How can anyone still defend Macagnan?

Just now, Philc1 said:

What an ignorant post

Rex - 6 years

Herm - 5 years

Tanenbaum - 7 years

Mangini - 3 years

Bradway - 5 years

your response actually ignores his point.......list the good teams that fire their coach and gm every 3 years and you've got something

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

The second my boy Chad called out Hackenberg's name I was pretty much done.

There will be a clearout come season's end. There's no patience for a rebuild in the NFL. It sounds good in theory but when the product is put on the field the fans and owners wont tolerate the sh*t that's being served up.

Mac and Bowles are both gone in 2018. Shame Woody wont join them. 

Just now, jetspenguin said:

your response actually ignores his point.......list the good teams that fire their coach and gm every 3 years and you've got something

Good teams don't hire people like Mike Macagnan and Todd Bowles to run their organization.  With your amazing logic Kotite would have gotten at least another 3 years and we never hire Parcells.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

The second my boy Chad called out Hackenberg's name I was pretty much done.

There will be a clearout come season's end. There's no patience for a rebuild in the NFL. It sounds good in theory but when the product is put on the field the fans and owners wont tolerate the sh*t that's being served up.

Mac and Bowles are both gone in 2018. Shame Woody wont join them. 

There's a difference between rebuilding and rebuilding poorly.  We are doing the latter

Just now, Philc1 said:

Good teams don't hire people like Mike Macagnan and Todd Bowles to run their organization.  With your amazing logic Kotite would have gotten at least another 3 years and we never hire Parcells.

you still didnt answer it........distraction doesnt work....he said good teams dont fire their coach and gm every 3 years, you responded he was wrong and provided a list.....now provide the list of the good teams that fire their coach and gm every 3 years. 

uhhh....after seeing that playcalling today I personally would spring for the billboard. That would be the last straw for me...I think soon enough we will see that Johnny Mo isnt ready.

After one game in a new system lol

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We're rebuilding so the first two drafts don't count

Also don't forget that Hack is basically a rookie. And his progress is fantastic for a rookie, basically a savant that's tracking at pro bowl level.

Also, most GM's in rebuid mode would've traded back last draft and acquired multiple assets. Not Macc, he stood still and took that once in a generation safety that has been the difference-maker we so desperately needed.

Let's bottom line it....Macc is on point and we're lucky to have him.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

Actually what's impossibly stupid is thinking you, Dbuttman, and TomSham wouldn't whine when that's all you've done for the last 10 years.

Unfortunately, verbalizing your distaste with the Jets moves over the past decade has an exceptionally high correlation with being right over the past decade.

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mac is the worst gm in football.  That is not debateable.

and I would argue that Bowles is amongst the worst 3 HC's in football.

Jets management.  Losing like no other.

Defend Macc for what?

The team did awesome today!  We out-tanked another tanking team for the loss.

The better question is, how can anyone be upset with Macc today?

If we had won the game, then yeah, I absolutely would have been pissed.  But we lost.  So everyone be happy.

Came in, spent a lot of money we had and just missed the playoffs by a game.  Instead of trying to fix holes like every other GM we have had, he blew up the roster and we are in position to be a top pick in a what seems to be a good QB draft.  Plus we have a lot of money to spend again.  I know, sounds better than it is.

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah we shouldn't whine that we have a totally clueless regime making this team a mockery

So you would rather we blew a bunch of cap room and traded away some draft picks so we could be good enough to win 7-8 games and look "respectable".  Then once again miss out on good qb's in next years draft?   

You are the problem bro, you and all fans like you.  

1 hour ago, Pac said:

these threads are going to be painful this year..  fans have been whining and crying for a rebuild for 20 years and when they get one they're shocked the team doesn't look great.

and already concluding that this years draft class (or last years for that matter) is a bust is impossibly stupid.

Arguing the wrong issue. Unless you're one of those fans that rah rah want the Jets to win this year, there are a lot of people clearly on board for tanking for a chance at an elite qb. Mac sucking at roster construction, making draft picks, or negotiating trades for the most part are what people are upset about.

the jets have gazillion needs at positions you only really find elite talent in via the top end of the draft (qb, olb/de pass rushers, #1 corner, #1 receiver, LT) and not a ton of assets or even a real plan to fill them all in the next 2-3 years at earliest. Guess we'll really have to wait for the gm's 5 year plan to come to fruition huh.

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Firing Bowles and making Morton the interim HC is really MAc's only chance at salvaging his career IMO.

Morton coached 1 game as a coordinator and lost. Now he's qualified to HC the team?