Aliens II: Xenomorph Within - Town Wins!!

Gone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SMC said:

I'll put it aside and note that your and AJ's tagteam is revealing.

I just have one question:  what is the "lie" you're referring to?

I feel like the chain of events is being misrepresented but honestly it doesn't even matter.

We've got less than 10 pages anyone can just go read and see what happened I don't want to go over it again and again to the point of distraction.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

I agree, except for the fact that Nolder initially claimed that he didn't bring it up first. That is the suspicious issue.

That's not what I said though. This is one of those misrepresentations I'm talking about.

What I said was...

On 9/6/2017 at 7:26 PM, Nolder said:

Actually I didn't. 80 kind of drew me into the conversation.

I agree that it is counterproductive to speculate on such things at this time and would drop the conversation.

I didn't is in answer to saying I speculated on there being a cult.

Maybe it's semantics in your eyes but all I did was make kind of a jokey post saying "please no cult" over and over.

That's not my way of speculating whether there is a cult or isn't.

If I were to speculate I would go over how many players we have, possibility with a mafia team vs a cult, flavor, etc.

I dipped a little into flavor but then I backed off because this kind of speculation is a distraction at this point and I really think it's for the best if we stop talking about it at least until we have a night phase to judge.

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

What is your read on SMC

Hard to say. I was never good at reading him and he's been gone for awhile.

I would say he's eager to jump back into the game.

Could be a scum tell or could be he's just ready to play some mafia after a long absence.

13 minutes ago, Nolder said:

As you can see I never denied bringing up cult first but that's not speculating. Again, maybe it's semantics but I think it's an important difference when you're trying to make me seem guilty for it.

This is what I said SMC was misrepping

29 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Hard to say. I was never good at reading him and he's been gone for awhile.

I would say he's eager to jump back into the game.

Could be a scum tell or could be he's just ready to play some mafia after a long absence.

Would agree about eager. At least he's posting though I don't think it would be a tell either way.

the way he presented his case earlier where he added some personal interpretations sort rubbed me the wrong way because it comes across like narrative spinning and I find that scummy.

Idk if that's how he normally plays or not

4 hours ago, SMC said:

I'll put it aside and note that your and AJ's tagteam is revealing.

I just have one question:  what is the "lie" you're referring to?

it reveals what to you?

11 hours ago, Nolder said:

Looking at what Dice said again...it seems like he's trying to take advantage and stir the pot without seeming to do so in the guise of asking a question.

unvote vote dice

headdesk.jpg

16 hours ago, Nolder said:

Crusher said I was talking about cult with 80 and that's incorrect I was never talking to 80 until he talked to me first.

This is all rather pointless. Even more so than the cult discussion I tried to drop.

Don't like.  Your dismissing everything that has happened revolving around you bringing up the possibility of a cult.  Everything is pointless until you say otherwise?

15 hours ago, A.J. said:

I mean, we can talk about your obvious discrepancy on how you're framing the conversation - or you could just do whatever it is you're doing now.

if what 80 said is true and the last Aliens game here featured a cult it makes sense for Nolder to make that comment. He didn't say "let's talk about the chances of being cult" - I responded to it, 80 responded to it, you responded to it and brought up some other possibilities, and then Nolder said it wasn't important and didn't need to be delved into like it was beginning to be.

i don't see the issue.

I like this post.  I had no problem with Nold bringing up the thought of a cult.  What I don't like is how he's played and responded to everyone since then.

14 hours ago, SMC said:

Obvious discrepancy?  Nolder said that 80 was the first to bring up cult, but that simply wasn't true.  80 didn't mention cult or the prior Alien game BEFORE Nolder made his cult post.

That's the point.  Nolder brought up an irrelevant point, perhaps to seem townish, and 80 responded, as did I, to say he was offbase in thinking there was a cult possibility.  Nolder, for some reason, perhaps to deflect, claimed that he wasn't first to bring it up (which isn't true, since he was) and claim it isn't important.

Cult or no cult isn't the issue.  The issue is Nolder making an overt townie demonstration (dreading the existence of cult), then claiming he only did it in response to someone else, when that wasn't true.

What is also interesting is that you and Nolder had a little show of disagreement, but now you're jumping to his defense.  You have even gone so far as to vote for me.  That is high-level of deflection.

Another good post.  MAFIA BITCHES!!!!  SMC IS BACK!!!!

13 hours ago, LZM said:

It sure was a random vote. No I haven't played with Smash before. And you should probably throw your new guy rule book out the window, it won't do ya any good in regards to me.

I just noticed your avatar.  Are you doing a selfie in the mirror of a bathroom?  

This is important.  Could be vote worthy

11 hours ago, Nolder said:

Ok let's all take a step back.

What was said can be read in order by anyone who wants to. There is no need to argue over it further. If some people want to lie about what was said and vote me that's fine because they are only exposing themselves as dishonest to the rest of the game.

Let's move on from what was said. It's becoming a distraction we don't need.

Don't like even more.  You bring something up to set the conversation and now you're dictating what we can and should be talking about and what is meaningful and what isn't?  Don't like it, my little cutie pie. 

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Don't like even more.  You bring something up to set the conversation and now you're dictating what we can and should be talking about and what is meaningful and what isn't?  Don't like it, my little cutie pie. 

Just the initial post in itself is terrible. Wall of text, no ones gonna miss it. Nolder basically screams" please don't be cult" 

Basically he  farted then denied it was his and contributed that " farting was a bad idea" to the room. 

On 9/6/2017 at 8:14 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Nolder, Nyn said this game would be pretty Vanilla.  Doubt there's cult unless she was f*cking with us.  

Pls no cult.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:13 PM, Smashmouth said:

Keto 

right !

Keto is pretty effective!  You can still have some hard liquors, if memory serves.

On 9/7/2017 at 7:30 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Just realized Hallia is playing.  Vote Hallia

Come out and play.

D'aw, you missed me :wub:

On 9/7/2017 at 9:04 AM, Pac said:

Pretty sure I'm gonna claim scum soon.

And you haven't changed a bit.  XD

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just the initial post in itself is terrible. Wall of text, no ones gonna miss it. Nolder basically screams" please don't be cult" 

Basically he  farted then denied it was his and contributed that " farting was a bad idea" to the room. 

I bask in the glory of my own farts. 

16 hours ago, A.J. said:

This is the actual order of events

vote SMC

16 hours ago, A.J. said:

I mean, we can talk about your obvious discrepancy on how you're framing the conversation - or you could just do whatever it is you're doing now.

if what 80 said is true and the last Aliens game here featured a cult it makes sense for Nolder to make that comment. He didn't say "let's talk about the chances of being cult" - I responded to it, 80 responded to it, you responded to it and brought up some other possibilities, and then Nolder said it wasn't important and didn't need to be delved into like it was beginning to be.

i don't see the issue.

14 hours ago, SMC said:

Obvious discrepancy?  Nolder said that 80 was the first to bring up cult, but that simply wasn't true.  80 didn't mention cult or the prior Alien game BEFORE Nolder made his cult post.

That's the point.  Nolder brought up an irrelevant point, perhaps to seem townish, and 80 responded, as did I, to say he was offbase in thinking there was a cult possibility.  Nolder, for some reason, perhaps to deflect, claimed that he wasn't first to bring it up (which isn't true, since he was) and claim it isn't important.

Cult or no cult isn't the issue.  The issue is Nolder making an overt townie demonstration (dreading the existence of cult), then claiming he only did it in response to someone else, when that wasn't true.

What is also interesting is that you and Nolder had a little show of disagreement, but now you're jumping to his defense.  You have even gone so far as to vote for me.  That is high-level of deflection.

14 hours ago, SMC said:

BTW, that's not the actual order of events because you missed Nolder's first post bringing up cult unprompted, which I showed in sequence.

13 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Vote 80.  Mountain out of a molehill.  Since when do we care what newbies do and why do you think they must act like you would?

12 hours ago, Nolder said:

Ok let's all take a step back.

What was said can be read in order by anyone who wants to. There is no need to argue over it further. If some people want to lie about what was said and vote me that's fine because they are only exposing themselves as dishonest to the rest of the game.

Let's move on from what was said. It's becoming a distraction we don't need.

What I got from this is that Nolder, AJ, and JC sounding townish.  SMC not so much.

11 minutes ago, Hallia said:

What I got from this is that Nolder, AJ, and JC sounding townish.  SMC not so much.

How does Nolders wall of text post help the town? 

Agree on JC. 

SMC is playing like a boss and is excited. Pretty sure  he ignored my first vote on him. Thought that was  odd because Im a pretty big deal. I'm ok with a watchful eye on him for now.

APE either has PR or his daughter is posting in his stead.

AJ is defending Nolder like a townie would. 

As of now I would like a Nolder lynch.  With a side of a Spooty lynch. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Don't like.  Your dismissing everything that has happened revolving around you bringing up the possibility of a cult.  Everything is pointless until you say otherwise?

That's not what I'm trying to do. What I'm saying is that discussing it ad nasuem is a pointless thing to do when you can just go back and read what was said.

You said this, no I said this, but you left out that, because that was about something else, so you admit you lied, no it was irrelevant, this this and this is what you said and that's irrelevant, but you left out this thing that's the relevant part, well I think it's all relevant, but I typed it and it's not, this is what you typed, yes that's what I typed but again that thing there was about a different subject......................................

Do you see? We're going to post 50 pages about 5 pages (less actually) of posts.

Say what you gotta say, vote how you're gonna vote. Let's not clog up the game arguing about it.

You got something to say then do so and move on.

Don't like doing this Day 1 but the way things are going I might not get a Day 2 so I'll post some early reads.

List of incubators:

1. 80 - Good form, leaning townie. He's been able to fake his town tells very well lately though so eh.

2. SMC - Like I said before he seems eager to jump right into the thick of things. Could be a scum tell or just a guy ready to play mafia after a long time mostly null.

3. Spoot - Did he even post yet? I don't remember him saying anything.

4. JC - Looks good, early to say but a gut feeling would have me put him as probably town.

5. Nolder

6. Pac - Too early to tell. Made a relevant joke. I'd say he's watching carefully.

7. Ape - Busy, irrelevant, null.

8. Crusher - Not sure yet. 

9. JiF - Coming out the gate swinging. Giving his thoughts on players. Town lean.

10. AJ - Agreeable with me early on which set off alarms and now appears to be buddying me. The bad thing is buddying works on me so I don't want to condemn him for it. Cautious town lean.

11. Hallia - Just entered the game, gave basic thoughts on a few players. It's a lean start but it's something so I'll town lean it for now.

12. dice - scum lean, to me it looked like he made a post trying to keep the argument going and then when I said so he didn't deny it he brushed it off with a meme.

13. LZM - null

14. Dunnie - PR? Roleplaying? I want to see more because this guy really confused me early on.

15. Smash - Lives up to his reputation of being useless D1. I'd lynch him just for the hell of it.

Archived