Hurricane Irma - Part Two

Maxman

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The first thread was locked because of politics. Let's leave Red Cross and politics out of this. Just wanted to have a thread on this, we have a lot of posters in Florida and we hope they all stay safe!

Thanks for reconsidering Max.

It looks like the stuff will start hitting the fan in Fla. on Sunday.

174437_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

26 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Expect the NFL will move the Dolphins/Bucs to Friday night. 

NFL network just reported game will not be played Sunday in Miami, haven't decided on final plans for game, both teams share a bye week thou later in the season.  

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

time to start watching Jose as well

Irma may set wind speed records for an atlantic hurricane

please take all warnings seriously peeps

seems like we always seem to get these warnings every year.   i bet lots of people just ignored the harvey warnings also.  

In Sarasota.  Gulf Coast almost half way up.  Many places are totally cleaned out of bottled water, fuel, etc.

Banks are busier than hell... people pulling out cash left and right for travel money and/or in case of power outages.  Lots of people in varying degrees of nervous. 

57 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

when do we get a little better sense of where this is going to hit?  it appears to me that by tomorrow evening it will be closer to land and perhaps a better sense of the path?  or does that not make sense.

The path will keep updating as it moves and more data is collected.  But the headline here is, it is very likely going to gobsmack Florida.  Maybe all of it.  The good news is Texas will probably be spared a 2nd hit.  The bad news is Florida is probably going to take a severe beating.  It could all change very quickly though so keep monitoring right up until a few hours from landfall and if you are in a mandatory evacuation area, I'd listen.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The path will keep updating as it moves and more data is collected.  But the headline here is, it is very likely going to gobsmack Florida.  Maybe all of it.  The good news is Texas will probably be spared a 2nd hit.  The bad news is Florida is probably going to take a severe beating.  It could all change very quickly though so keep monitoring right up until a few hours from landfall and if you are in a mandatory evacuation area, I'd listen.

Yeah, last year an hour before Mathew was supposed to make landfall very close to me, it just changed directions

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

usually the cookie monster gives us all the info we need

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

feel like this happens a lot.  people might get sick of listening and that can turn out to be a big mistake.

Really isn't all that much you can do.  Put the storm shutters up (Friday) secure the kayaks, and pray.  If you live on a barrier island, get off it

The wife and I are thinking of making the move from Chicago to st Petersburg. We're carefully watching the path this storm takes. I really hope everyone will be ok. Could be a serious mess if this storm hits land as hard as they're predicting. Good luck to all our forum members in FL.

8 minutes ago, the Claw said:

The wife and I are thinking of making the move from Chicago to st Petersburg. We're carefully watching the path this storm takes. I really hope everyone will be ok. Could be a serious mess if this storm hits land as hard as they're predicting. Good luck to all our forum members in FL.

Family and friends all considering a move to NC,SC or Florida but it seems most hurricanes hit them pretty hard. 

3 minutes ago, billo83 said:

I live in South Florida and I'm definitely getting out of town, actually flying up to Minnesota. Doesn't make any sense to take any chances if you can leave. Luckily I can work remotely for my company

My ex-wife and son still live in the FL Keys.

I talked to her today and I told her if Irma stays on this track to be on the road heading out of the Keys no later than Thursday morning.

Fortunately she was very agreeable to my suggestion.

29 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

My ex-wife and son still live in the FL Keys.

I talked to her today and I told her if Irma stays on this track to be on the road heading out of the Keys no later than Thursday morning.

Fortunately she was very agreeable to my suggestion.

I believe there is now a mandatory evacuation for the keys for thursday but I think I would be gone by then.

17 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

I believe there is now a mandatory evacuation for the keys for thursday but I think I would be gone by then.

I know there is already an evacuation order in place for the tourists effective today - but I'm not sure when it is going into effect for the local residents.

Either way, as long as they are on the road early Thursday morning, they have plenty of time to get where they are going well in advance of the storm.

Archived