Allen Robinson (Out For Year)- Possible WR Target Next Year?

win4ever

Allen Robinson tore his ACL today, and he's a free agent at the end of the year.  Could he be on the Jets radar for next year?  He already has ties to Hackenberg, and with the right QB could be a monster.  The Jets have a need at WR (as well as pretty much everywhere else), so could this be a fit, while he signs a decent sized (but not mega) contract because of the injury?

Would a Robinson/Enunwa/Anderson trio work, with Stewart/Hansen as the back up?  Risky to have two top guys come back from major injuries, but at this point, the Jets need to take some risks.  

Assuming the Jets draft a QB with their top pick, they should have an under-paid QB for 4-5 years, allowing them to spend some money on weapons.  The injury should take the franchise tag off the table as well.  

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

I wanted Robinson, but this might change things, but he is still pretty young.

I'm thinking the Jets should drop a boat load of money on Lev Bell to help the young rookie QB now thou.

I love Robinson as a player, if he's healthy.  He kinda reminds me of an AJ Green type player that has been stuck with a horrible QB.  If he wasn't hurt, I was sure he'd be franchise tagged.

I would take the leap of faith on him, and try to include an out clause after 2 years if the injury persists.  We have a low stack of talent, so to rebuild, I think we have to take some risks and hope to hit on them.  

I'm intrigued by Bell, but his Revis level holdouts bother me honestly.  Also think part of his effectiveness comes from that team.  He's known as a really patient runner, waits for blocks to be set up, etc.  Behind our line, he's just be backpedaling as he's waiting.  

58 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I'm sure Kevin White could be available too ... emoji6.png

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I would take a flyer on him too, lol, albeit much cheaper.  Injuries can be horrible, but it can also quickly transition the rebuild if we hit it right.

I'm saying all this assuming we get one of the top QBs in the draft next year, btw.  If not, throw it all out.  

Archived