Aliens II: Xenomorph Within - Town Wins!!

Gone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nolder said:

I just ******* hate cults man. But whatever let the CL manipulate you. It'll come back to bite him eventually either way so I'm not fussed.

If it really is a cult game I kinda don't care about this game anymore anyways.  So my only recourse is to assume it's not a cult game and scum hunt (poorly) as per usual.

Gaming the setup if "cult" aspects means there's 1 egg-laying Queen and three warriors (regular aliens).  The eggs release the facehuggers, which attack other players and implant an embryo.  I'm thinking, mechanics wise, that the impregnated do not know that they've been attacked.  Otherwise there is nothing stopping an impregnated soldier (i.e.) from announcing he or she is impregnated. Now, to make it cool, the unknowingly pregnated soldier will, perhaps, in one day cycle become a full blown warrior (i.e., scum).

So scum would have a night choice: impregnate or kill. Perhaps it alternates a night or they can't use both on a single night for balance.

I still like my foursome until we hit scum, so I'm happy with either AJ or Nolder.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Good point. 

I don't think so.  Closest thing to a doc would be that cyborg guy who helps them. 

No cult in their right mind would ever, ever recruit me. 

That's true...you'd probably bus the CL in some crazy gambit lol.

Ok guys 80 is clear.

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

Gaming the setup if "cult" aspects means there's 1 egg-laying Queen and three warriors (regular aliens).  The eggs release the facehuggers, which attack other players and implant an embryo.  I'm thinking, mechanics wise, that the impregnated do not know that they've been attacked.  Otherwise there is nothing stopping an impregnated soldier (i.e.) from announcing he or she is impregnated. Now, to make it cool, the unknowingly pregnated soldier will, perhaps, in one day cycle become a full blown warrior (i.e., scum).

So scum would have a night choice: impregnate or kill. Perhaps it alternates a night or they can't use both on a single night for balance.

I still like my foursome until we hit scum, so I'm happy with either AJ or Nolder.

So who are you impregnating tonight?  That slut JiF?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If it really is a cult game I kinda don't care about this game anymore anyways.  So my only recourse is to assume it's not a cult game and scum hunt (poorly) as per usual.

If the mechanics are right, it could be a cult game with a twist.  The impregnated likely don't know they're carrying an alien embryo for at least one phase.  That means we still can isolate.  It adds a wrinkle worth keeping invested.  But you can poorly scum hunt as well.  We won't know the difference.

Just now, SMC said:

If the mechanics are right, it could be a cult game with a twist.  The impregnated likely don't know they're carrying an alien embryo for at least one phase.  That means we still can isolate.  It adds a wrinkle worth keeping invested.  But you can poorly scum hunt as well.  We won't know the difference.

^^ This guy is creative AF

I want to play your Inception game again.

4 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

vote nolder

he seems to have cult on the brain. I read that scene and thought doc  not sure how he jumps    again     to cult

I really don't see why you would think doc. I mean if I'm being honest both explanations seem equally valid. It wasn't exactly a meaty scene and besides which...

Nyn told us specifically that she isn't putting info into her scenes. I am taking the fact that there was no kill as evidence not so much the scene.

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

I like those odds. I suggest people split their votes between myself and AJ. I'll take the hit if he's really that much more believable than I am.

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Don't start distancing now, you're busted.

Breaking Bad. It's one of the few games I've played here so I remember it well.

Awww yeah I remember that one now that you mention it.

I actually really liked that setup but it just didn't play how I thought it would.

Archived