Maxman

### Jets \ Bills -- (2017 Season Is Here) Game Thread ###

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Just now, Philc1 said:

This entire regime needs to go.

Indeed.  You can't split them up at this point.  When Mac has failed to add a single impact player in 3 drafts, he doesn't get a new coach.

Just now, gEYno said:

Indeed.  You can't split them up at this point.  When Mac has failed to add a single impact player in 3 drafts, he doesn't get a new coach.

Macagnan's drafts have been horrible.  He has made it clear that he cannot evaluate the qb position at all. And jets fans actually want this idiot drafting our QB in round 1 next year?

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

100% serious, I fell asleep, did Powell get hurt or was he just woefully underutilized in the second half again?

Powell is a guy who puts up huge numbers when nothing is on the line.  Nothing more, nothing less.  IMO, "Mr. Meaningless".

Marcus Maye - $6,554,012 4 years

Jamal Adams - $22,258,808 4 years

Jordan Poyer - 13,000,000 4 years

Micah Hyde - 30,500,000 5 years

Bills Total - 9 years 43.5 million

Jets Total - 8 years 29.8 Million (Extrapolated - 9 years 32.6 million)

So saved about 10 million in cap over 5 years for a 1st and 2nd round pick (5th year option cuts that to about 5 million). This is why people are upset about taking safeties. You can get decent safeties fairly cheap.

1 minute ago, long suffering jets fan said:

McCown was way better than Petty, or Hack could have been.  Considering what he had to play with and the length of time he had to play with them I thought he did an admirable job.  He was the best player on the Jets today.  How good can you look when you have crap around you?

I'm not blaming McCown, but we are young and this team is all about evaluating for the future. I would strongly consider going with the young QBs.

19 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I  didn't see the particulars, maybe because if the don't convert, like they how they haven't all game, Bills ice the game? Seriously not being sarcastic, what yard line?

9 down, 3 minutes left in Bills territory.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

McCown hung two picks and no points. The vaunted, young, talented defense, stocked with high picks from the last two years at low impact positions, gave up 400 yards total offense to the ******* Bills. But yes, Todd Bowles' clock management is what really did this team in today. 

Bowles sucks, but goddamn if we conclude that he's even 25% of the total problem.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

100% serious, I fell asleep, did Powell get hurt or was he just woefully underutilized in the second half again?

Oline is horrible at run blocking .

Just now, Philc1 said:

Macagnan's drafts have been horrible.  He has made it clear that he cannot evaluate the qb position at all. And jets fans actually want this idiot drafting our QB in round 1 next year?

His poor positional value is the real problem.  The upside of his drafts, even if they did/do work out is so low.

New policy they only cover and report on professional teams.

Lol. Very funny. Seriously though we're supposed to wait until the crappy Mets to finish their game so that they can do a post game show about the Mets 100th loss before we can see the Jets post game? F*** that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Bowles sucks, but goddamn if we conclude that he's even 25% of the total problem.

This is what I've been trying to say for a month... But isn't it easier just to think one guy is the problem?

6 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

McCown was way better than Petty, or Hack could have been.  Considering what he had to play with and the length of time he had to play with them I thought he did an admirable job.  He was the best player on the Jets today.  How good can you look when you have crap around you?

"Quarterbacks are judged by wins and losses" but you can't negatively judge this quarterback even though his team lost and they only put up 12 points. 

McCown makes nobody on the team better. He gives the team no energy or hope outside of "hey I can execute an outlet pass exactly as the OC drew it up."

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

His poor positional value is the real problem.  The upside of his drafts, even if they did/do work out is so low.

Bowles is the scapegoat for this season but it really is Mac who needs to go.  

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Oline is horrible at run blocking .

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Powell is a guy who puts up huge numbers when nothing is on the line.  Nothing more, nothing less.  IMO, "Mr. Meaningless".

Right. Super job guys. Thanks for clearing that up. 

Anyone else, was he actually hurt? I woke up and thought I heard that he was injured. Just want to know if I need to get on the waiver wire for a new RB...

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds trite and simplistic, but we are just a really bad team.  We have marginal or abysmal talent at almost every position.  Take Williams off this team and you have a team of scrubs.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I'm not blaming McCown, but we are young and this team is all about evaluating for the future. I would strongly consider going with the young QBs.

We will, Hackenberg will start the Jags game and we're going to suffer through his growing pains and if he's really horrible Petty will get his opportunity to see what he can do. 

Some real trash games by 'contender' teams today.  Houston gets faced rolled, Dalton throws 4 picks and gets shut out, Palmer throws 3 picks (Palmer was done 2 years ago, arians is going to go down  with the ship with a bad player.)

The narrative on this board is all wrong.  The strength of this team, and the money and draft picks are almost all in the front 7.   We should be absolutely dominating the point of attack.  Instead we had almost no qb pressure, the Bills Oline were able to effortlessly move us around and Tyrod Taylor and McCoy gashed us for a crap ton of yards.  And as usual, Williams and Wilkerson will show up for one run stuff a quarter then proceed to gas out.  Not good enough!

The least invested part of the team (the qb and wrs) meanwhile were able to play an ok game, and we put ourselves into position several times.  That really then falls on our talented rbs to make plays, and well they didn't.

When a team's strengths no show, its not going to work out.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's not. But punting down two scores with less than four minutes at midfield is as fireable as it gets. This is basic.

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

he kind of reminded me of Fitz

4 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Interesting opinion that I could not disagree with more.  McCown wasn't the reason we lost, but he completed 26 passes for 187 yards.  An average of just over 7 yards per completion, including YAC.  To put that in perspective, look at this page: https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-passing-yards-per-completion/2016/ 

Almost 3 yards less than the worst team in the league last year.  So basically you have Captain Dumpoff, who has a nice completion percentage when throwing for 3 yards but can't move the ball down the field and gets picked off when he tries.  Not all on him, but he's exactly what he always was and what we thought he'd be.  

I'll take the unknown of Bryce Petty over that all day, every day until I see that he can't cut it.  I know he can put the ball downfield just fine at least.  Give me a chance to win or lose big over a bigger chance to just lose by a little, thank you.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

This is what I've been trying to say for a month... But isn't it easier just to think one guy is the problem?

he is a big problem on Sunday

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

"Quarterbacks are judged by wins and losses" but you can't negatively judge this quarterback even though his team lost and they only put up 12 points. 

McCown makes nobody on the team better. He gives the team no energy or hope outside of "hey I can execute an outlet pass exactly as the OC drew it up."

Who did you expect him to make better? The best offensive guy we had on the field was Kearse who joined the team last week as a throw in for Richardson. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He's not. But punting down two scores with less than four minutes at midfield is as fireable as it gets. This is basic.

Indefensible call by Bowles.  But he's done it before.