Sign in to follow this  
LionelRichie

Who can this team even get to be HC next year?

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Who wants to coach a team where the owner is on a power trip?  Woody Johnson is the guy who decided that after firing Tannebaum whatever GM he hired had to retain Rex Ryan.  He also hired Todd Bowles before hiring Mac.  They both report to Woody. 

Add to it that you have an impatient fan base who wants to come here?  I wouldn't be shocked to see Woody Johnson re-hire Rex next season thinking he can help sell season tickets. 

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

...or Bowles will return.

If Maccagnan does have immunity, at least for 1 more season, then they may as well bring back Bowles as well. I don't want to see Maccagnan given 2-3 more years of mulligans and a de facto extension in an effort to not saddle his replacement with an incumbent HC that Macc hired. 

They should both get dumped at the end of the season. Sooner, if possible. But if one is retained, then bring them both back so one doesn't get an additional, undeserved free ride with the other's replacement.

and these guys were the products of an elite consulting team's recommendation.  Can we trust Woody to make a "better choice."  It is like the Wilpons.  Can Met fans trust the Wilpons to pick a new GM?  They should conceive of a written test for GMs in all sports.  Forget interviews.  Any idiot can fake his way through an interview.  A written test, and 65 is not passing.

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

...or Bowles will return.

If Maccagnan does have immunity, at least for 1 more season, then they may as well bring back Bowles as well. I don't want to see Maccagnan given 2-3 more years of mulligans and a de facto extension in an effort to not saddle his replacement with an incumbent HC that Macc hired. 

They should both get dumped at the end of the season. Sooner, if possible. But if one is retained, then bring them both back so one doesn't get an additional, undeserved free ride with the other's replacement.

This is why you do it now and promote the backup HC. Same idea as replacing the QB with your prospect just so you know what you have without wasting another year.

I know he has no OC experience but he seems competent and driven. We've had both before but not in the same person. 

bill obrien if he gets canned he has history with macc also with hack. him and houstons upper management dont seeem to get along. if not him  i would love peyton if he leaves the saints. i just want an offensive coach for a change

2 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

bill obrien if he gets canned he has history with macc also with hack. him and houstons upper management dont seeem to get along. if not him  i would love peyton if he leaves the saints. i just want an offensive coach for a change

I'd be fine with either one. No more first time HC and no more defensive HC. Esp if we draft QB high, would want an offense-minded guy in charge. 

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I don't want Saban.  He was a disaster in Miami an has the unfair advantage of being able to pay blue chip players at Alabama.  I also don't think there is anyway he would ever come here unless he got busted

He wasn't.   He and management argued over a FA QB.

Saban really wanted Brees.   Management gave him Daunte Culpeppar

15 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

There are literally no blue chip prospects on this roster and there is a perpetually dysfunctional reporting relationship where HC and GM both report to the owner.   I can see the failed retreads lining up but I don't see a premiere candidate taking over this dumpster fire when other, better positions will be available.  

Harbaugh is pipe dream, Gruden is a broadcaster - although his brother may be available.  Not sure there will be many options who would want this gig.    

When you have the #1 overall pick in a QB rich draft it'll open up some doors... Plus there are only 32 of these gigs. There will be people who want the job for sure.

8 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Yes, let's pick our next HC based on their history with Hack... Jesus Christ... 

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jets are going to have 80m in cap room and a top draft pick. That will atract somebody

It was 80 before they traded Richardson, add another 11 million if they decide Mo is a slug waste, it'll be closer to 100 million. 

I said earlier today that I thought Schwartz would have done great things with this defense he would probably be willing to take our hc job and if he found the right offensive coordinator could probably be a good hc. If nothing else at least he would bring some dam attitude and emotion back to the team.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

42 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yes, let's pick our next HC based on their history with Hack... Jesus Christ... 

no im not saying we should hack sucs but i could see our dumb front office thining along these lines

20 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I like Morton.

Id like Todd Haley too

has to be an offensive guy with the new qb.

Look at the improvement of Goff now that Fisher is gone

20 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I think Haley, and Darnold would make a very interesting combination, Darnold is like Big Ben light.

I think Todd Haley would be a great choice.  The only thing that I would dictate is that with a top pick and $100M in cap space, the QB position gets solved immediately.  After that, they can do what they want.

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

I think Todd Haley would be a great choice.  The only thing that I would dictate is that with a top pick and $100M in cap space, the QB position gets solved immediately.  After that, they can do what they want.

Haley, Darnold, and Lev Bell is a good start!

7 hours ago, prime21 said:

If I were betting money I would  Fisher.

jeff-fisher.jpg

I would stop being a Jets fan. Seriously. Not even lying. He is the biggest fraud coach ever.