Nynaeve

Aliens II: Xenomorph Within - Town Wins!!

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm here. Nothing really to comment on yet. Around here the first 7-10 pages is usually just drivel.

That's probably typical everywhere

i remember you being more active in the Hotel California game early on

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm here. Nothing really to comment on yet. Around here the first 7-10 pages is usually just drivel.

Doesn't have to be.  I find that people who discount the value of D1 are the ones who typically make D1 full of "drivel".

Create the world around you.   

9 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

speculation about cult isn't important right now??

why?

5 hours ago, A.J. said:

Why would it be? There's no proof of it currently and I personally doubt there would be anyway. Doesn't match the theme imo

Nyn said scenes would be flavor only, so we likely wouldn't know if there's Cult or not based on the scenes.  Also, I believe we had an Aliens game previously on here that DID have Cult, so I can understand the reasons for discussing it.

16 hours ago, LZM said:

Alrighty then. Let's Vote Smash.

Oh my, that's much easier than DM's bold. 

I think I'm gonna like these forums.

I'll Vote LZM for this vote.  Seemed fairly random for a first vote, especially given that I don't think he's played with Smash before?  I would usually expect a fill-in player to drop a joke/random vote on someone he knows.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nyn said scenes would be flavor only, so we likely wouldn't know if there's Cult or not based on the scenes.  Also, I believe we had an Aliens game previously on here that DID have Cult, so I can understand the reasons for discussing it.

By evidence I meant coroner reports. I saw the post about scenes being for flavor only

i also wasn't aware of the other game so that's good info and makes more sense as to why Nolder brought it up in the first place 

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Interesting post. You mentioned it 80 then everyone else commented. Then you declared it counter productive.

Truth. ok unvote vote Nolder

Read sequence of events again.

80 responded to me. I was not talking to him until he talked to me first.

Looking at what Dice said again...it seems like he's trying to take advantage and stir the pot without seeming to do so in the guise of asking a question.

unvote vote dice

6 minutes ago, Nolder said:

What are you talking about?

You brought up cult first, 80 shot it down, then you responded to him by saying it shouldn't be brought up.

5 minutes ago, SMC said:

You brought up cult first, 80 shot it down, then you responded to him by saying it shouldn't be brought up.

Crusher said I was talking about cult with 80 and that's incorrect I was never talking to 80 until he talked to me first.

This is all rather pointless. Even more so than the cult discussion I tried to drop.

35 minutes ago, Nolder said:

No. I read it once. I want other stuff to read.

28 minutes ago, SMC said:

Nice summary.

37 minutes ago, SMC said:

He told you that we shouldn't discuss it further actually.

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nolder, Nyn said this game would be pretty Vanilla.  Doubt there's cult unless she was f*cking with us.  

20 hours ago, Nolder said:

I am not seriously entertaining the idea...yet, but the flavor does lend itself to a cult game. Also she had to rework her setup several times so who knows.

19 hours ago, SMC said:

Cult wouldn't fit in with the Aliens storyline, but there could be a third party because of Burke (the Company rep who was screwing over everyone to bring back an alien).

There is also a remote possibility that the android could be third party, but in Aliens the android Bishop was good while in the original Alien the android Ashe was bad.  NynMod is a big fan of Aliens, so I would say the android is good.

19 hours ago, Nolder said:

Yeah this is the one where there's a bunch of aliens and a queen.

You don't have to do a cult but the possibility is there regardless.

Anyway it's needless speculation and distraction at the moment.

No need to go down this road just yet.

This is the actual order of events

vote SMC

Vote Count

Nolder (3) - SMC, Dunnie, Crusher

LZM (1) - 80

Crusher (1) - Ape

SMC (1) - AJ

Hallia (1) - JC

JC (1) - Pac

Dice (1) - Nolder

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

3 minutes ago, SMC said:

Nice deflection, AJ

I mean, we can talk about your obvious discrepancy on how you're framing the conversation - or you could just do whatever it is you're doing now.

if what 80 said is true and the last Aliens game here featured a cult it makes sense for Nolder to make that comment. He didn't say "let's talk about the chances of being cult" - I responded to it, 80 responded to it, you responded to it and brought up some other possibilities, and then Nolder said it wasn't important and didn't need to be delved into like it was beginning to be.

i don't see the issue.

Sergeant Apone: All right, sweethearts, you're a team and there's nothin' to worry about. We come here, and we gonna conquer, and we gonna kick some, is that understood? That's what we gonna do, sweethearts, we are going to go and get some. All right, people, on the ready line! Are ya lean?

Marines: Yeah!

Sergeant Apone: Are ya mean?

Marines: Yeah!

Sergeant Apone: WHAT ARE YOU?

Marines: Lean and mean!

Sergeant Apone: WHAT ARE YOU? HUDSON! Get on the ready line, Marines, get some today! Get on the ready line! Move it out! Move it out, goddammit! Get hot! One, two, three, four! Get out, get out, get out! Move it out, move it out, move it out! Move it out, move it out, move it out! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven! Aaarrrrr, absolutely badassess! Let's pack 'em in! Get in there!

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I mean, we can talk about your obvious discrepancy on how you're framing the conversation - or you could just do whatever it is you're doing now.

if what 80 said is true and the last Aliens game here featured a cult it makes sense for Nolder to make that comment. He didn't say "let's talk about the chances of being cult" - I responded to it, 80 responded to it, you responded to it and brought up some other possibilities, and then Nolder said it wasn't important and didn't need to be delved into like it was beginning to be.

i don't see the issue.

Obvious discrepancy?  Nolder said that 80 was the first to bring up cult, but that simply wasn't true.  80 didn't mention cult or the prior Alien game BEFORE Nolder made his cult post.

That's the point.  Nolder brought up an irrelevant point, perhaps to seem townish, and 80 responded, as did I, to say he was offbase in thinking there was a cult possibility.  Nolder, for some reason, perhaps to deflect, claimed that he wasn't first to bring it up (which isn't true, since he was) and claim it isn't important.

Cult or no cult isn't the issue.  The issue is Nolder making an overt townie demonstration (dreading the existence of cult), then claiming he only did it in response to someone else, when that wasn't true.

What is also interesting is that you and Nolder had a little show of disagreement, but now you're jumping to his defense.  You have even gone so far as to vote for me.  That is high-level of deflection.

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

This is the actual order of events

vote SMC

BTW, that's not the actual order of events because you missed Nolder's first post bringing up cult unprompted, which I showed in sequence.