**** TANKWATCH 2017 - THE HUNT FOR A QB ****

ZachEY

week 1.jpg

Love it or hate it or living in denial of it, there's a strong chance the Jets are in contention for the #1 overall pick come seasons end.  

Week 1 thus far:

Jets lose.

Bills win.

Jags win.

Browns lose, but play Steelers tight.

Bears lose, but play ATL tight.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bears are not in the QB Race ffs, they just drafted Trubisky in the top 5 right?

Sub out Bears, add in 49'ers.

Nothing to report on the 49ers yet, but they will be a huge factor.

Bears matter because at #1, or anywhere ahead of us, they can trade with Browns or Bills who have far more ammo.

On a side note, if Bryce Petty is as good as so many Jet fans think, I hope he never plays a single down for the Jets this season.  We could resign him on the cheap after this season, draft Rosen, let Petty start next season while Rosen learns  and have 3 young QBs .

Keep up the good work coach .  Truth be told, I want the 2nd pick in the draft .

On a side note, if Bryce Petty is as good as so many Jet fans think, I hope he never plays a single down for the Jets this season.  We could resign him on the cheap after this season, draft Rosen, let Petty start next season while Rosen learns  and have 3 young QBs .
Keep up the good work coach .  Truth be told, I want the 2nd pick in the draft .

i want the 1st pick so the team that drafts second has to deal w us to trade up

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

PANDAWATCH. The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I uh... Ching... King is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can't do that he's a live bear, he will literally rip your face off.

F21Ifc6.gif

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Keep up the good work coach . 

Petty is already under contract next year. If they end up with the #1 pick I don't see him signing an extension beyond 2018 with a team that gave him a fraction of the reps that they gave to Christian freaking Hackenberg. Odds are they'd just bench him in favor of Rosen anyway. The reason they kept Petty/Hackenberg on the bench as rookies is because those 2 individuals were too raw to use at all, and far worse prospects than anyone we'd take at or around #1 overall in the country; not because of some unwritten rule about benching any/all rookie QBs.

Playing or benching a rookie QB depends on that individual prospect. There's no evidence that benching every rookie QB is smarter than playing him, and playing Petty over Rosen (or whomever) may be an enormous waste of time.

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Petty is already under contract next year. If they end up with the #1 pick I don't see him signing an extension beyond 2018 with a team that gave him a fraction of the reps that they gave to Christian freaking Hackenberg. Odds are they'd just bench him in favor of Rosen anyway. The reason they kept Petty/Hackenberg on the bench as rookies is because those 2 individuals were too raw to use at all, and far worse prospects than anyone we'd take at or around #1 overall in the country; not because of some unwritten rule about benching any/all rookie QBs.

Playing or benching a rookie QB depends on that individual prospect. There's no evidence that benching every rookie QB is smarter than playing him, and playing Petty over Rosen (or whomever) may be an enormous waste of time.

By any chance are you a Lawyer by profession  ?

Archived