Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
johnnysd

Predict who gets the #1 pick

Recommended Posts

I'm honestly not sure who where gonna beat this year . This team is really bad .. 

Cleveland looked not to bad same with the Jags...teams were supposedly racing to the number one with with. Those are also supposed to be our possible wins. I don't see it. We will be lucky to get 1-2 wins.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:


Cleveland looked not to bad same with the Jags...teams were supposedly racing to the number one with with. Those are also supposed to be our possible wins. I don't see it. We will be lucky to get 1-2 wins.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Jags, Titans and even the Texans who I think will bounce back will all be around 8-8 / 7-9

 

Our biggest competition are the Colts, Niners and someone earlier said Cardinals that was a great point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Based on week 1 so far; Chicago, Jacksonville and Cleveland will win more games than the Jets and the Rams are looking good vs Colts  

 

Bengal and Titans are supposed to have franchise QB's and they are not looking good

They will still win a few games . I honestly don't see 2 wins this year . And still trying to find the first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Based on week 1 so far; Chicago, Jacksonville and Cleveland will win more games than the Jets and the Rams are looking good vs Colts  

 

Bengal and Titans are supposed to have franchise QB's and they are not looking good

Chicago was a Jordan Howard dropped td catch from beating the Falcons.  They are not our competition for Darnold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chicago was a Jordan Howard dropped td catch from beating the Falcons.  They are not our competition for Darnold

The 49ers are terrible but Hoyer can win some games for them they should otherwise have lost.
Luck is supposed to be back in 5-6 games so the Colts should get a few wins.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

 


100%

Jets would have ruined Luck just like the Colts are trying to do. Hopefully we have our act together when we get Darnold.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

And what makes you think that will be the case, given all we know as of now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nicg4360 said:


Cleveland looked not to bad same with the Jags...teams were supposedly racing to the number one with with. Those are also supposed to be our possible wins. I don't see it. We will be lucky to get 1-2 wins.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app
 

I wouldn't sleep on Cleveland fighting to make the playoffs. I don't think they make it, but I think they're better than people think. I also wouldn't sleep on houston being a #1 pick contender. If they ever start savage again, that entire offensive staff should be fired. The Jags are the epitome of an 6-8 win team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 3:12 PM, nycdan said:

Interesting article but it's heavily flawed because this isn't tanking for money ball issues it's ultimately about the QB.  This is the NFL's fault for making the QB so important.   Teams are in perpetual mediocrity when you don't have a legitimate franchise QB.  

You might put the Browns in this category as they've been tanking for 3 years now - but the Jets have attempted to be competitive, just didn't have the talent to win. 

This year they're going for one of those QB's - and while you're at that you might as well clear out older vets that won't around when your new QB is ready to win, save cap space and acquire draft picks for players you're not going to sign anyway.  

Mac's doing what's right here.  Tanking isn't a long term strategy.

 

Bottom line - you need the QB and then you have 15 years to build a winner around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indy looked like they weren't even trying yesterday. I still think they tank in spectacular fashion, though we looked a little worse than I expected us to. We wont get it done with what we did yesterday,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Indy looked like they weren't even trying yesterday. I still think they tank in spectacular fashion, though we looked a little worse than I expected us to. We wont get it done with what we did yesterday,

Yea sure Indy looked like they were trying to tank but were they stop your interception from getting points on the board by tackling your own player tanking?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:


Yea sure Indy looked like they were trying to tank but were they stop your interception from getting points on the board by tackling your own player tanking?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Lol, it looked like that but the Buffalo player actually pushed Maye into Burris. It was an interesting play, though Buffalo could have been called for blocking in the back on it.  Plus it probably WAS a fumble so we got a little luckly on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nycdan said:

In the race for #1, we have a weapon that no other team has.  Bowles.   As long as we don't screw up and replace him mid-season, we've got this.

Well said. I also think if we have a few key injuries we'll really struggle to field an NFL quality team. I mean even more than we do now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nycdan said:

In the race for #1, we have a weapon that no other team has.  Bowles.   As long as we don't screw up and replace him mid-season, we've got this.

Colts have pagano who is almost as bad as Bowles, if luck doesn't come back they would be our prime competition. Even with luck coming back they still may only win 4 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Indy looked like they weren't even trying yesterday. I still think they tank in spectacular fashion, though we looked a little worse than I expected us to. We wont get it done with what we did yesterday,

The second Manning looked done: 1 win season, and #1 overall pick.

The second Luck looks like health might shorten his career, inbound 1 win season and #1 overall pick?

If that comes to pass, the NFL will have a rather serious problem on it's hands, because that is some serious WWF/WWE type sh*t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The second Manning looked done: 1 win season, and #1 overall pick.

The second Luck looks like health might shorten his career, inbound 1 win season and #1 overall pick?

If that comes to pass, the NFL will have a rather serious problem on it's hands, because that is some serious WWF/WWE type sh*t.

The optics are already bad with the Jets, Browns and Bills all looking like they have set up to tank.  if the Colts and/or 49ers join the fray in a visible manner, this would be an unprecedented thing that could trigger discussion over a draft lottery to say the least.  There's good and bad that comes with that but it would be nice to be able to root to win games without knowing the crushing price you have to pay for actually trying to win.

One mechanic that would be interesting is if the league had the ability to dock draft slots rather than entire picks.  You get caught in an obvious uncompetitive move, your first round pick gets slid down a number of slots, e.g. you move from 1 to 6 and everyone in between moves up.  I don't think the league could use it wisely enough to avoid a ton of controversy, but something like that might cause teams to be less obvious down the stretch. 

I can't recall but wasn't there a week 17 game between the two worst teams a few years back that we all called the Tank Bowl? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Interesting article but it's heavily flawed because this isn't tanking for money ball issues it's ultimately about the QB.  This is the NFL's fault for making the QB so important.   Teams are in perpetual mediocrity when you don't have a legitimate franchise QB.  

You might put the Browns in this category as they've been tanking for 3 years now - but the Jets have attempted to be competitive, just didn't have the talent to win. 

This year they're going for one of those QB's - and while you're at that you might as well clear out older vets that won't around when your new QB is ready to win, save cap space and acquire draft picks for players you're not going to sign anyway.  

Mac's doing what's right here.  Tanking isn't a long term strategy.

 

Bottom line - you need the QB and then you have 15 years to build a winner around him.

Fair points except the last one.  With our OL and running game, we won't have 15 games, let alone 15 years with a new QB.  Could be David Carr 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Warfish said:

And what makes you think that will be the case, given all we know as of now?

That we'll have our act together? All I said was hopefully. I do think if we draft a QB in the first round we'll use a substantial amount of our huge $80 million + cap space to get skill talent and shore up the o-line. No way we let Darnold/Allen/Rosen go into 2018 with this squad.

As far as our biggest competition for the #1 pick after yesterday I think it's the 49ers. As awful as the Colts look I think Luck eventually comes back and once he does they'll win some games. Nobody else looks as hopeless/devoid of talent... And the 9ers need a QB.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, nicg4360 said:


The 49ers are terrible but Hoyer can win some games for them they should otherwise have lost.
Luck is supposed to be back in 5-6 games so the Colts should get a few wins.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Hoyer is even worse than McCown and Hackenberg.  Plus I don't know how they get any wins in that division the Seahawks and Rams will crush them and even the struggling Cardinals should be able to beat them unless Palmer is just dead.

 

I can see the Colts IR'ing Luck if they start out 0-6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Indy looked like they weren't even trying yesterday. I still think they tank in spectacular fashion, though we looked a little worse than I expected us to. We wont get it done with what we did yesterday,

Scott Tolzien makes McClown look semi-decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hoyer is even worse than McCown and Hackenberg.  Plus I don't know how they get any wins in that division the Seahawks and Rams will crush them and even the struggling Cardinals should be able to beat them unless Palmer is just dead.
 
I can see the Colts IR'ing Luck if they start out 0-6.

I don't think Hoyer is that bad....he's kinda like Fitzpatrick.... absolutely god aweful at times and then surprises you and makes you think he can do something then BAM he sucks yet again.

Yea I fear that may happen with Luck especially if they go half the season winless what's the point in getting luck in there... midaswell get the high pick.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jack48 said:

Do we play the Browns this year.  If not, I vote for a tie 0-16

Browns almost beat the Steelers yesterday.  They should beat us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

Browns almost beat the Steelers yesterday.  They should beat us.

So we do play them.  They probably have more talent than we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tumblr_mxm12o4PUr1scef9so2_400.jpg

Your making it sound like I'm saying he's a good QB....I never did. I just said he has had his moments of being decent but for the most part has played the part of sucking it up.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×