### Jets \ Bills -- (2017 Season Is Here) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What's political? The guy doesnt understand basic time/math. Any 9 year old playing Madden could tell you its mathematically impossible save a a miracle to win f you punt down two scores with 4 minutes left. They were at friggin midfield.

The fact that he's even a head coach is all poltical.  It's alot more about who he knows that what he knows.  Some people call it the "Peter Principle" which means getting promoted to your level of incompetence.  Another way to say it is he's waaaay over his head.  Whatever way you say it, it adds up to the same thing.  He sucks and Macc can't even fire his ass.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Ridiculous call - and one of the few actually accurate criticisms of Bowles out there... But that really wasn't the reason we lost.  The game was already over.

It was. Agreed. But Bowles needs to know his team. He doesn't have an elite defense. It's potentially better than average. He has an awful offense. He's banking on a quick stop, getting the ball back, going down and scoring points, and then probably having to recover an onside kick. That's such a low percentage situation. Take the shot on 4th down. They'd be on the brink of FG range with over 4 mins left. Still a complete long shot to win. But they'd be in a better situation.

2 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

The fact that he's even a head coach is all poltical.  It's alot more about who he knows that one he knows.  Some people call it the "Peter Principle" which means getting promoted to your level of incompetence.  Another way to say it is he's waaaay over his head.  Whatever way you say it, it adds up to the same thing.  He sucks and in Macc can't even fire him.

Which is a good thing, because Mac is worse than Bowles.

This isn't a popular opinion, but that was a pretty respectable coaching job.  We have a mediocre qb, jag wrs, and a glaring lack of talent at almost every position and we kept this respectable.

Our Oline was also better than feared, and held up ok against a really talented front 4.  

The big problem was our lbing and the fact that our highly touted Dline were dominated by the Bills Oline.

I'm fine with this. I thought the dfense played alright at the end of the day... It's all about learning and growing for those guys. The offense is as bad as we thought it would be. We'll see Petty sooner than later, which is also good.

It's fine. I'm not upset or disappointed. Pretty much what I expected.

Let your anger go guys... What were you expecting? 

1 minute ago, Hael said:

This isn't a popular opinion, but that was a pretty respectable coaching job.  We have a mediocre qb, jag wrs, and a glaring lack of talent at almost every position and we kept this respectable.

Our Oline was also better than feared, and held up ok against a really talented front 4.  

The big problem was our lbing and the fact that our highly touted Dline were dominated by the Bills Oline.

See though I vehemently disagree with a post like this I could accept it as long as your 4th lines was:

"Our GM should  be fired immediately for his awful drafting and providing our coach with no talent at all after 3 years."

Just now, DMan77 said:

I'm fine with this. I thought the dfense played alright at the end of the day... It's all about learning and growing for those guys. The offense is as bad as we thought it would be. We'll see Petty sooner than later, which is also good.

Our defense was not good at all.  Buffalo has a very one-dimensional conservative offence and we supposedly specialize against the run and we still were lucky they shoulda put up a 30 spot on us

Archived