Predict who gets the #1 pick

JohnnyLV

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed that their is no consensus here which is very troubling. 

There are about 5 teams that have been predicted to finish worse than the Jets, but somehow the Jets finish 2nd in almost all of those predictions.

I think the Jets have the easiest schedule of those 5 teams, and probably have the most competent QB while he lasts.

The Jets will finish with between 4-6th pick and sign McCown to a 2 year 26mil contract.   

On 9/7/2017 at 3:05 PM, johnnysd said:

With all the suck for Sam talk, and with the media seemingly having us written in for the #1 pick in ink I was thinking about who would win the #1 pick and its not going to be the Jets. 

In fact I don't see us in Top 5, we could eke out 5 or 6 games this year with our schedule.

The team I see getting the #1 pick: Indianapolis

Owner has tanked before, and I think that Luck is both overrated and way more seriously injured than people think. Outside of him they are awful and all of the teams in their division are stronger.

Indy will pick the third consecutive once in decade talent at QB after Manning and Luck.

And we will pick "maybe the best player in the draft" a 4-3 DE that "falls" to us. 

Who do you think gets the #1?

..we'll get the # 1  B)

hello...

hqdefault.jpg

:beer:

On 9/7/2017 at 3:05 PM, johnnysd said:

With all the suck for Sam talk, and with the media seemingly having us written in for the #1 pick in ink I was thinking about who would win the #1 pick and its not going to be the Jets. 

In fact I don't see us in Top 5, we could eke out 5 or 6 games this year with our schedule.

Owner has tanked before, and I think that Luck is both overrated and way more seriously injured than people think. Outside of him they are awful and all of the teams in their division are stronger.

Indy will pick the third consecutive once in decade talent at QB after Manning and Luck.

And we will pick "maybe the best player in the draft" a 4-3 DE that "falls" to us. 

The idea that luck is overrated and injury prone is hilarious. That Colts team sucks, has no offensive line, no defense, and minimal skill talent. They're drafted poorly for years. Basically the Colts have taken a can't miss generational talent and almost ruined him. With him they're in the mix, without him they're atrocious. Put him on a half decent team and enjoy the playoffs.

21 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

We're not getting the pick. As a matter of fact we're not coming close to it. Sorry to disappoint some of you.?

Because we're the Jets I could easily see us not getting the #1 overall pick but "not coming close to it" seems a bit much.  Where is our offense going to come from?  We have some young WRs with promise and our RBs are decent.  Other than that, our QBs stink, our OL stinks and our TEs stink.  Plus our WRs are really young.

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because we're the Jets I could easily see us not getting the #1 overall pick but "not coming close to it" seems a bit much.  Where is our offense going to come from?  We have some young WRs with promise and our RBs are decent.  Other than that, our QBs stink, our OL stinks and our TEs stink.  Plus our WRs are really young.

We'll see. Sometimes teams gel better evem without star players at positions. If they have good coaching and team chemistry. And guys who like to play good football. All I know is I'll be a happy camper tomorrow if we win. 

On 9/7/2017 at 9:05 PM, johnnysd said:

That's a good team to pick for a possible #1 pick.

I've also been vocal about Luck being overrated, but im talking about pure talent. The Colts organization however, is destroying what could have ever been with that guy...seriously. They're a terrible, TERRIBLE football team and an terribly ran organization and I think that the Jets have more talent then they do when Luck isnt on the field and I believe that the Jets are a better ran organization. 

I do believe that we'll be top 3-5 though. The most I see us winning is 4 games. I think our Defense is talented, but they're going to be on the field way too long and honestly, I havent seen much talent on the other side of the ball to believe that we'll be able to score points. 

11 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's a good team to pick for a possible #1 pick.

I've also been vocal about Luck being overrated, but im talking about pure talent. The Colts organization however, is destroying what could have ever been with that guy...seriously. They're a terrible, TERRIBLE football team and an terribly ran organization and I think that the Jets have more talent then they do when Luck isnt on the field and I believe that the Jets are a better ran organization. 

I do believe that we'll be top 3-5 though. The most I see us winning is 4 games. I think our Defense is talented, but they're going to be on the field way too long and honestly, I havent seen much talent on the other side of the ball to believe that we'll be able to score points. 

So about that Jets defense?

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Watch out for the Arizona Cardinals, Palmer is DONE, they play a tough schedule.  And David Johnson hurt.

You could very well be right.  I wonder why Arians didn't draft a qb I guess he figured this is his last season and just take a shot with Carson

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

He's not coming back until October at the earliest.  I could see them holding the #1 pick for ransom

I hope luck runs out for them. Dream scenario. Colts get the #1 pick. Draft Darnold and he turns out to be another USC bust. Meanwhile they trade Luck to Jets and Luck ends up winning a Superbowl with the Jets under Harbaugh's coaching. One can dream right?

On 9/9/2017 at 1:12 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

The idea that luck is overrated and injury prone is hilarious. That Colts team sucks, has no offensive line, no defense, and minimal skill talent. They're drafted poorly for years. 

So.....kinda just like the New York Jets then?

6 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I hope luck runs out for them. Dream scenario. Colts get the #1 pick. Draft Darnold and he turns out to be another USC bust. Meanwhile they trade Luck to Jets and Luck ends up winning a Superbowl with the Jets under Harbaugh's coaching. One can dream right?

They will never trade Luck.  He is a GOD in Indianapolis.  It's easier for Irsay to clean house and hold the #1 pick ransom and try to get a treasure trove of draft picks

I'm honestly not sure who where gonna beat this year . This team is really bad .. 

Cleveland looked not to bad same with the Jags...teams were supposedly racing to the number one with with. Those are also supposed to be our possible wins. I don't see it. We will be lucky to get 1-2 wins.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

Cleveland looked not to bad same with the Jags...teams were supposedly racing to the number one with with. Those are also supposed to be our possible wins. I don't see it. We will be lucky to get 1-2 wins.

Jags, Titans and even the Texans who I think will bounce back will all be around 8-8 / 7-9

Our biggest competition are the Colts, Niners and someone earlier said Cardinals that was a great point

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Based on week 1 so far; Chicago, Jacksonville and Cleveland will win more games than the Jets and the Rams are looking good vs Colts  

Bengal and Titans are supposed to have franchise QB's and they are not looking good

They will still win a few games . I honestly don't see 2 wins this year . And still trying to find the first 

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Based on week 1 so far; Chicago, Jacksonville and Cleveland will win more games than the Jets and the Rams are looking good vs Colts  

Bengal and Titans are supposed to have franchise QB's and they are not looking good

Chicago was a Jordan Howard dropped td catch from beating the Falcons.  They are not our competition for Darnold

Chicago was a Jordan Howard dropped td catch from beating the Falcons.  They are not our competition for Darnold

The 49ers are terrible but Hoyer can win some games for them they should otherwise have lost.
Luck is supposed to be back in 5-6 games so the Colts should get a few wins.

15 hours ago, nicg4360 said:

I wouldn't sleep on Cleveland fighting to make the playoffs. I don't think they make it, but I think they're better than people think. I also wouldn't sleep on houston being a #1 pick contender. If they ever start savage again, that entire offensive staff should be fired. The Jags are the epitome of an 6-8 win team.

Archived