Positives/Negatives From Todays Game

Smashmouth

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

Cannot run block 8 or 9, though.  The other team does not fear our downfield game, either due to our receivers or to having Rip Van Winkle at QB.  Does he have an even slower relese than Fitz?  Also does not help that Forte has Wilmer-Flores-type speed.  Slow runner+slow developing plays=loss of yardage

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree but we really don't have any impact players that would effect us if they were injured. 

I'm thinking more about the guys we're counting on to be the foundation of the team ... our high draft picks etc.

San Fran had Reuben Foster carted off in their game, he'd looked good before that. That just sucks, whatever team you are.

the best thing about this game is that bowles is still bowles, he still coaches out of fear and is clearly coaching for his job.  he starts mccown, and uses forte way too much who is clearly washed up.  he names hack the backup even though he didn't even earn the 3rd string job and petty is healthy, inviting needless questions about the backup qb.  bowles is still chasing his tail, he's playing games with petty, probably b/c of last year's locker room politics, and still hasn't figured out that down 2 scores with 4 minutes left with a defense that can't stop the run, that you go for it near midfield.

as the losses pile up, and as bowles continues to trot mccown out there and claim absurdedly that he gives them the best chance to win, he will have aided this much needed tank so well that he will deserve a much needed kudos even as he is ushered out of florham park right after the season.  even mccage will realize - if he even escapes the purge - that bowles cannot touch the next qb.

enjoy college football - we are the frontrunners in the darnold/rosen sweepstakes.  

58 minutes ago, jack48 said:

absolutely agree on Gannon.  cannot cover a 1 yard crossin pattern thr traffic.  he hates the Jets, but he has to cover them as he is low mn on the otem pole. Dvid Harris, smart and slow. DD---dumb and fast.  Forte is shot.  Don't forget the 2 point call and the punt.

The biggest blunders from my vantage point.  First came way too early, the second showed he's "in" on the tank.  Betting he returns.  

34 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the best thing about this game is that bowles is still bowles, he still coaches out of fear and is clearly coaching for his job.  

He doesn't seem to even be able to do this right. If you're coaching for your job you go down swinging. Instead Bowles is going to go down punting. :(

The punt down 2 scores with 4 min left was pure stupidity. I could understand if you had a top five defense and the other team could not run the ball worth a crap but thats the best running team in the NFL 2 years in a row and you give them the ball back ? I mean they gained close to 200 yards for christs sake. 

Bad roster or no bad roster you still have to make the correct calls as a head coach and Bowles seems incapable of that..... so NO the guy should not get a pass this year.

Also Bowles opted to keep Kacy Rogers, so how in the hell does Bowles take play calling duties away from him in the first game ??? I mean is anyone in the Jets organization questioning this guy and the dumb sh*t hes doing ? I mean its like hes keeping his friend on the payroll cause he knows hes getting dumped at seasons end.

23 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Lee played well today and was very physical. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/jets-fail-takeoff-takeaway-loss-134425119.html

1: LB Inconsistencies:

The Jets backers didn’t have a fantastic day by any stretch. It was a scattered effort, having a really up and down day in the office as they were unable to cover the any of the Bills’ tight ends or get the running game going.

Darron Lee was replaced halfway through the second quarter as he finished with the lowest PFF grade for the defense with a mere 38.3. Not a good look for the former first round draft pick.

Also on the other end of the spectrum, Demario Davis flashed on the stat sheet, similiarly to what we had come to know during his former years in NY before, making 14 tackles on the day and having a half sack. Davis, however, found himself out of position on multiple plays throughout the day despite making headlines on the stat sheet. He let up many of the 10+ yard gains the Bills had on the day.

The coming week on the training field can hopefully rectify some of the mistakes in coverage from the guys in what is such a crucial position in today’s NFL landscape.

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The punt down 2 scores with 4 min left was pure stupidity. I could understand if you had a top five defense and the other team could not run the ball worth a crap but thats the best running team in the NFL 2 years in a row and you give them the ball back ? I mean they gained close to 200 yards for christs sake. 

Bad roster or no bad roster you still have to make the correct calls as a head coach and Bowles seems incapable of that..... so NO the guy should not get a pass this year.

Also Bowles opted to keep Kacy Rogers, so how in the hell does Bowles take play calling duties away from him in the first game ??? I mean is anyone in the Jets organization questioning this guy and the dumb sh*t hes doing ? I mean its like hes keeping his friend on the payroll cause he knows hes getting dumped at seasons end.

No way he lasts the season if he continues doing what he's doing and the team plays like they did yesterday. 

Archived