### Jets \ Bills -- (2017 Season Is Here) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Again, I didn't play football much as a kid, so my x and o's are not as good as others.

BUT....

Why do we consistently throw a one drop pass to the running back a yard behind the line with no blocking protection out in front of him?  I have seen that play four times today, called it, and guessed the gain.  I mean, IF I can figure it out sitting in my living room drinking beer.....

let's send a memo to the OC and ask because I keep screaming the same thing to my wife and even she said it is a little ridiculous at this point

1 minute ago, Kevin L said:

Losing because you're not good enough is one thing. Losing because your coach is a p*ssy is intolerable 

He did the exact same thing last year at Pittsburgh. Gutless turd.

now the clueless announcers talking about how much the Jets respect Bowles. That's the reason you're the Z team on CBS.

I was going to not kill Bowles after this game but punting when he did was just a brutal call to cap off a game where the Jets didn't play that bad. Bowles can't get out of his own way. He coaches like he has an elite defense and an offense that can score quick points when he has neither. The only chance they had was to convert the 4th down and try to score with some timeouts still left in his pocket. They'd probably lose no matter what he did, but he decided to go with the terrible decision yet again.

I don't mind punting on 4th and 8. But why not go for a 1st on 3rd and 20? He's playing the game like  we are still in the 2nd quarter. 

Exactly.

If you're going to dump it off underneath knowing you're going to only get half the needed yds I thought they did that to make the 4th down play easier...not to F$cking punt

Just now, gEYno said:

I too was thinking that all we were missing this game was a 56% passer with a worse than 1:2 TD/INT ratio and over 5% INT%.

That means that you believe the book is written on Petty. I don't. Petty is unafraid to run the ball and hold it a bit a longer to find an open man, the o-line has played well in pass protection. Plus I'd rather watch a QB throw 2 interceptions going for 40 yard bombs than 1 interception the only time the qb tries to throw the ball more than 15 yards. 

Archived