Aliens II: Xenomorph Within - Town Wins!!

Gone

I ****ed up at the end of the Day there, can't take it back now. I should've stayed put since LZM hit a bunch of check marks D2 - screwing up his reads, differentiating between types of scum, etc. I got happy feet and decided to follow Crusher because I thought maybe he saw something in SMC that he'd recognize more than I would, and I had thought SMC was suspect after how he blew up on Nolder D1. Oh well, I'm glad LZM got-got anyway and saved us another Day having to wait around to lynch him.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

didnt YOU read the flips??

crusher isn't a VIABLE INCUBATOR anymore.

and since when does having mafia rule out cult?

When the flavor dictates there is only one enemy faction?

If Aliens are mafia who would be cult?

So Dice is either not thinking or he's scum. He's been chasing this cult angle since D1.

Ape is confirmed not a teammate of LZM.

Nolder is at ease. Wouldn't lynch.

80 voted LZM out of the gate and generally has played a clean game. Wouldn't lynch.

JC cuts thru the noise and votes his suspects. Wouldn't lynch.

Smash can get got. Seems to be playing to the meta I've heard others talk about how he avoids the thread like a plague as scum. I guess me calling it out D1 makes me scum too.

Dunnie can get got. Hasn't done anything but vote Nolder.

Pac claimed scum and hasn't done anything else. He can get got.

Hallia is MIA. Maybe sub her for CTM so we can have another active player?

JiF im unsure about. From my experience I'd think I could have a lean on him at this point in the game but he's going through a lot at home. Can't blame him. I'd hold off for more but voting Nolder two Days straight isn't a good look.

3 hours ago, Nolder said:

We can discuss it more later since we all have in game biases going on right now but, yes Smash should be lynched D1 every game until he changes how he plays or I guess until he just quits playing.

I know that sounds harsh but if a community actually did this and weeded out people who are a chronic activity problem their games would be amazingly active and I think you might also find surprisingly more fulfilling than many of the games we have now.

I want to be clear. I am not trying to knock anyone or anything and Smash was just one example I'm not singling him out and it's not like I don't like the guy. Nor am I particularly unhappy with games on JN. It might be this just wouldn't work on JN anyway because you guys are too good of friends with each other to exclude anyone even to the detriment of the game. I'm just saying that if you want more active games the only reliable way to get them is to self police your community of players.

Agree with this.  Catching up now.

We can discuss it more later since we all have in game biases going on right now but, yes Smash should be lynched D1 every game until he changes how he plays or I guess until he just quits playing.

I know that sounds harsh but if a community actually did this and weeded out people who are a chronic activity problem their games would be amazingly active and I think you might also find surprisingly more fulfilling than many of the games we have now.

I want to be clear. I am not trying to knock anyone or anything and Smash was just one example I'm not singling him out and it's not like I don't like the guy. Nor am I particularly unhappy with games on JN. It might be this just wouldn't work on JN anyway because you guys are too good of friends with each other to exclude anyone even to the detriment of the game. I'm just saying that if you want more active games the only reliable way to get them is to self police your community of players.

Duplicate.  

Duplicate.  

Derp. If soldiers are the only viable incubators, the scum/aliens are going to want to target soldiers so their kills/implants are successful. 

Pac is pre-occupied with whether or not I have a PR. Fishing, perhaps, for if I'm a soldier or not.

Pac should die soon as possible. Smash too. AJ too.

5 hours ago, SMC said:

Good luck town.  First game back in over a year and I'm speed lynched in D2.  **** you all.  

Look at the 3 speed lynchers in LZM, Nolder and AJ.  Those are by best scum tell.

Sorry to see you leave this early SMC.  Hope we play again soon.

3 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Private Hudson: Movement. Signal's clean. Range, twenty meters.

Ripley: They've found a way in, something we've missed.

Corporal Hicks: We didn't miss anything.

Private Hudson: Seventeen meters.

Ripley: [checking the tracker] Something under the floor, not in the plans, I don't know.

Private Hudson: Fifteen meters.

Newt: Ripley.

Corporal Hicks: Definitely inside the barricades.

Newt: Let's go.

Private Hudson: Tweleve meters.

Ripley: That's right outside the door. Hicks, Vasquez get back.

Private Hudson: Man, this is a big ****in' signal.

Corporal Hicks: How are we doing, Vasquez? Talk to me.

Private Vasquez: Almost there.

[they weld the door shut and step back away from the door]

Private Vasquez: They're right on us.

Corporal Hicks: Remember: short, controlled bursts.

Private Hudson: Nine meters. Seven. Six.

Ripley: That can't be; that's inside the room.

Private Hudson: It's reading right man, look!

Corporal Hicks: Then you're not reading *it* right.

Private Hudson: Five meters, man. Four. What the hell?

Everything goes black.

SSSSHHH... Now go to sleep and don't dream.

Crusher is no longer a viable incubator. He was...

Hide contents

A soldier, Vanilla Townie 

SMC is no longer a viable incubator. He was...

Hide contents

A soldier, Vanilla Townie 

LZM can no longer hug in an extra loving sort of way. He was...

Hide contents

A face hugger, Mafia Goon

WTF with Crusher?  Good shot on LZM.  Maybe not so vanilla as we thought.

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Derp. If soldiers are the only viable incubators, the scum/aliens are going to want to target soldiers so their kills/implants are successful. 

Pac is pre-occupied with whether or not I have a PR. Fishing, perhaps, for if I'm a soldier or not.

Pac should die soon as possible. Smash too. AJ too.

You might be okay at this silly game but I'm too far invested to compliment you now.

monkey nuts

3 hours ago, LZM said:

As the last few rays of light disappear beyond the horizon, they hissed in glee. For they knew something the humans did not. The sun was not to return. The humans were to live there last few days in running blindly in terror, and there prayers for light were not to be heard.

Good addition to JN.  I hope you play again.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, I told you guys that LZM was scum on D1 when he rando-distance voted Smash, now looking at LZM's flip, and Smash's reaction to me voting him (and him subconsciously reacting to me like he knows I'm town) it proves that Smash is scum, and AJ is a lock as scum after this dance too.

i'm literally not paying attention, got laid off yesterday, and have 3 scum for you - just follow the blueprint

Sorry to hear that Ape.  

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Sorry to hear that Ape.  

Thanks, I'm not worrying about it though. It'll be good for me.

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

describe this.

Don Draper for websites, without the booze, and with a whole lot more rolled-up sleeves, hard work, collaboration, strategy, research and designing. So, basically not Don Draper at all. 

Deeeeeerp.

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

So Dice is either not thinking or he's scum. He's been chasing this cult angle since D1.

Ape is confirmed not a teammate of LZM.

Nolder is at ease. Wouldn't lynch.

80 voted LZM out of the gate and generally has played a clean game. Wouldn't lynch.

JC cuts thru the noise and votes his suspects. Wouldn't lynch.

Smash can get got. Seems to be playing to the meta I've heard others talk about how he avoids the thread like a plague as scum. I guess me calling it out D1 makes me scum too.

Dunnie can get got. Hasn't done anything but vote Nolder.

Pac claimed scum and hasn't done anything else. He can get got.

Hallia is MIA. Maybe sub her for CTM so we can have another active player?

JiF im unsure about. From my experience I'd think I could have a lean on him at this point in the game but he's going through a lot at home. Can't blame him. I'd hold off for more but voting Nolder two Days straight isn't a good look.

So, let's break this down... derpity doo...

Dice: he's either town or scum, so you aren't saying anything

Ape: I'm not confirmed as anything, so you're pushing false logic

80: easy for scum to play clean, they know more than us - plus scum should be voting each other early for distancing, this isn't false logic, but it flies in the face of basic mafia play

JC: not even sure what this means, but okay

Smash: Wifom

Dunnie: Not saying anything new about him.

Pac: Not saying anything new about him.

Hallia: Not saying anything new about her.

JIF: Closest this in this list to taking a position, but still a bit fence-sitter for my taste, as he's basically saying "I could go there, if others do"

I'm not sure what to make of this uselessness.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Thanks, I'm not worrying about it though. It'll be good for me.

Don Draper for websites, without the booze, and with a whole lot more rolled-up sleeves, hard work, collaboration, strategy, research and designing. So, basically not Don Draper at all. 

Deeeeeerp.

Nice skill set to have.  Wish I had the liberty to change our website design.  I've been through a stretch without work...avoiding the booze is the key.  I'm confident you'll find a good landing spot.

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Nice skill set to have.  Wish I had the liberty to change our website design.  I've been through a stretch without work...avoiding the booze is the key.  I'm confident you'll find a good landing spot.

Thanks man. I'm working too hard in the gym these days, and have a baby on the way in a couple weeks. There's no time for me to think about anything other than hustling.

Derp/

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Derp, this is basically a compliment. Now you've really done it... world ends in 3... 2.... 1........ 

094d8c1948bcc57eb47a7a12d9a0c88b2824e164

This is like that elementary school thing where you're just mean to me cause you really like me. Isn't it?

you're outed lover boy 

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, let's break this down... derpity doo...

Dice: he's either town or scum, so you aren't saying anything

Ape: I'm not confirmed as anything, so you're pushing false logic

80: easy for scum to play clean, they know more than us - plus scum should be voting each other early for distancing, this isn't false logic, but it flies in the face of basic mafia play

JC: not even sure what this means, but okay

Smash: Wifom

Dunnie: Not saying anything new about him.

Pac: Not saying anything new about him.

Hallia: Not saying anything new about her.

JIF: Closest this in this list to taking a position, but still a bit fence-sitter for my taste, as he's basically saying "I could go there, if others do"

I'm not sure what to make of this uselessness.

Lemme rephrase so it gets through that thick neanderthal skull of yours.

Dice never has a ton of content. But he's sharp and he's aggressive. This cult thing he's been pushing for two Days is a weak talking point. And even now when it's more or less proven false he's still chasing it. He's scum or he isn't processing information cause his head isn't in the game (understandably)

for you LZM called you 3p specially, IE he gave away his knowledge that you weren't on his team.

80, do you disagree so much with the read or are you just further outing yourself for having a huge crush on me? Dude is playing like a townie. I like him for Town.

JC in my experience is very direct and doesn't bullsh*t. I like his style. He says who his suspects are and votes accordingly.

dunnie hasn't done anything else to discuss. Continue ignoring if you want.

Hallia hasn't done anything else to discuss. Continue ignoring if you want.

As far as JiF goes, I don't know him well enough to say one way or another. I've seen him be really townie before and I've seen him be pretty scummy as well (in hindsight). This is a mix of the two. Idk if it's because he's got a lot going on at home or what. Not comfortable naming him either way but he's a suspect to me for now.

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Lemme rephrase so it gets through that thick neanderthal skull of yours.

Dice never has a ton of content. But he's sharp and he's aggressive. This cult thing he's been pushing for two Days is a weak talking point. And even now when it's more or less proven false he's still chasing it. He's scum or he isn't processing information cause his head isn't in the game (understandably)

for you LZM called you 3p specially, IE he gave away his knowledge that you weren't on his team.

80, do you disagree so much with the read or are you just further outing yourself for having a huge crush on me? Dude is playing like a townie. I like him for Town.

JC in my experience is very direct and doesn't bullsh*t. I like his style. He says who his suspects are and votes accordingly.

dunnie hasn't done anything else to discuss. Continue ignoring if you want.

Hallia hasn't done anything else to discuss. Continue ignoring if you want.

As far as JiF goes, I don't know him well enough to say one way or another. I've seen him be really townie before and I've seen him be pretty scummy as well (in hindsight). This is a mix of the two. Idk if it's because he's got a lot going on at home or what. Not comfortable naming him either way but he's a suspect to me for now.

Derp.

"Let me clarify my earlier tl;dr by typing twice as much incoherent tl;dr blather."

Nice work on LMZ.  A good example of, if something pings, it pings.  I should have switched to him when he posted that completely fabricated list.  Oh well, good job whoever got him.

The rush to SMC was pointless though.  I'll look back to see if it anything was super scummy from it.  I do agree with the banter around the mechanics of the most votes get lynched but another time for that debate.

Not sure what to make of Nol.  Part of my reason for voting him was that I could see a scenario where scum would use the potential of a cult as a cover so that town would chase their tails, which happened perfectly.  No consensus lynches thus far and it's down 3 town vs. 1 mafia.  The fact he brought it up, only to ask to drop it, only to then dig in deep that it's real and then be the first to claim it isn't the case, is really ugly.  But ugly doesn't mean scum.  Especially with Nol.  However, the 1 vs. 1 with AJ was ballsy.  Not sure here. 

Pings...Smash and AJ had pings but AJ's was because he moved to LMZ, so it doesn't ping as much in hindsight.  My best bets right now are Smash and Pac.  Both playing like cowards which is much in line with their meta as scum.

20 hours ago, LZM said:

I'll switch to SMC and heed Crushers advice if you will?

20 hours ago, LZM said:

Unvote vote SMC

19 hours ago, Nolder said:

Unvote

Vote SMC

19 hours ago, Nolder said:

I'm counting on the fact that you made a genuine mistake and that that wasn't some lame excuse LZM.

Another bad look from Nol here...

16 hours ago, Nolder said:

That's not accurate. A post filled with comments about cult? Really? That's how you describe saying "please don't be a cult" over and over? A misrep if I've ever seen one.

I believe I've already said this but shortly after making the post I regretted it. It was distracting and stupid and I own that. I tried repeatedly D1 to shut the conversation down.

Geez, defensive much?

Who's misrep'ing who here?  You are 100% responsible for all the cult hysteria that took place in the game.  Denying this is scummy as ****.  Don't back away from it now.  You brought it up, you then told everyone not to talk about it and then you open D2 digging your heels in that this was a cult game and were willing to sacrifice yourself to show that AJ was the cult leader.  And now you really weren't talking about cult?  please. 

Did one of the Aliens steal your memory?  Men in Black style?  Or are you an Alien?

15 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, I told you guys that LZM was scum on D1 when he rando-distance voted Smash, now looking at LZM's flip, and Smash's reaction to me voting him (and him subconsciously reacting to me like he knows I'm town) it proves that Smash is scum, and AJ is a lock as scum after this dance too.

i'm literally not paying attention, got laid off yesterday, and have 3 scum for you - just follow the blueprint

I quit my jobs too Ape!!!!!  I'm like mini retired.  IT's great!!!  

Archived