Predict who gets the #1 pick

JohnnyLV

With all the suck for Sam talk, and with the media seemingly having us written in for the #1 pick in ink I was thinking about who would win the #1 pick and its not going to be the Jets. 

In fact I don't see us in Top 5, we could eke out 5 or 6 games this year with our schedule.

The team I see getting the #1 pick: Indianapolis

Owner has tanked before, and I think that Luck is both overrated and way more seriously injured than people think. Outside of him they are awful and all of the teams in their division are stronger.

Indy will pick the third consecutive once in decade talent at QB after Manning and Luck.

And we will pick "maybe the best player in the draft" a 4-3 DE that "falls" to us. 

Who do you think gets the #1?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, we're not winning 5 or 6 games...that's crazy talk.

The better question is who will have best chance to pick up the #1 pick and I got to say the Browns.  Even if they don't finish in the top 2 or 3, they've got plenty of options to trade for that pick.

I don't think any team outside of MAYBE Chicago is trading this pick.  Kizer is a long term project that has a ceiling of below average pro starter.  I do think the top three picks will belong to the Jets, SF, and the Browns.

Two of the three get their franchise QB and the third gets to pay Kirk Cousins $30M a year.

I got hope we get the top pick but knowing our franchise they will finish 3rd and then gloat to the fan base.

Vegas recently moved the over/under line on the Jets from 5 wins to 3.5, obviously because they were getting way too much action on the under at that level. I do think there's something to the idea of the young hungry team stealing a win here or there, but I also think the Jets-Browns game is going to be pivotal in the draft pick sweepstakes. 

Total dreamland scenario, we get the 1st overall, Cleveland the second.  Cleveland offers 4 of their 5 picks in the first two rounds to move up.  We get a franchise QB plus enough picks to surround him with serous talent...

JETSJETSJETSJETSJETSJETSJETSJETS                     

i don't know who is 1st but it looks like the NFL wants the Pats to get 32 again. 1st and goal on the 1, get a holding call, but 'shazam' some unspecified phantom offsetting penalty and it is 1st and goal from the 2 again. 2 plays later TD.

so we now know who is getting #32; the other 31 are still up in the air.

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

I think we may actually pull this one off... it's fitting that the mission we're most likely to be successful at, is to suck the hardest. 

LOL, maybe you're right.  But with our luck, we'll either draft the wrong QB or Darnold will stay in college for 1 more year (just like Peyton stayed after his sophomore and junior seasons at Tennessee when we had #1 overall both times).

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

With all the suck for Sam talk, and with the media seemingly having us written in for the #1 pick in ink I was thinking about who would win the #1 pick and its not going to be the Jets. 

In fact I don't see us in Top 5, we could eke out 5 or 6 games this year with our schedule.

Owner has tanked before, and I think that Luck is both overrated and way more seriously injured than people think. Outside of him they are awful and all of the teams in their division are stronger.

Indy will pick the third consecutive once in decade talent at QB after Manning and Luck.

And we will pick "maybe the best player in the draft" a 4-3 DE that "falls" to us. 

5 or 6 games?  LOL

33 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Oh my, the two train wrecks in LA get no love?

Chargers

Rams

Jets

in that order

The Chargers?!?!?

They aren't a necessarily a very good team... but they aren't near the bottom.  Not with Rivers, Bosa, and Verrett.

They have 3 of the premium positions filled with quality players.

SF probably takes #1. 

There's a lot that could go wrong in a plan to lose here. The biggest problem is that we are in a terrible division right now. Bills also appear to be in the midst of a tank. MIA is a normal middling team. Even NE looks set up to do poorly. There are many terrible teams this year but some of those teams (e.g. SF) play in divisions with better teams. At this point I don't even know if I could consider the two NE games definite losses for us. 

There is a chance the younger players will improve as the season progresses, knowing they are playing against the probability of being replaced with a team that will have many draft picks and cash to spend. Worst of all, McCown could do what Fitz did in 2015 and completely ruin the chances at a good first pick. 

On 9/7/2017 at 4:06 PM, prime21 said:

SF will get the #1 pick.  We will get the 3rd pick.  

i was thinking the same.  the thing is this is so much like the middle 70's.  both the jets and the 49ers started turning around a long period of decline.  the 49ers hired walsh and the jets michaels.  and those late 70's early 80's jets teams had some good talent. they just wee never able to put it all together.  maybe michaels should have stayed on. 

On 9/7/2017 at 3:05 PM, johnnysd said:

LOL.

Archived