### Jets \ Bills -- (2017 Season Is Here) Game Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, long suffering jets fan said:

We'll see if Petty's still in the league at 38.  Despite that I want to see the young guys play and I believe strongly that they will (not next week) very soon.

I want to see the youn guys too. I don't care if Petty is in the league at 38.  My point is he is better. May not string along as MCCown. You never know. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

With regards to games that count, last year Petty was not better, but I hope he, or Hack will be better this year.

Lol. They were the same and MCown has 18 years experience on him.  Just stop dude. You sound ignorant with this. 

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Lol. They were the same and MCown has 18 years experience on him.  Just stop dude. You sound ignorant with this. 

And you sound like a reactionary fan who is basing what they saw in pre-season as meaning anything.  Let's see what happens when the young guys actually get out there.  Right now no QB on this team is better than anyone.

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

And you sound like a reactionary fan who is basing what they saw in pre-season as meaning anything.  Let's see what happens when the young guys actually get out there.  Right now no QB on this team is better than anyone, they all suck.

I said based on odds alone. McCown is that bad. Odds are any qb would be better. Wear your McCown jersey proudly bud. 

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

Isn't it apparent yet to you that he is not head coaching , game managing material?

I think Bowles has been below average, and there is a lot to complain about.  However, I also think the standard JN response and commentary re: him is nonsense.  Bowles is coaching what Vegas is essentially calling the worst team ever.  I don't like a lot of his in game decisions, but I also think Bowles could win with an above average team faster than this roster could win with a HOF Coach.

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

I said based on odds alone. McCown is that bad. Odds are any qb would be better. Wear your McCown jersey proudly bud. 

Give it a break.  I'm not waving the McCown flag, but you talk like Petty is the second coming of Tom Brady.  As far as I'm concerned neither has distinguished themselves in any meaningful way in games that count.  That being said I'm all for starting the young guys and it will happen soon.  My guess is not against the Raiders, maybe against the Fins, but definitely the young guys will be starting against the Jags and going forward. 

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think Bowles has been below average, and there is a lot to complain about.  However, I also think the standard JN response and commentary re: him is nonsense.  Bowles is coaching what Vegas is essentially calling the worst team ever.  I don't like a lot of his in game decisions, but I also think Bowles could win with an above average team faster than this roster could win with a HOF Coach.

I dont dispute that he could win some more with more talent.  He won some games year one.  but he got pantsed at the end when he needed a game to get in the playoffs.  Lost to a less than mediocre team.  Followed that with one dismal year and this looks to be another one.  He is not the answer for us

3 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Give it a break.  I'm not waving the McCown flag, but you talk like Petty is the second coming of Tom Brady.  As far as I'm concerned neither has distinguished themselves in any meaningful way in games that count.  That being said I'm all for starting the young guys and it will happen soon.  My guess is not against the Raiders, maybe against the Fins, but definitely the young guys will be starting against the Jags and going forward. 

No, I just said Petty is the best qb on the team. You were the one challenging that statement. The only thing that can be said about your boy McCown is that he absolutely sucked, and still sucks at playing qb in the NFL. 

Just now, jack48 said:

I dont dispute theat he could win some more with more talent.  He won some games year one.  but he got pantsed at the end when he needed a game to get in the playoffs.  Lost to a less than mediocre team.  Followed that with one dismal year and this looks to be another one.

Yes, but I don't see how anyone can believe that the overwhelming majority of the reason for that is because this is a team with almost no NFL talent.  Belichick was fired in Cleveland and would have been fired again in New England if they didn't luck into the best sixth round pick of all time.

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

No, I just said Petty is the best qb on the team. You were the one challenging that statement. The only thing that can be said about your boy McCown is that he absolutely sucked, and still sucks at playing qb in the NFL. 

My point is that calling any QB better than anyone else on this team is pointless.  At the beginning of camp 90% of this board was done with Petty, now he's our best QB.  Now McCown is the worst, or Hackenberg.  The team and offense is brand new, let's see what happens. 

1 minute ago, long suffering jets fan said:

My point is that calling any QB better than anyone else on this team is pointless.  At the beginning of camp 90% of this board was done with Petty, now he's our best QB.  Now McCown is the worst, or Hackenberg.  The team and offense is brand new, let's see what happens. 

Let's see what happens without McCown. It's a waste of everyone's time. 

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yes, but I don't see how anyone can believe that the overwhelming majority of the reason for that is because this is a team with almost no NFL talent.  Belichick was fired in Cleveland and would have been fired again in New England if they didn't luck into the best sixth round pick of all time.

BB made the playoffs year one in Cleveland,  like TB.  Of course he had a vetern Kosar to QB.  This team is a cluster you-know- what.  We are bringing in new blood to play. I think we should bring in new blood to manage things

Archived