not have a good year, he gets his guarantee, but he wlll not get the unguaranteed money in 2018.  From Woody's perspective, it will be money saved.

Just now, munchmemory said:

Why?  We already have "Mr. Unstoppable/Guy who gets 100+ yards once nothing is on the line" Powell.

Williams is only 23, I honestly don't understand that cut. Admittingly I don't follow the Bills that closely, so there may be a flaw in his game that I don't know.  On the surface I think he is a real good RB and he is young.

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Williams is only 23, I honestly don't understand that cut. Admittingly I don't follow the Bills that closely, so there may be a flaw in his game that I don't know.  On the surface I think he is a real good RB and he is young.

Sometimes, those inexplicable cuts are followed shortly by a league announcement of a PED suspension.   

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Sometimes, those inexplicable cuts are followed shortly by a league announcement of a PED suspension.   

That was in the back of my mind. The only reason I discounted it was that an NFL insider yesterday (I forget who) said that he has not heard anything about a possible suspension.

23 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I agree.  Just my unsuccessful attempt at sarcasm.

The bills appear to be trying to out do us in the implosion department... but as long as Shady McCoy is getting fed the rock - I think they'll pull away by winning TOP.  

It would be nice to get a token W though in week 1. Get the "0-16" monkey off the franchise's back to they just regular sh*tty the rest of the year and not stress

Archived