Bowles can't name backup QB

AFJF

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A second year, second round pick who was given a full year to do absolutely nothing can't outright win a ******* backup gig. I hate to call second round picks busts, but holy crap Mac.

When every pick he's made (other than Leonard Williams) seems to range between off-the-team, sucks, and marginally competent... I think it's safe to call all of his picks busts, except the one gift-wrapped by Scot McClown from the Redskins.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A second year, second round pick who was given a full year to do absolutely nothing can't outright win a ******* backup gig. I hate to call second round picks busts, but holy crap Mac.

And this is the guy who's going to be picking our next "franchise" QB in 2018, assuming the tank works.  YIPEEE!!!

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A second year, second round pick who was given a year to do absolutely nothing can't win a ******* backup gig. I hate to call 2nd round picks busts, but holy crap Mac.

Hey, don't blame Hack. Petty is just tough competition. He's been dreaming of being the backup QB to a 38 year old never was ever since he was in diapers.

And Hack practically still is in diapers, so he has a long way to go.

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Not defending Hackenturd or Toilet Bowles but the overrating of Bryce Petty based on 2 preseason games facing third stringers is mind-boggling.

Phil I dont think putting Petty ahead of Hack on the depth chart is overrating him by any means.

I dont know if there is any roster Hack would be #2 on.

This just reeks of Macc refusing to concede his project QB was a gamble that he lost.

4 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Phil I dont think putting Petty ahead of Hack on the depth chart is overrating him by any means.

I dont know if there is there any roster Hack would be #2 on.

This just reeks of Macc refusing to concede his project QB was a gamble that he lost.

Perhaps.  Macagnan is having a little bit of a meltdown regarding how humiliatingly bad Hackentard is

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When every pick he's made (other than Leonard Williams) seems to range between off-the-team, sucks, and marginally competent... I think it's safe to call all of his picks busts, except the one gift-wrapped by Scot McClown from the Redskins.

"I think he's done a pretty good job overall"

"There's still a lot of potential and a lot of future starters: Leo, Smith, Mauldin, Lee, Hackenberg, Shell, Burris, and absolute steals like Simon and Peake." (Never mind that Leo is the only one any team wants, beyond maybe 3rd string depth and camp fodder).

@gEYno put it best: anyone who thinks Todd Bowles is the reason the Jets are an unprecedented 1000:1 odds to win the SB needs to think about their stance harder.

Or something like that. He made it little short on the commentary length for my taste, but whatever.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

"I think he's done a pretty good job overall"

"There's still a lot of potential and a lot of future starters: Leo, Smith, Mauldin, Lee, Hackenberg, Shell, Burris, and absolute steals like Simon and Peake." (Never mind that Leo is the only one any team wants, beyond maybe 3rd string depth and camp fodder).

@gEYno put it best: anyone who thinks Todd Bowles is the reason the Jets are an unprecedented 1000:1 odds to win the SB needs to think about their stance harder.

Or something like that. He made it little short on the commentary length for my taste, but whatever.

Bowles is terrible but the real problem is Mike Macagnan.  He has to go.

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bowles is terrible but the real problem is Mike Macagnan.  He has to go.

Bowles took a team he was handed to a 10-6 record.  He upgraded the coaching staff since then.

He has made alot of mistakes, but appears to be trying to fix them. We will see how he is doing on his weaknesses during the season, regardless of record.

Macc, with obvious influence from Woody, has created a terrible roster.  It and its mandate seems to get worse and worse.  I think what Kerley says, after Kearse who I think was an accidental acquisition, is that our your WRs are not good enough to even try to develop, and the midget PR plan is a joke.  The team can tank but not be completely embarrassing.  

Sometimes these coaches make their jobs impossible by hiding their plans. Bowles is putting himself in corner with stuff like this. Beginning of the training camp, why not tell everyone McCown will be the starter but you will use training camp to evaluate Hack and Petty and give them a lot of playing time. And now, why not just say Hack wasn't performing and we believe it is better for him to sit and learn therefore we are naming Petty the back up. God. This guy loves making his life miserable. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Says it's just too close between Hack and Petty.  Petty health not a factor according to Todd.

Why does one have to be inactive?  I thought they changes the active roster rules to where you can carry an extra QB but if he plays a down your starter cannot return to that game?

Putting on my @T0mShane hat for a moment: this is one of those moments where the proverbial president of football ops would come in really handy. Imagine if there were one person in charge of the entire franchise who could pull Maccagnan and Bowles into a conference room and say "I know you two chuckle****s fell in love with this kid because he's a real wizard on the whiteboard, but he can't play. I'm cutting him to make room for another DB." Instead, a walking talking trash fire who by all rights should be doing pregame for the Big Ten Network may very well be our backup QB. What a ******* disaster.

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

This thread falls under the broad umbrella of "The Jets Did Something, Let's Bitch About It"

1 minute ago, Larz said:

WTF guys

He is always very coy with these things

Only fanbase in the NFL that gets sandy cunts over 26 year old jag bavkup QBs

#millennials

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Not defending Hackenturd or Toilet Bowles but the overrating of Bryce Petty based on 2 preseason games facing third stringers is mind-boggling.

Petty is not great.

Hackenburg is horrific like a botched botox lip job.

No one is overating petty.

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

WTF guys

He is always very coy with these things

Only fanbase in the NFL that gets sandy cunts over 26 year old jag backup QBs

One is probably just a backup JAG. 

The other should be trying out as a backup in the CFL... for one of the weaker teams.  He holds the ball waaayyy to long for the Arena League.

Archived