### Jets \ Bills -- (2017 Season Is Here) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So McCown did his job.  He threw a lot of short passes and looked 'efficient' so as not to embarrass the coaches while the Jets chalked up a loss.  Of course the two INTs don't help the narrative but they'll chalk them up to mistakes by the WRs or the OL.  Now Bowles can play the 'we played hard but we have some areas to work on' speech.  He'll also play the 'this loss was not on Josh' one too so as to defend his ridiculous fumbling of the entire preseason.  

Fortunately, my fantasy team is doing well and I got to enjoy some of the other games because if I had to watch this one from end to end I'd be in an alcoholic stupor.

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

So if Macc fired Bowles, that would be a bad thing?  Doesn't matter who's worse, Bowles sucks and we're stuck with him until Woody decides to fire him. 

Mac and Bowles both need to go.  I think they will both eventually be fired in January.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Gotta go with Petty or even Hack. McCown is not good and we are going nowhere this year.

McCown was way better than Petty, or Hack could have been.  Considering what he had to play with and the length of time he had to play with them I thought he did an admirable job.  He was the best player on the Jets today.  How good can you look when you have crap around you?

4 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I'm fine with this. I thought the dfense played alright at the end of the day... It's all about learning and growing for those guys. The offense is as bad as we thought it would be. We'll see Petty sooner than later, which is also good.

It's fine. I'm not upset or disappointed. Pretty much what I expected.

Let your anger go guys... What were you expecting? 

this

Just now, gEYno said:

Indeed.  You can't split them up at this point.  When Mac has failed to add a single impact player in 3 drafts, he doesn't get a new coach.

Macagnan's drafts have been horrible.  He has made it clear that he cannot evaluate the qb position at all. And jets fans actually want this idiot drafting our QB in round 1 next year?

Marcus Maye - $6,554,012 4 years

Jamal Adams - $22,258,808 4 years

Jordan Poyer - 13,000,000 4 years

Micah Hyde - 30,500,000 5 years

Bills Total - 9 years 43.5 million

Jets Total - 8 years 29.8 Million (Extrapolated - 9 years 32.6 million)

So saved about 10 million in cap over 5 years for a 1st and 2nd round pick (5th year option cuts that to about 5 million). This is why people are upset about taking safeties. You can get decent safeties fairly cheap.

1 minute ago, long suffering jets fan said:

McCown was way better than Petty, or Hack could have been.  Considering what he had to play with and the length of time he had to play with them I thought he did an admirable job.  He was the best player on the Jets today.  How good can you look when you have crap around you?

I'm not blaming McCown, but we are young and this team is all about evaluating for the future. I would strongly consider going with the young QBs.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

McCown hung two picks and no points. The vaunted, young, talented defense, stocked with high picks from the last two years at low impact positions, gave up 400 yards total offense to the ******* Bills. But yes, Todd Bowles' clock management is what really did this team in today. 

Bowles sucks, but goddamn if we conclude that he's even 25% of the total problem.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Macagnan's drafts have been horrible.  He has made it clear that he cannot evaluate the qb position at all. And jets fans actually want this idiot drafting our QB in round 1 next year?

His poor positional value is the real problem.  The upside of his drafts, even if they did/do work out is so low.

6 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

"Quarterbacks are judged by wins and losses" but you can't negatively judge this quarterback even though his team lost and they only put up 12 points. 

McCown makes nobody on the team better. He gives the team no energy or hope outside of "hey I can execute an outlet pass exactly as the OC drew it up."

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Oline is horrible at run blocking .

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Powell is a guy who puts up huge numbers when nothing is on the line.  Nothing more, nothing less.  IMO, "Mr. Meaningless".

Right. Super job guys. Thanks for clearing that up. 

Anyone else, was he actually hurt? I woke up and thought I heard that he was injured. Just want to know if I need to get on the waiver wire for a new RB...

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Bowles sucks, but goddamn if we conclude that he's even 25% of the total problem.

Sounds trite and simplistic, but we are just a really bad team.  We have marginal or abysmal talent at almost every position.  Take Williams off this team and you have a team of scrubs.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I'm not blaming McCown, but we are young and this team is all about evaluating for the future. I would strongly consider going with the young QBs.

We will, Hackenberg will start the Jags game and we're going to suffer through his growing pains and if he's really horrible Petty will get his opportunity to see what he can do. 

Archived