Sign in to follow this  
Smashmouth

Positives/Negatives From Todays Game

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Positive - I think we escaped any serious injuries.

Reading about other games there are some big hits already to other teams.

Agree but we really don't have any impact players that would effect us if they were injured. 

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
18 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Big positive for me personally is that I'm not upset after a loss. I'm approachable.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agreed.  I look at it like taking medicine or getting a shot.  Not fun but good for your long term health.  Made the loss much more palatable.

I lost count on all the missed assignments... I mean WTF have these coaches been doing?  I didn't expect anything and they certainly proved it but I gotta tell you TB needs to go (I mean now not year end) ... putting HACk as back-up is an affront to all of us.  

1 minute ago, SOJ said:

I lost count on all the missed assignments... I mean WTF have these coaches been doing?  I didn't expect anything and they certainly proved it but I gotta tell you TB needs to go (I mean now not year end) ... putting HACk as back-up is an affront to all of us.  

Agreed I was hoping for a win today then it was quite obvious that wasn't happening I was then rooting for Hackenberg to play so we could see how bad things really are. 

The whole thing is with this debate about lee and the safeties shaving lousy of good games.  If they have good games that hardly justifies the draft capital to get them.

If you draft an ilb 20th and a safety at 6 they better very quickly be great playmakers that are dominant.

A good game from a LT, RB, WR, QB, pass rusher are all more valuable then a 'good game' from an ilb or safeties.

Negatives:  This team looks even worse than I was imagining.  I don't think they're going to be competitive for a single game this year.

Positives: Same as the negatives

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did Leonard Williams dress?

I missed a lot of the second half, but it seems like he had a rough start. He was in on a couple of pressures but I didn't see any of those wow plays where he just knifes into the backfield.

Positive: we lowered our payroll and look no worse than last year 

Positive: Blowes and McBlown. Sounds like a comedy team and so far it is

Positive: when we lose we feel like we won

Mo Wilkerson NEGATIVE! Way overpaid! He should have been cut and we should have kept Richardson. !8 million dollar below average DE. Quits when double teamed, the great ones split the double team and still make impact on game. Also takes plays off.

O-line can't run block.

Powell should be the starting back. 

Tye impressed me. Hope he gets better.

Bowles looks lost. He will be fired sooner the better.

My observations.

33 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Today felt weird for me. I have never been less excited on opening day in the past 20 years. Usually I cannot sleep outta excitement and today I almost forgot we had a game. 

I was like that midway through the season.

Negative: 4-14 3rd down conversion

Negative: Raymond dropped two punts (regardless of the fact he picked one up and got good yardage)

Positive: Wideouts and TE's didn't drop passes

Positive: Battled pretty good for much of the game

Positive: Will Tye looked good

I had less interest in today's game than any  opener in my life.  Directv Sunday Ticket was a lifesaver today (although the games today were pretty horrible in general) .  I'm all in for 2018 though, so long as the losing continues and we have a young franchise QB to show for this season's ineptitude.

3 hours ago, SOJ said:

Lee maybe a bust... he was out of position on a lot of plays today and your  comment about Maye should have been Lee.  he clearly was flat footed and reacted way too late.  

I couldn't understand Smash killing Davis in his OP and not a word on Lee who was dog sh*t awful once again. Davis did some good things and bad. Darren Lee does nothing good. 

jets fans are super spoiled in run defense.  The NFL average for scoring is 22 points per game.

Biggest negative for me was run blocking. It was just really bad

Biggest positive for me was Mortons play calling. He actually made an adjustment ! He saw the run blocking sucked, so he started calling passes !

Maybe he can be our HC when we draft a QB !

Positives: Todd Bowles has proven he's a complete fraud when it comes to teaching defensive schemes & putting players in the best position to succeed! Even in 2015 his defenses give up huge plays & 3rd downs when they MUST GET A STOP! For all his genius (according to announcers) he hasn't been able to contain a TE since he's arrived in NY. So, firing him is eventually a positive.

Like others have said, it was strange watching this game as I got excited for Stewarts almost TD, Tye looks decent, Kearse played hard, we'll definitely see McGuire sooner than later (Forte has no burst), and I got over this loss before it even happened. We will be getting Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield! 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

jets fans are super spoiled in run defense.  The NFL average for scoring is 22 points per game.

Biggest negative for me was run blocking. It was just really bad

Biggest positive for me was Mortons play calling. He actually made an adjustment ! He saw the run blocking sucked, so he started calling passes !

Maybe he can be our HC when we draft a QB !

I said in the preseason what would be my dream would be to get our choice of #1 QB in the draft, fire Bowles & somehow get Sean Payton as head coach & keep Morton. Any f*cking DC available would do as well or better than what Bowles/Rogers have shown in 3 years. Absolutely no loss defensively firing Bowles.