Bowles Lives on Another World

TheSage

4 minutes to go-reasonable distance for 1st down-down 2 scores and he punts???  Maybe I'm wrong but this seems to be another one of his lack of awareness on field. On a best case scenario- Buffalo goes 3 and out-punts and we get the ball with 3 minutes to go-no timeouts and we have to score and recover onsides then score again. Time for him to go back to being DC.

23 minutes ago, TheSage said:

4 minutes to go-reasonable distance for 1st down-down 2 scores and he punts???  Maybe I'm wrong but this seems to be another one of his lack of awareness on field. On a best case scenario- Buffalo goes 3 and out-punts and we get the ball with 3 minutes to go-no timeouts and we have to score and recover onsides then score again. Time for him to go back to being DC.

The Sage...  thats an ELP tune on Pictures at an exhibition.

27 minutes ago, TheSage said:

He actually said he thought the D could stop them .... in his post game comments.  I mean he is delusional and totally inept as a HC. 

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bowles is one of the last reasons that this team sucks....however its pretty astonishing he punts in these situations. The guy doesnt give a sh*t that he'll never be a HC again after this.

Nope, pretty sure he is a major factor. 

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Seems like converting 4th down there is maybe 15-20% and then you still need to stop and score again, so low ends to mount the comeback, but punting in that situation has to have a way lower overall win chance. Gutless

How about if he had been in a hurry up for the previous 10 minutes? 

What if he had attempt to get into field goal range at the end of the half?

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Therein  lies the problem; Bowles has slowed this team down to what he can understand. They are at best a college team.

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I swear to God I just heard both Greg Buttle and Don Lagreca say, and I quote: "Todd Bowles is a good coach, there is little doubt about that". I almost drove my SUV into a bridge embankment on the Grand Central Parkway. 

Greg Buttle used to be a favorite of mine not any longer he's  clueless.

2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yeah, 31 of 32 teams at least TRY a pass or 2 with 30 seconds and three time outs. Against the ZONE defense you WILL see in that situation you can literally run 8 plays.  Didin't Sanchez score a winning TOUCHDOWN in a similar situation.

Just now, johnnysd said:

Yeah, 31 of 32 teams at least TRY a pass or 2 with 30 seconds and three time outs. Against the ZONE defense you WILL see in that situation you can literally run 8 plays.  Didin't Sanchez score a winning TOUCHDOWN in a similar situation.

Yes nothing to lose everything to gain but not the Jets. 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He went for 2 in the 3rd quarter.  Its common knowledge you never go for 2 in the 3rd quarter unless its a blowout. 

It would only have bedn a one score game if he kicks the extra point in the 3rd.

The guy is awful.

That was SOOO dumb. You never chase that point in that situation. 

Just now, johnnysd said:

I know the Pats score at the end of almost every half.

I know the Jets never do. It is impossible to score if you take a knee. That should be Bowles middle name. Todd "Take a knee" Bowles. 

15 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I swear to God I just heard both Greg Buttle and Don Lagreca say, and I quote: "Todd Bowles is a good coach, there is little doubt about that". I almost drove my SUV into a bridge embankment on the Grand Central Parkway. 

Bowles is an "inside" football guy. Because he gets the nod of Arians and Parcells it is assumed he has a clue. He has none. Seriously, I could be a better game day HC than this loser.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He went for 2 in the 3rd quarter.  Its common knowledge you never go for 2 in the 3rd quarter unless its a blowout. 

It would only have bedn a one score game if he kicks the extra point in the 3rd.

The guy is awful.

With our offense I had no issue with it.

So just to hammer home how absolutely clueless Todd Bowles is, this is what he said about punting:

"We thought we could stop them and the the ball back. That simple"

Holy hell. Seriously Todd?

Todd you are down by 2 scores. You need to stop them not once but twice. TWICE as it one more than one. 

You have 4 minutes left. So basically to stop losing 2 minutes of clock you have to burn all three timeouts and stop 3 runs for less than 10 yards. Then score with no timeouts, and field an onsides kick, and then score again with no timeouts.

If you go for it and make the first down you have a realistic chance of winning, but if you miss (and here is the big one you fuuucking idiot)

THE SITUATION IS ALMOST THE SAME AS IF YOU HAD PUNTED, since they will not risk throwing and you still have 3 timeouts.

So essentially, the 4th down try was FREE

Bowles seriously does not understand the basics of game and time management. Just fire him tonight. Not joking. Between the McCLown decision, the Hack backup decision, the complete lack of game planning or adjustments and the punting decision it is not possible to in inverse "coach speech" to "give your team less chance to win"

OMG

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

So just to hammer home how absolutely clueless Todd Bowles is, this is what he said about punting:

Todd you are down by 2 scores. You need to stop them not once but twice. TWICE as it one more than one. 

You have 4 minutes left. So basically to stop losing 2 minutes of clock you have to burn all three timeouts and stop 3 runs for less than 10 yards. Then score with no timeouts, and field an onsides kick, and then score again with no timeouts.

If you go for it and make the first down you have a realistic chance of winning, but if you miss (and here is the big one you fuuucking idiot)

THE SITUATION IS ALMOST THE SAME AS IF YOU HAD PUNTED, since they will not risk throwing and you still have 3 timeouts.

Bowles seriously does not understand the basics of game and time management. Just fire him tonight. Not joking. Between the McCLown decision, the Hack backup decision, the complete lack of game planning or adjustments and the punting decision it is not possible to in inverse "coach speech" to "give your team less chance to win"

OMG

The punting down two scores is really fascinating. I just expect it now...for as much as these guys bullsh*t how grateful they are for these opportunities its amazing how little they give a sh*t. Have fun coaching Pelham JV next year.

3 hours ago, TheSage said:

Before I opened this thread but saw the title, I thought it was about punting late 2 scores down.  Sad that I was right.

It makes absolutely no sense to me and I had no desire to watch the postgame to see if a reporter would ask him about it.  It boggles.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Bowles is one of the last reasons that this team sucks....however its pretty astonishing he punts in these situations. The guy doesnt give a sh*t that he'll never be a HC again after this.

Completely agree with this.  He's down on the totem pole in culpability, but it still boggles that he punts there.  What is the logic in it?

34 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

OMG

If he hadn't done the exact same thing last year I would have said he was on board with the tank.   i.e. keep the game reasonably competitive but make sure they lose in the 4th.   No need to win any extra games, especially vs. another team "building for the future".  

Lol...Todd Bowles. Last year he's up 7-0 at home vs Bills, Bills are reeling, Jets are running the ball down their throats, he gets a 4th & 1/2 yard from a TD & he sends out Folk & the kick gets blocked, lol. 

Today, 3rd quarter isn't even over & in a 12-14 game goes for 2 to tie? I just shook my head & really could give two sh*ts at that point as I'm just wondering if it's Darnold or Rosen, but when we failed my face made that grinch smile smirk knowing every move this guy makes brings us closer to sending this Indian back to the front of a cigar store.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Greg Buttle used to be a favorite of mine not any longer he's  clueless.

Get the sense he doesn't want to piss off Jets management by telling the truth. Being the pre, post and halftime guy is easy money. But his homerism is an embarrassment. Was all over the defense, but you aren't winning NFL games with this kind of offense. You're asking the defense to thread the needle every week, and under the NFL's rules that's crazy. 

I would like an explanation from Bowles because it really doesn't make sense.  Your team is down 2 scores late, which means your team has been pretty much outplayed in the game on both sides of the ball.  What makes you think you can now stop them in a 3 and out without them killing the clock in order to get the ball back?

He is done, but Woody will have to come to grips that he is the one, with his consultants from the NFL, who hired Bowles and Mac, who have proven they are unfit for their jobs.

I was looking for a couple of things today:

• Smart defensive scheme.
  • Good coaching.
  • The young players developing.

Defense played hard but continued to give up the big play like last year.  

Why was Davis covering TEs?  We know he can't do that.  That is what Lee and the safeties are supposed to be doing.

Bowles is so cooked at this point.

4 hours ago, TheSage said:

When asked he seems unfazed by the question in the post game presser.  He gives the usual unemotional reply like there is no other option.

Duh

If this was a picture of Todd Bowles, former NFL Player and respected defensive coordinator who was the current Head Coach of the New York Jets and nothing else was different, no game result, no coaching decision.....nothing else.....

Football-Coach-CC1-1.jpg

Then he would be the absolute laughingstock of the NFL, a punchline of a joke with editorial cartoons depicting him as a clown.

But hes untouchable. 

So get used to it. Hes got at least 2 years before he gets fired. 

Archived