Jump to content
AFJF

Craig carton arrested by FBI

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

This actually helps carton a little. Legally he's still in big trouble but ripping off a hedge fund looks better than ripping off average ticket buyers. Plus the hedge fund looks incompetent for not vetting Carson. Either way, I think his career in New York is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

I think I listened to that show once or twice and he was insufferable.  I think he's a local Skip Bayless, trying really hard to irk the fans.  His career in radio should be over I'm guessing.  

Although I do think gambling addiction can be pretty devastating once you get hooked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, win4ever said:

I think I listened to that show once or twice and he was insufferable.  I think he's a local Skip Bayless, trying really hard to irk the fans.  His career in radio should be over I'm guessing.  

Although I do think gambling addiction can be pretty devastating once you get hooked. 

I bet it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I'm one of the few that really liked the show.  Always have been a Boomer fan, how,someone doesn't like him I'll never know. Anyway here's what I found shocking, Carton only made $250 k a year.  It has consistently been the number one rated morning drive show in the biggest media market so I don't get that.

     NOW who replaces Carton? That is the big question for WFAN moving forward. I hope it's another Jet fan, because we need someone to suffer with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

I guess I'm one of the few that really liked the show.  Always have been a Boomer fan, how,someone doesn't like him I'll never know. Anyway here's what I found shocking, Carton only made $250 k a year.  It has consistently been the number one rated morning drive show in the biggest media market so I don't get that.

     NOW who replaces Carton? That is the big question for WFAN moving forward. I hope it's another Jet fan, because we need someone to suffer with. 

I don't know how anyone could possibly like that show, but to each his own, right?.  The number of times I'd tune in and literally listen to almost an hour of "sports" radio with no mention of sports made it a complete waste of time for sports fans.  When it was "sports" talk, it was an hour of unfunny shots at different teams and players.

250K is insanely generous for what he did.  I'd have guessed much less than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few thoughts:

- we're a nation of laws and innocent until proven guilty, but the feds don't show up at your door at 3:45 in the morning unless they've got you dead to rights. Whatever he's been accused of, he did it and they can prove it.

- is it any surprise that Carton is a degenerate gambler and got in deep with the mob? You could have listened to the show for a day and figured that one out.

- there's no way to bring him back to WFAN. Is it really responsible to have him talking about point spreads and locks of the week after this?

- his wife and kids I really feel sorry for. I think he's got a couple of special needs kids and his wife didn't know she was marrying a criminal(I think). Their lives are about to drastically change and not for the better.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole situation really highlights the absolute hypocrisy of "sports talk radio".  Because if
this situation happened to an athlete WFAN would be covering it ALL DAY, EVERYDAY.  Bringing on
different analysts for their takes on the situation until you would vomit.  But now because it's
one of their own they shut up, really?  Thank God I don't listen anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

A few thoughts:

- we're a nation of laws and innocent until proven guilty, but the feds don't show up at your door at 3:45 in the morning unless they've got you dead to rights. Whatever he's been accused of, he did it and they can prove it.

- is it any surprise that Carton is a degenerate gambler and got in deep with the mob? You could have listened to the show for a day and figured that one out.

- there's no way to bring him back to WFAN. Is it really responsible to have him talking about point spreads and locks of the week after this?

- his wife and kids I really feel sorry for. I think he's got a couple of special needs kids and his wife didn't know she was marrying a criminal(I think). Their lives are about to drastically change and not for the better.

 

 

Ugh - the story gets even worse.  Awful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

A few thoughts:

- we're a nation of laws and innocent until proven guilty, but the feds don't show up at your door at 3:45 in the morning unless they've got you dead to rights. Whatever he's been accused of, he did it and they can prove it.

- is it any surprise that Carton is a degenerate gambler and got in deep with the mob? You could have listened to the show for a day and figured that one out.

- there's no way to bring him back to WFAN. Is it really responsible to have him talking about point spreads and locks of the week after this?

- his wife and kids I really feel sorry for. I think he's got a couple of special needs kids and his wife didn't know she was marrying a criminal(I think). Their lives are about to drastically change and not for the better.

 

 

Agree on all points , he's going to federal prison that's already a certainty, just a matter of for how long .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EM31 said:

His salary is "only" $250K per year?

Am I the only one who is surprised by how low that is?

It does seem low for a base , but after massive bonuses for ratings wins coupled with all the other stuff he does , I would think he's still pulling in well over a million a year salary . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never ever listened to B and C in the mornings BECAUSE of Carton...he was absolutely unlistenable to me.  With that being said, you don't want to see anyone go to jail, ever.  Carton is a complete moron and fool and I am not surprised he got himself into this mess.  Glad I won't have to listen to him or come near him on the dial in the mornings ever again...that's the good news here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Maxman said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Couldn't believe he wasn't making like $700k.

$700k?  It's not like he's the webmaster of a Jets discussion board.  Speaking of Jets boards, this reminds of the time that Sooth absconded with the JI premium membership fees when he sold his site members down the river.  Lot's of wheeling and dealing behind the scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't want to see anyone go to jail, ever?  I don't want to see people bilked in a Ponzi scheme, ever.  

; )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Why is this thread on the main forum?  Shouldn't this be an off-topic thread?  Has nothing to do with football and nothing to do with the Jets.

Funny what does and does not get accepted as a thread some days.

Because the Jets suck and no one cares about the Jets. Cool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Because the Jets suck and no one cares about the Jets. Cool?

Not really, but if it brings you pleasure to obsess over and jerk off about NY "media" personalities, have at it I suppose.  

Just don't mention the red cross or Colin Kap or you'll get the thread locked ina heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warfish said:

Not really, but if it brings you pleasure to obsess over and jerk off about NY "media" personalities, have at it I suppose.  

Just don't mention the red cross or Colin Kap or you'll get the thread locked ina heartbeat.

The Jets suck.  No one is jerking off.  Just discussing. Carry on.  Don't you have a big game to be preparing for this weekend? Should be a real doozy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

The Jets suck.  No one is jerking off.  Just discussing. Carry on.  Don't you have a big game to be preparing for this weekend? Should be a real doozy!

Mocking a Jets fan, on a Jets Fan forum, for watching a Jets game.  Troll Inception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy Meli appears to be the mastermind (in reality quite the opposite) and seems to have made a career out of defrauding investors.  It's amazing how many investors are quite happy to participate in gouging the average ticket buyer though.  Carton did manage to buy a significant block of tickets though. Venues siphoning off tickets to bulk buyers is immoral if not illegal.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EM31 said:

His salary is "only" $250K per year?

Am I the only one who is surprised by how low that is?

I think it's been reported that this is wrong, it's much more.

Not sure where it started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Green DNA said:

$700k?  It's not like he's the webmaster of a Jets discussion board.  Speaking of Jets boards, this reminds of the time that Sooth absconded with the JI premium membership fees when he sold his site members down the river.  Lot's of wheeling and dealing behind the scene.

Did I write 700k or did you edit that from 250? lol.

Someone told me today his actual compensation was like 2 million per year (per Sid Rosenberg).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southtown24th said:

The Jets suck.  No one is jerking off.  Just discussing. Carry on.  Don't you have a big game to be preparing for this weekend? Should be a real doozy!

 

2942013-insta.gif

 

Speak for yourself ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×