Aliens II: Xenomorph Within - Town Wins!!

Gone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, I think the countdown thing is detrimental to the town.

The scum benefit from dragging this out and if they don't have to commit to lynch anyone and, instead, meerly have to wait out the clock, the town is screwed.

Think about it--it takes 8 to lynch the last 2 phases, but scum benefits from the fact that 2 townies are dead based on 4 votes each.

Something to consider in future game mechanics.

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Derp. Didn't I just say it had nothing to do with activity? 

youre an Idiot :)

Activity consists of posts, so which post of the very few I made on day 1 pointed you in the direction of me being scum ? Or did you just pull that out of your ass like normal?

25 minutes ago, SMC said:

BTW, I think the countdown thing is detrimental to the town.

The scum benefit from dragging this out and if they don't have to commit to lynch anyone and, instead, meerly have to wait out the clock, the town is screwed.

Think about it--it takes 8 to lynch the last 2 phases, but scum benefits from the fact that 2 townies are dead based on 4 votes each.

Something to consider in future game mechanics.

Agreed.  With the lower activity we've had in games lately, it makes more sense to me to make deadlines more fluid.  Installing a deadline only when needed and such. 

This strict 48 hr day/24 hr night type thing that's done on DM and other places is for the birds.  I mean, what's the rush?

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed.  With the lower activity we've had in games lately, it makes more sense to me to make deadlines more fluid.  Installing a deadline only when needed and such. 

This strict 48 hr day/24 hr night type thing that's done on DM and other places is for the birds.  I mean, what's the rush?

Exactly, and it doesn't have the deterrent of random kill for no lynch because the scum don't have to fear if they only have to get 4 votes to lynch someone because of the deadline rather than 8. 

22 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Well no one ever wants to lynch inactives early so things like hybrid hammer is the response from the moderator to salvage games from low activity players.

If players were hiding intentionally and it was obvious, we'd want to lynch those players. 

But using that as a strategy to discourage lower activity (a punishment) or killing off the lesser active players just so we could end up with higher active players remaining later in the game simply wouldn't make sense on JN.  A lot of the players are consistently low activity people who play when they can, and add value to the game when they do. 

Do you suggest we kill off, say, Smash on D1/D2 every game?  That would get old fast. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If players were hiding intentionally and it was obvious, we'd want to lynch those players. 

But using that as a strategy to discourage lower activity (a punishment) or killing off the lesser active players just so we could end up with higher active players remaining later in the game simply wouldn't make sense on JN.  A lot of the players are consistently low activity people who play when they can, and add value to the game when they do. 

Do you suggest we kill off, say, Smash on D1/D2 every game?  That would get old fast. 

We can discuss it more later since we all have in game biases going on right now but, yes Smash should be lynched D1 every game until he changes how he plays or I guess until he just quits playing.

I know that sounds harsh but if a community actually did this and weeded out people who are a chronic activity problem their games would be amazingly active and I think you might also find surprisingly more fulfilling than many of the games we have now.

I want to be clear. I am not trying to knock anyone or anything and Smash was just one example I'm not singling him out and it's not like I don't like the guy. Nor am I particularly unhappy with games on JN. It might be this just wouldn't work on JN anyway because you guys are too good of friends with each other to exclude anyone even to the detriment of the game. I'm just saying that if you want more active games the only reliable way to get them is to self police your community of players.

To be clear there are people with limited time and there are people who choose to not really participate on D1 and also people who don't like their role and just ghost or give little input without thought or care. I am more concerned with the latter people than the former. Most of the people around here have enough good sense not to sign up if they really are too busy to give any realistic amount of time to a game. We have more of a problem with ghosters and people who don't believe D1 matters.

Private Hudson: Movement. Signal's clean. Range, twenty meters.

Ripley: They've found a way in, something we've missed.

Corporal Hicks: We didn't miss anything.

Private Hudson: Seventeen meters.

Ripley: [checking the tracker] Something under the floor, not in the plans, I don't know.

Private Hudson: Fifteen meters.

Newt: Ripley.

Corporal Hicks: Definitely inside the barricades.

Newt: Let's go.

Private Hudson: Tweleve meters.

Ripley: That's right outside the door. Hicks, Vasquez get back.

Private Hudson: Man, this is a big ****in' signal.

Corporal Hicks: How are we doing, Vasquez? Talk to me.

Private Vasquez: Almost there.

[they weld the door shut and step back away from the door]

Private Vasquez: They're right on us.

Corporal Hicks: Remember: short, controlled bursts.

Private Hudson: Nine meters. Seven. Six.

Ripley: That can't be; that's inside the room.

Private Hudson: It's reading right man, look!

Corporal Hicks: Then you're not reading *it* right.

Private Hudson: Five meters, man. Four. What the hell?

Everything goes black.

SSSSHHH... Now go to sleep and don't dream.

Crusher is no longer a viable incubator. He was...

A soldier, Vanilla Townie 

SMC is no longer a viable incubator. He was...

A soldier, Vanilla Townie 

LZM can no longer hug in an extra loving sort of way. He was...

A face hugger, Mafia Goon

8 hours ago, Nolder said:

I didn't want to discuss it on D1. It was pointless and a distraction. I had no evidence. Now I have evidence, no night kill.

you didn't want to discuss it D1.

really? they WHY do a post that is filled with comments about cult?

3 hours ago, Nolder said:

@Dicetosser I see you lurking. No time to catch up if you are going to change your vote you need to do it now.

Less than 10 mins till deadline.

so you gonna start with this stupidity too?

its kinda hard to lurk when im asleep. page was open on my puter but I was in my bed at midnight when you seem to think I was online

As the last few rays of light disappear beyond the horizon, they hissed in glee. For they knew something the humans did not. The sun was not to return. The humans were to live there last few days in running blindly in terror, and there prayers for light were not to be heard.

3 minutes ago, LZM said:

As the last few rays of light disappear beyond the horizon, they hissed in glee. For they knew something the humans did not. The sun was not to return. The humans were to live there last few days in running blindly in terror, and there prayers for light were not to be heard.

You forgot to bow.  

So long, bearded scum.  

Archived