More Penn State University info says Joe Pa knew

AFJF

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/paterno-knew-sandusky-child-sex-abuse-2001-report-article-1.3482593

What did Joe Paterno know and when did he know it?

According to an explosive new CNN report published Saturday, there is now even more evidence the legendary ex-Penn State football coach may have known about Jerry Sandusky's sexual abuse of young boys years before Sandusky's 2011 arrest.

CNN obtained a Pennsylvania police report that described Paterno's reaction to whistleblower Mike McQueary showing up in his office in 2001 and telling Paterno that he had witnessed Sandusky engaged in "an extreme sexual act" with a young boy in the football locker room.

The new report describes what happened after McQueary told Paterno what he had witnessed.

"Then he made the comment to McQueary this was the second complaint of this nature he had received about Sandusky," the report obtained by CNN states. The report is based on McQueary's version of the 2001 meeting.

McQueary, according to the police report obtained via a source by CNN, reported that Paterno appeared to tear up at the news.

McQueary - a former Penn State quarterback and a graduate assistant coach at the time - was a key witness in the case against Sandusky. Sandusky was convicted in 2012 of sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years. He's serving a prison sentence of 30 to 60 years.

Paterno, who was fired in November 2011 as a result of the Sandusky scandal and then died a few months later from lung cancer, had claimed he knew nothing about Sandusky's abuse.

In grand jury testimony given in December 2011, Paterno said he had no recollection of any reports of similar activity being discussed in his presence.

The new CNN report adds to the evidence that Paterno turned a blind eye to Sandusky crimes for years. Court documents, revealed by the Washington Post in 2016, say Paterno was aware of Sandusky abusing young boys as far back as 1976.

Ya you have to have really thick rose color glasses on to think Joe didn't know...

A coworker of mine is a huge Penn state fan, and he defended Joe Pa for months... But one day he finally dropped his fanaticism and said he realized Joe must have known. He looked at everything from an outside perspective and saw that the evidence was pretty overwhelming. 

F*cking disgusting. I hope he is getting a train run on him with white hot pitchforks in whatever circle of hell he is in. 

His name should never be mentioned again as anything but an accomplice to child molestation.  I used to love Joe Pa too.  Thought he stood for all the right things.  Turns out he's just another pos self serving coach. 

Joe came from a generation where he probably could not believe anything like that was possible, clearly he should have reported it, but I doubt he ever let himself believe it happened, blocked it out and was a coward for sure, but not a rapist, lots of hate now, sad ending after 62 years of coaching RIP

Sandusky is the real criminal / monster 

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Joe came from a generation where he probably could not believe anything like that was possible, clearly he should have reported it, but I doubt he ever let himself believe it happened, blocked it out and was a coward for sure, but not a rapist, lots of hate now, sad ending after 62 years of coaching RIP

Man I cannot stand this line of thinking. Joe Paterno is also from a generation that thought it was ok to deny humans in America their basic civil rights & if those same humans dared resist, killing them (even by blowing up their churches as they prayed) was a viable option. Women shouldn't take part in voting, working, or sticking up for themselves once abused (since you know, they needed some correcting once in a while). Animals could be abused by humans and no one should give a damn, and children could be beaten without mercy because "Father knows best." Child rape has been going on since antiquity, but his generation just randomly couldn't fathom that some men like to fiddle a kid a or two. Weren't men of his generation marrying girls while they were still attending high school?

They could do all that brutal sh!t to other Americans, but 9V0lrrv.png at a perverted adult preying on kids.

Let's stop romanticizing old people as some naive relics of the past. The same nasty dirty thoughts we've had, our parents & grandparents had them, no matter how extreme, and every generation has had their fair share of vices and skeletons.

And if by 2001 Paterno still couldn't wrap his feeble mind around the rape of a child at his ripe old age, that says even worse about him and his employer.

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I believe that Sandusky had something on Joe Pa.  whether it was recruiting violations or something far worse.  The only reason I can fathom Sandusky was still around after he was not on the coaching staff is because he blackmailed Joe Pa.  

It was that Sandusky had the patent on those nose and glasses that are so popular in Happy Valley.

48 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

Man I cannot stand this line of thinking. Joe Paterno is also from a generation that thought it was ok to deny humans in America their basic civil rights & if those same humans dared resist, killing them (even by blowing up their churches as they prayed) was a viable option.

Oh really? A whole generation, you virtue signalling ignoramus?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

And how Penn State didnt get the death penalty is beyond me. 

There are multiple people who should probably be in prison. I never understood this death penalty stuff though. All it does is punish people who had zero, nothing to do with any of this. Football is THE money maker and it props up a lot of other sports. 

Sandusky and Paterno were awful people, to be sure. So we punish the left fielder on the softball team for it? 

The question is why didnt they just send Sandusky away?  He was asked to step away as DC because of the allegations in 99.  Why let him stay around campus?  

Even the catholic church would send the priest to far away parishes when they were caught doing this.

The only thing I can come up with is Sandusky had dirt on paterno and he blackmailed him into sticking around.  

40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The question is why didnt they just send Sandusky away?  He was asked to step away as DC because of the allegations in 99.  Why let him stay around campus?  

Even the catholic church would send the priest to far away parishes when they were caught doing this.

The only thing I can come up with is Sandusky had dirt on paterno and he blackmailed him into sticking around.  

I wonder if there's even a lot more to this story.  There's always stories and rumors about more high-powered people being involved in this kind of stuff (e.g. Jeffrey Epstein and the "Lolita Express").  Who knows.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Did anything ever come about from the Syracuse Boeheim stuff? Feel like that just got swept under the rug.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Boeheim is one of the most bulletproof people walking the earth. 

What was the background to this story?  I vaguely remember Syracuse getting suspended from the NCAA tourney (or something like that) but I don't remember details.  Was it bad?

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What was the background to this story?  I vaguely remember Syracuse getting suspended from the NCAA tourney (or something like that) but I don't remember details.  Was it bad?

It was fairly similar to the PSU stuff just on a smaller scale. Assistant coach accused of molesting children and Boeheim knew.

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Just due to everyone in the media going to Cuse?

IMO, the university saw what was going on at PSU, fired Fine as soon as they could, and paid the two accusers whatever they wanted to go away. Cuse without Boeheim would become Hobart. 

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh really? A whole generation, you virtue signalling ignoramus?

I'd say reading what I wrote and inferring that I'm saying everyone was doing those things that I wrote shows us the real ignoramus. But considering widespread suppression of segments of society through methods such as Jim Crowe, keeping women in their place until amendments had to be made to the Constitution in both 1920 & 1972, the ignoring of the disabled that acts needed to passed in 1973, 1975, & 1990 to ensure their rights, sorry but yes I'd label that "generational." If an ill on society is either mandated or ignored by the government, and the majority of the population is tolerant of said ills, yes I'd label that a generational problem. 

This country declared its Independence in 1776. The country went through a second birth in 1865. Yet it took until the 1960s & 1970s for equal rights to begin to enter the conversation for every segment of society. You do the math. Seems to me a large segment of the population were at best indifferent to their country's atrocities. 

And judging from your reply you seem to be either emotionally triggered at best or a tad unintelligent at worse. So let me clarify: I'm not some SJW who believes in telling people of this generation that they have to pay for whatever their ancestors did. No. What's done is done and no one owes me a thing for it. I love this country, believe it or not, but as a student of it's history, I have no desire to stick my head in the sand while discussing it's history. Euphoria and shining examples of humanitu we are not. No country is.

I fully understand not everyone was into oppression, duh. But the ones who sat on the fence are just as guilty as the oppressors themselves. If those older generations didn't want to be judged by the tolerated oppression of their days, maybe they should have worked harder to eliminate the stains that history and objective observers have every right to acknowledge.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I've never understood this either. Obviously the humane, decent thing to do is to notify the police at once. But why let continue to hang around the campus at all after this? That's just awful. Especially when you know his foundation worked with young boys. Just disgusting. 

3 hours ago, glenn31 said:

I'd say reading what I wrote and inferring that I'm saying everyone was doing those things that I wrote shows us the real ignoramus. But considering widespread suppression of segments of society through methods such as Jim Crowe, keeping women in their place until amendments had to be made to the Constitution in both 1920 & 1972, the ignoring of the disabled that acts needed to passed in 1973, 1975, & 1990 to ensure their rights, sorry but yes I'd label that "generational." If an ill on society is either mandated or ignored by the government, and the majority of the population is tolerant of said ills, yes I'd label that a generational problem. 

This country declared its Independence in 1776. The country went through a second birth in 1865. Yet it took until the 1960s & 1970s for equal rights to begin to enter the conversation for every segment of society. You do the math. Seems to me a large segment of the population were at best indifferent to their country's atrocities. 

And judging from your reply you seem to be either emotionally triggered at best or a tad unintelligent at worse. So let me clarify: I'm not some SJW who believes in telling people of this generation that they have to pay for whatever their ancestors did. No. What's done is done and no one owes me a thing for it. I love this country, believe it or not, but as a student of it's history, I have no desire to stick my head in the sand while discussing it's history. Euphoria and shining examples of humanitu we are not. No country is.

I fully understand not everyone was into oppression, duh. But the ones who sat on the fence are just as guilty as the oppressors themselves. If those older generations didn't want to be judged by the tolerated oppression of their days, maybe they should have worked harder to eliminate the stains that history and objective observers have every right to acknowledge.

If you think that people working ten, twelve, fourteen hours a day, six days a week at thankless, tough jobs while trying to support large families of kids have the time to worry about racism, sexism and every other ism you're a ******* idiot. If you judge people of a certain time period using today's set of morals, you are a ******* idiot. In short, you are not smart.

You took one issue and then spread the argument to include every single injustice suffered by anyone in the twentieth century, maligning a whole generation of people that gave BIRTH to the people that corrected those injustices. Do you think the next generation just grew out of the ******* ground?

The baby boomers were the first generation in this country to have the LUXURY to really focus on social issues en masse. They were also the first generation in which television was a major part of their information stream. We can take these factors into consideration or we can just judge away, which is what you are doing, do not deny that.

11 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Paterno tried that whole laughable "I never knew anything about that kind of stuff" defense. Paterno grew up in Brooklyn where his parents owned a pharmacy from the Depression through World War II and well after. He had to know of people engaging in crazy sexual behavior because especially during WWII it was in many ways his dad's business. 

This sex abuse below  against Coach Walsh below(who passed last year) took place not 10 blocks from said pharmacy  at exactly the time Paterno was growing up. May be it wasn't talked about but it happened and he knew about things like this.

And while he bragged about knowing everything that happened in Happy Valley, somehow his 2nd in command, he knew nothing about. And same 2nd command guy that SUDDENLY one day was no longer a candidate to replace him nor interested in an NCAA HC job, but out of the program . That made no sense unless Paterno knew. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pudgy-walsh-real-hero-brooklyn-football-not-characters-caught-penn-state-football-sex-scandal-article-1.1095281

Don't wish any ill on PSU fans. But for f__'s sake, Sandusky was abusing little kids. 

Archived