Hurricane Irma - Part Two

Maxman

Just now, flgreen said:

The latest models have this monster trending to the west.  Don't be stunned to be seeing this bitch on Tuesday

If by 'west; you mean Tampa, Ft Myers, OK. Not one comes close to be even whispering the word 'evacuation' in P-Cola or Alabama. And this means she can't come in today? Seriously? I wonder what happens if I say, "OK, I guess I can take you off the schedule until the storm passes then. Since you're evacuating and all.' Come on, man. 

Irma Spaghetti Model

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

If by 'west; you mean Tampa, Ft Myers, OK. Not one comes close to be even whispering the word 'evacuation' in P-Cola or Alabama. And this means she can't come in today? Seriously? I wonder what happens if I say, "OK, I guess I can take you off the schedule until the storm passes then. Since you're evacuating and all.' Come on, man. 

Irma Spaghetti Model

LOL, sorry didn't mean to get you all riled.  I live on the east coast, and on Wed., when we were right in the cross hair of all the models for a Sunday land fall, I closed so my employees could prepare for it. Clients didn't like it much, but I'm to old to worry about that crap.

Been in Florida 30 years, seen dozens of hurricanes, most of them have just been a royal pain in the rear.  This one is a different breed of cat.  REAL killer storm.  For all I know the models could have it back on the east coast tomorrow.  Could also have it out in the Gulf.  

With that said, calling in tomorrow on the Bama coast is a bit of a reach.   

26 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL, sorry didn't mean to get you all riled.  I live on the east coast, and on Wed., when we were right in the cross hair of all the models for a Sunday land fall, I closed so my employees could prepare for it. Clients didn't like it much, but I'm to old to worry about that crap.

Been in Florida 30 years, seen dozens of hurricanes, most of them have just been a royal pain in the rear.  This one is a different breed of cat.  REAL killer storm.  For all I know the models could have it back on the east coast tomorrow.  Could also have it out in the Gulf.  

With that said, calling in tomorrow on the Bama coast is a bit of a reach.   

Oh, no, she's trying to call in this afternoon.

I was in Ft Myers for Charlie and then Sandy. Hurricanes suck. Stay safe dude.

33 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Oh, no, she's trying to call in this afternoon.

I was in Ft Myers for Charlie and then Sandy. Hurricanes suck. Stay safe dude.

LOL

I was in Stuart in 04 when it was struck with the eye of both hurricane Frances,  and Jeanne in 3 weeks.  What a mess.  Lots of damage, almost everyone lost their roof.  Three weeks later everything was back to normal.  

Every national media had live crews after the storms in a trailer park that was right on the water of the Ft Pierce Inlet.  It was demolished.  The  media acted like the whole area was Hiroshima.  My sister called from Vegas after seeing it on TV in a panic.  LOL

This storm is different.  This is more like Katrina

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I suck it up by sh*tcanning slackers and lazy people. The work ethic here on the beach is pathetic. These people wouldn't make it a week up north. 

Sounds like an awesome place to make minimum wage, I'm almost shocked this person choose family over you, lol

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

I have an employee trying to call out saying her family might evacuate. The only thing is I'm in Orange Beach, AL by Pensacola. Man oh man do I hate opportunists. 

I am in Sarasota.  Was strongly considering leaving early yesterday (Thursday morn)... until the tracker had virtually every path several miles off the Atlantic Coast.  Decided to stay home.

Here we are just 36 hours later, and could be staring at a near direct hit.

If the experts can miss by that much, you sure as hell don't know where this storm is headed. 

18 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am in Sarasota.  Was strongly considering leaving early yesterday (Thursday morn)... until the tracker had virtually every path several miles off the Atlantic Coast.  Decided to stay home.

Here we are just 36 hours later, and could be staring at a near direct hit.

If the experts can miss by that much, you sure as hell don't know where this storm is headed. 

Yea thats the roll of the dice. Its not an exact science. Looks like tampa might ve in for a rough ride. Not worried about my life but am worried for my uninsured camper to get demolished and my new yamaha 25 outboard winding up a few miles away in a tree

39 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I suck it up by sh*tcanning slackers and lazy people. The work ethic here on the beach is pathetic. These people wouldn't make it a week up north. 

Got to disagree.  I have a few employees that have been with me for over 20 years.  Made me lots of money.  When they came in on Wed. asking to go home to prepare , I really didn't want to do it, I knew what the back lash from my clients would be.  Then I thought I wouldn't have any clients if it wasn't for their loyalty.

said screw it.  I'll deal with the clients on Monday.

46 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Had a similar situation during Hurricane Sandy. The despicable losers that work for me wanted to leave early to protect their children or some sh*t, so I took one of the interns out to the company fountain and drowned him in front of everyone. After he stopped twitching, I looked my staff in the eye and said, simply, "Loyalty." 

While Jet9 won't win any sensitivity awards he's getting a bit of a bum rap.  He said the girl was trying to call in today which is a bit of a reach.  And he's right...  majority of millennials or younger have a pretty terrible work ethic.  Most watch youtube and play with their phones 60% of the day.  

28 minutes ago, Pac said:

While Jet9 won't win any sensitivity awards he's getting a bit of a bum rap.  He said the girl was trying to call in today which is a bit of a reach.  And he's right...  majority of millennials or younger have a pretty terrible work ethic.  Most watch youtube and play with their phones 60% of the day.  

As opposed to those sturdy Gen-Y farmhands who built this nation while simultaneously trying to outwit Klacko in an internet chat room game that works suspiciously like Spin the Bottle, but is played alone, sitting in a dark room, waiting for a pizza that you'll try to pay for with expired coupons that you xeroxed at the library.

8 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

April is for the poor.

New Jersey has a unique vacation week in April, the only state in the country to get this particular week off.  It's the absolute best time and best weather to get to the Caribbean and there are no crowds, we practically have the place to ourselves.

We vacation in February as well.  "Poor".  Yup.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

New Jersey has a unique vacation week in April, the only state in the country to get this particular week off.  It's the absolute best time and best weather to get to the Caribbean and there are no crowds, we practically have the place to ourselves.

We vacation in February as well.  "Poor".  Yup.

SAR I

SAR, I've got a biker bar that you would absolutely love.  Place is right off a Hollywood movie set.  Semi open air, usually an OK "Country Rock" band playing. Reasonably priced beer, and perhaps the best cheese burger on the planet, at a cheap price. Crowd really looks rough. Any Late Sunday afternoon They'll be at least 200 Harley's in the parking lot.  The dump is about a block off an absolutely beautiful beach. 

Interesting thing  is, the riders of these Hogs are mostly accountants, lawyers, cops, corporation executives, both working and retried, insurance salesman, upper middle income cube players down here on vacation, and a couple of 10%ers just to spice the place up.  The average cost of those scoots in the parking lot is probably $40,000.

People have the money to live a fantasy.  Hell, why not?  I'm telling ya, you'll love the place. :)

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Had a similar situation during Hurricane Sandy. The despicable losers that work for me wanted to leave early to protect their children or some sh*t, so I took one of the interns out to the company fountain and drowned him in front of everyone. After he stopped twitching, I looked my staff in the eye and said, simply, "Loyalty." 

I find it hard to believe anyone would hire you for a job that has you in charge of other people. The world is scarier than I even knew.

You might be the only English major who has people working for him.  

Unless your employees main job is to say "would you like fries with that"

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Got to disagree.  I have a few employees that have been with me for over 20 years.  Made me lots of money.  When they came in on Wed. asking to go home to prepare , I really didn't want to do it, I knew what the back lash from my clients would be.  Then I thought I wouldn't have any clients if it wasn't for their loyalty.

said screw it.  I'll deal with the clients on Monday.

What type of clients won't understand. Crazy. 

Never faced anything like this in my life.  Lots of scared people... and most of those that aren't, really don't seem to grasp what is coming.

Spending hours/days prepping, conversation after conversation going over worst case scenarios, watching weather channels most of the day...

6 hours ago, Pac said:

Thank you. I guess I should also mention that a former Brooklynite actually recruited me from BK  to come down here. They posted ads on Craigslist NY, DC, Boston, Philly, Atlanta, and Miami. But yeah, I'M the a$$hole. 

25 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Never faced anything like this in my life.  Lots of scared people... and most of those that aren't, really don't seem to grasp what is coming.

Spending hours/days prepping, conversation after conversation going over worst case scenarios, watching weather channels most of the day...

Do grasp the gravity of the situation just comfortable with the preparation and will deal with the resulting outcome. Have always been one that deals with the known no time or desire to be overly concerned with the unknown.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Aways with the hyperbole, Benigno. 

8 hours ago, RSJ said:

My parents are in Naples, Florida. They spend most of the year down there. Hoping and praying everyone is safe down there.

I'm in Naples also and decided to go to my sisters for the storm even though I can't stand my brother-in-law.. Hopefully my last words aren't look mom I can fly..:)

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

As opposed to those sturdy Gen-Y farmhands who built this nation while simultaneously trying to outwit Klacko in an internet chat room game that works suspiciously like Spin the Bottle, but is played alone, sitting in a dark room, waiting for a pizza that you'll try to pay for with expired coupons that you xeroxed at the library.

Shows ingenuity that the current generation doesn't have. They're just as lazy but at least they try to hide it. 

21 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

My brother lives on the beach in Daytona. Almost everyone in his building has left. And he's going, too.  2nd time in either two or three years they've evacuated due to a hurricane. We like it there and considered eventually moving there too. But not now. 

We've lived in Florida for 30 years, I've only evacuated once, last year for Mathew and when we got back, we never even lost power and probably shouldn't have left and I live on the beach in Jax. 

Im not saying to take these things lightly but evacuating isn't common. 

Archived